THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the AFC North

Zombo

You won't be able to hear it ... what with all the bombastic cheers for their beloved quarterback's return ... but maybe you'll be able to feel it. Maybe a quick chill, or a sobering moment of stillness. For at 1 o'clock this afternoon the Pittsburgh Steelers franchise will forever lose its soul, or what's left of it. It will gently blow out of Heinz Field and down the Ohio River ... gone for good. Many of the Steeler faithful may not feel it this afternoon ... but deep down, they already know it.

They know that with privilege comes responsibility. They know that character counts. But today ... they choose to ignore it ... and so blows that soul down the river.

Picture yourself a young man in his late twenties. You are a strong, world-class athlete in the best shape of your life. You have a $100 million contract to play a game. You are a two-time champion at the most-important position in the biggest sport in the country. You are the face of a franchise and of a city. You have been blessed with ability and money and fame ... and a whole city looks up to you. Little kids have your poster on their walls, wives and mothers and daughters wear your pink jersey every gameday. You have been given everything, including great responsibility.

So how do you conduct yourself ... how do you handle your private life? Do you find the most beautiful girl in the world and marry her, like Tom Brady? Or are you a happily married man who keeps his private life private like Peyton Manning? Or do you go the bachelor route, like Derek Jeter, and wine and dine the finest women at the nicest restaurants?

Not if you don't have the class of those guys. Not if you are "Big Ben" Roethlisberger. Not if you are nothing but selfish, arrogant and self-centered. Not if you shit all over the responsibilty of that contract, that city, those fans ... No, you are a hunter. Not the kind that enjoys the challenge of tracking down live game in a man versus nature sort of way ... no you are more of a get drunk on a stocked preserve and fire away aimlessly type-of-guy.

Your big night out consists of getting liquored up with your entourage of over-sized ass-kissers and going to a small college town and preying on the drunkest co-eds you can find. You hunt your game by following one of them into the ladies room while your huge accomplice blocks the only door. Then you have your way with a drunk, naive coed incapable of rationally thinking for herself. You, sir, are a pig.

For some reason, I often think of the father of the girl. I doubt he has a $100 million contract. Probably worked hard and sacrificed his whole life to send his little girl to college. But because she decided to get drunk one night with her girlfriends and hit the local college bars, her college experience will always be remembered for one thing: For being trapped in a seedy public restroom while a 6'5 240 lb. man has his way with her. Strike that: not because she got drunk ... because Pig Ben was in town hunting. And what Pig Ben wants, Pig Ben gets.

And today, the city that Ben let down, the fathers of those kids with the posters, the husbands of those women with the pink jerseys ... they will welcome their hero back with waving towels and thunderous cheers. Because Pittsburgh, and the Steeler organization, have decided that maybe character is over-rated. Maybe winning those football games is really all that matters in the end.

And the soul gently drifts down the mighty river...

Baltimore at New England 1 PM

The Ravens are getting a lot of love nationally, but the Patriots are still my pick in the AFC. A lot has been made about Randy Moss being traded away, but I've learned not to bet against Belichick. He has a way of making a team stronger by subtraction. And I think Tom Brady can exploit this Raven secondary. Should be an entertaining contest ... but my money is on Brady and Belichick at home. PATRIOTS 30 RAVENS 27

Cleveland at Pittsburgh 1 PM

The Browns have been in every game this year right through the fourth quarter, and this will be no exception. This game will come down to who can take over the line of scrimmage, who has the power running game and who can get to the other team's QB the most. Those answers used to always be easy ones: Pittsburgh. But not any more. The Browns have an offensive line that blow holes through the best defenses and protect their QBs even when no one is getting open. They have a power running game behind Peyton Hillis that can salt away a game. And they have a pass rush that will simply over-power the mediocre Steeler offensive line. This is the day the Browns win at Pittsburgh. And it couldn't happen at a better time to a nicer bunch of people. BROWNS 20 STEELERS 16

Zombo

You won't be able to hear it ... what with all the bombastic cheers for their beloved quarterback's return ... but maybe you'll be able to feel it. Maybe a quick chill, or a sobering moment of stillness. For at 1 o'clock this afternoon the Pittsburgh Steelers franchise will forever lose its soul, or what's left of it. It will gently blow out of Heinz Field and down the Ohio River ... gone for good. Many of the Steeler faithful may not feel it this afternoon ... but deep down, they already know it.

They know that with priviledge comes responsibility. They know that character counts. But today ... they choose to ignore it ... and so blows that soul down the river.

Picture yourself a young man in his late twenties. You are a strong, world-class athlete in the best shape of your life. You have a $100 million contract to play a game. You are a two-time champion at the most-important position in the biggest sport in the country. You are the face of a franchise and of a city. You have been blessed with ability and money and fame ... and a whole city looks up to you. Little kids have your poster on their walls, wives and mothers and daughters wear your pink jersey every gameday. You have been given everything, including great responsibility.

So how do you conduct yourself ... how do you handle your private life? Do you find the most beautiful girl in the world and marry her, like Tom Brady? Or are you a happily married man who keeps his private life private like Peyton Manning? Or do you go the bachelor route, like Derek Jeter, and wine and dine the finest women at the nicest restaraunts?

