THE BROWNS BOARD

John Elway invested $15 million in a Ponzi scheme

Kosar_For_President

Hall of Fame quarterback John Elway and a business partner invested $15 million with a hedge-fund manager who was recently arrested for running a Ponzi scheme.

The Denver Post reported that the two invested $15 million with Sean Mueller in March with the understanding that the money would be placed in a trust until a final decision was made about where it would be invested.

About 65 people had invested $71 million with Mueller over the past decade. Yet in April, Mueller only had $9.5 million, according to a state investigator. He turned himself in to authorities on Wednesday on charges of racketeering, securities fraud and theft, and is being held in prison on $2 million bond.

Elway and his partner have asked that their claim be processed ahead of any other investors' because their $15 million was supposed to be placed in a trust, not pooled with the money of the rest of the hedge fund. According to an April filing, $12 million of Elway's money was placed into a Morgan Stanley trust account, as expected. The other $3 million has gone missing.

Since retiring from football, Elway's personal life has veered toward the tragic. His father died of a heart attack, his twin sister passed away due to cancer and his wife left him all in a span of 15 months.

Elway = life fail. Once a donkey always a donkey.

Since retiring from football, Elway's personal life has veered toward the tragic. His father died of a heart attack, his twin sister passed away due to cancer and his wife left him all in a span of 15 months.

I don't think making fun of him especially when something like this happened to him is very appropriate.

I hope he loses it all. Im sick of the press trying to make poor people feel sorry for rich people who do dumb things with they're money.

StupidIsAsStupidDoes.jpg

Why is it we are supposed to feel sorry for the elite? Shit happens, deal with it.

Where he goes, and what he does from here on out, will be his measure of being a success in life or just another burned out super star loser.

It is Elways choice to be a victim or to be victorious.

First, he and his partner are out 3 mil....not 15

There is no interest being paid, so the days of living on interest are over...at least for now.

It isn't a matter of pity or feeling sorry for him. It's the opposite where people seem glad this sort of thing happened.....those are the ones I pity.

I didn't see posts of glee when Kosar lost his family and fortune.

Browns fans are funny people. I hated losing to elway but those were some of the most exciting and depressing games I have ever watched. A heartbreak for sure but what an experience and it could have gone the other way and we would be making fun of Denver fans all these years. But instead, Browns fans wish bad luck and sadness on a person because of a game that we all love and one Jhn and the Broncos played extremely well. I think its unfortunate that he made poor financial decisions but it just dosent make sense to wish sadness and life problems on someone because of a game. Really people this makes you feel good about yourself?

First, he and his partner are out 3 mil....not 15

There is no interest being paid, so the days of living on interest are over...at least for now.

It isn't a matter of pity or feeling sorry for him. It's the opposite where people seem glad this sort of thing happened.....those are the ones I pity.

I didn't see posts of glee when Kosar lost his family and fortune.

I think there were some trolls that expressed those sentiments of glee.

Such a thing can happen to anyone.

Like you said, NO interest is being paid, so people are trying to find some way to get a decent return on funds and this sort of risky investment becomes enticing.

I'm sory for his losses or anyones losses. Be it that they have money or not, they worked for it sacraficed for it and what have you. To be scammed is also a shame. A persons damages, failures or heartbreak feels the same no matter who, what or where they are in life.

I'm sory for his losses or anyones losses. Be it that they have money or not, they worked for it sacraficed for it and what have you. To be scammed is also a shame. A persons damages, failures or heartbreak feels the same no matter who, what or where they are in life.

I don't know you Batman....so maybe you are very wealthy and astute in the ways of the world and money, but a lot of people at least fairly wealthy and astute in the ways of money have been scammed.

In my lifetime I have probably lost $400,000 in investments gone bad.....just the way it goes....and those were without people trying to rip me off, so I guess that makes me a dumb ass....but I don't think so since I have a pretty nice nest egg and have done pretty well with my investments....let's just say I love McDonalds.....I bought in early and hard. McDonalds is the best restaurant company ever.

I don't know you Batman....so maybe you are very wealthy and astute in the ways of the world and money, but a lot of people at least fairly wealthy and astute in the ways of money have been scammed.

In my lifetime I have probably lost $400,000 in investments gone bad.....just the way it goes....and those were without people trying to rip me off, so I guess that makes me a dumb ass....but I don't think so since I have a pretty nice nest egg and have done pretty well with my investments....let's just say I love McDonalds.....I bought in early and hard. McDonalds is the best restaurant company ever.

Peen I have a deal for you

What's that??

You get on your knees and I give you $6??

Just kidding man.....just as you were

oo

off-topic, but i have read your posts on this topic before. are you also on the Chipotle bandwagon? just asking, since McD's swallowed them up.

far be it from me to offer financial advice to anyone i've never met face to face, but fwiw i think Chipotle is a solid buy as well and i recommend getting in again if you haven't already, Peen. jmo, of course. ;)

no comment on Elway. i won't even tune into the local about it. then again, i don't even have tv right now so.......

oo

off-topic, but i have read your posts on this topic before. are you also on the Chipotle bandwagon? just asking, since McD's swallowed them up.

far be it from me to offer financial advice to anyone i've never met face to face, but fwiw i think Chipotle is a solid buy as well and i recommend getting in again if you haven't already, Peen. jmo, of course. ;)

Not sure what you are saying here

OK....edit here....just got it.

If the Golden Arches are involved, I buy.

Not sure what you are saying here
google "chipotle". it's a good chain, coming soon to a theatre near you. or town rather.

they've been in Cincy for over 5 yrs so i find it hard to believe you are not familiar, so i'm saying buy in. or if you still don't know, just disregard it all. :D

edit: worth taking a look for sure. i'll pm some specifics. i considered working for them.

I'm sure there are many wealthy people that have been scammed. As I said, I feel for anyone that goes through a tough time. Glad your McDonald stock is doing so well....you can thank me and my kids.

Archived