THE BROWNS BOARD

New interception stat

bkosar74

If you're going to wipe out the turnovers by the Browns don't you also have to wipe out the opponents turnovers?

Not necessary. It does not work like algebra. It is upto your team to make sure that they do not throw a pick six just like it is upto your team to make sure they dont commit false start and other penalties. In close games such mistakes can cost the game. If Seneca Wallace did not throw a pick 6, then the Browns would have handed KC their first loss. I know the Kansas City defense has improved a lot but I dont their offense was good enough to win. The interception essentially won the game for them.

I think that you're slightly missing a point here. This exercise doesn't say that one QB's interceptions are more hurtful to his team in terms of wins and losses, only in how much of a point swing they account for. When you're in close games like the Browns have been, Delhomme's 14.7 or Seneca's 6.2 points lost equal losses of games whereas Eli Manning's or Aaron Rodgers' values may not.

I understand that but regardless of the statistics of how harmful a missed two foot putt is you look like a whining fool if you make statements like "if I hadn't missed those three two footers, I would have won"

Every close game ever played in the NFL is loaded with little things that if you hadn't screwed up you could have won.

That's certainly true. Every NFL game comes down to five plays (or so I was told). If you think about it people love to fixate on this play and that play and how "if this...then that". Annoys me to hell. There are reasons and there are excuses and while I certainly like analyzing the former....I truly can't stand the latter.

The Browns are -2 in turnover differential, not a big deal. If you're going to wipe out the turnovers by the Browns don't you also have to wipe out the opponents turnovers? Or are you just looking at excuses?

how many of the turnovers we recovered were we able to score on AND if we scored was it a touchdown. now a interception by the opponent's defense leading to an immediate touchdown is different don't you think?

how many of the turnovers we recovered were we able to score on AND if we scored was it a touchdown. now a interception by the opponent's defense leading to an immediate touchdown is different don't you think?

OK, for fun (and running out of DVR space) I just rewatched the Browns Bengals game. Turnovers most definitely won us that game. But as I've said for years concerning football, I'd rather be lucky than good.

To win it all sometimes you need a little of both- like that Giants miracle catch off the helmet to beat the Patsies in the Super Bowl.

Archived