Not if you don't have the class of those guys. Not if you are "Big Ben" Roethlisberger. Not if you are nothing but selfish, arrogant and self-centered. Not if you shit all over the repsonsibilty of that contract, that city, those fans ... No, you are a hunter. Not the kind that enjoys the challenge of tracking down live game in a man versus nature sort of way ... no you are more of a get drunk on a stocked preserve and fire away aimlessly type-of-guy.

Your big night out consists of getting liquored up with your entourage of over-sized ass-kissers and going to a small college town and preying on the drunkest co-eds you can find. You hunt your game by following one of them into the ladies room while your huge accomplice blocks the only door. Then you have your way with a drunk, naive coed incapable of rationally thinking for herself. You, sir, are a pig.

For some reason, I often think of the father of the girl. I doubt he has a $100 million contract. Probably worked hard and sacrificed his whole life to send his little girl to college. But because she decided to get drunk one night with her girlfriends and hit the local college bars, her college experience will always be remembered for one thing: For being trapped in a seedy public restroom while a 6'5 240 lb. man has his way with her. Strike that: not because she got drunk ... because Pig Ben was in town hunting. And what Pig Ben wants, Pig Ben gets.

And today, the city that Ben let down, the fathers of those kids with the posters, the husbands of those women with the pink jerseys ... they will welcome their hero back with waving towels and thunderous cheers. Because Pittsburgh, and the Steeler organization has decided that maybe character is over-rated. Maybe winning those fooball games is really all that matters in the end.

The Ravens are getting a lot of love nationally, but the Patriots are still my pick in the AFC. A lot has been made about Randy Moss being traded away, but I've learned not to bet against Belichick. He has a way of maing a team stronger by subtraction. And I think Tom Brady can exploit this Raven secondary. Should be an entertaining contest ... but my money is on Brady and Belichick at home. PATRIOTS 30 RAVENS 27

The Browns have been in every game this year right through the fourth quarter, and this will be no exception. This game will come down to who can take over the line of scrimmage, who has the power running game and who can get to the other team's QB the most. Those answers used to always be easy ones: Pitsburgh. But not any more. The Browns have an offensive line that blow holes through the best defenses and protect their QBs even when no one is getting open. They have a power running game behind Peyton Hillis that can salt away a game. And they have a pass rush that will simply over-power the mediocre Steeler offensive line. This is the day the Browns win at Pittsburgh. And it couldn't happen at a better time to a nicer bunch of people. BROWNS 20 STEELERS 16

Zombo

Halleluja.

Zombie, your "week in the AFC north" is always good for a laugh. How can someone can be so wrong so many times? People should use your thread as a betting guide and whatever teams you pick to win they should bet against. :lol:

STEELERS - 30

browns - 6

Hope you bought some good alcohol and are ready for a long day as a browns fan. The browns are about to be handed a serious ass beating.

Zombie, your "week in the AFC north" is always good for a laugh. How can someone can be so wrong so many times? People should use your thread as a betting guide and whatever teams you pick to win they should bet against. :lol:

STEELERS - 30

browns - 6

Hope you bought some good alcohol and are ready for a long day as a browns fan. The browns are about to be handed a serious ass beating.

You towel waving pig ... shame on you.

They know that with priviledge comes responsibility. They know that character counts. But today ... they choose to ignore it ... and so blows that soul down the river.

So how do you conduct yourself ... how do you handle your private life? Do you find the most beautiful girl in the world and marry her, like Tom Brady? Or are you a happily married man who keeps his private life private like Peyton Manning? Or do you go the bachelor route, like Derek Jeter, and wine and dine the finest women at the nicest restaraunts?

Not if you don't have the class of those guys. Not if you are "Big Ben" Roethlisberger. Not if you are nothing but selfish, arrogant and self-centered. Not if you shit all over the repsonsibilty of that contract, that city, those fans ... No, you are a hunter. Not the kind that enjoys the challenge of tracking down live game in a man versus nature sort of way ... no you are more of a get drunk on a stocked preserve and fire away aimlessly type-of-guy.

And today, the city that Ben let down, the fathers of those kids with the posters, the husbands of those women with the pink jerseys ... they will welcome their hero back with waving towels and thunderous cheers. Because Pittsburgh, and the Steeler organization has decided that maybe character is over-rated. Maybe winning those fooball games is really all that matters in the end.

The Ravens are getting a lot of love nationally, but the Patriots are still my pick in the AFC. A lot has been made about Randy Moss being traded away, but I've learned not to bet against Belichick. He has a way of making a team stronger by subtraction. And I think Tom Brady can exploit this Raven secondary. Should be an entertaining contest ... but my money is on Brady and Belichick at home. PATRIOTS 30 RAVENS 27

The Browns have been in every game this year right through the fourth quarter, and this will be no exception. This game will come down to who can take over the line of scrimmage, who has the power running game and who can get to the other team's QB the most. Those answers used to always be easy ones: Pittsburgh. But not any more. The Browns have an offensive line that blow holes through the best defenses and protect their QBs even when no one is getting open. They have a power running game behind Peyton Hillis that can salt away a game. And they have a pass rush that will simply over-power the mediocre Steeler offensive line. This is the day the Browns win at Pittsburgh. And it couldn't happen at a better time to a nicer bunch of people. BROWNS 20 STEELERS 16

Zombo

Bonzo,

What a bunch of dribble. Using names like pig etc show that your grade level is about third grade. You show your narcissistic traits by every post you make. You think your posts are good, but your drible is pitiful

It is important that you find something to occupy your time because your posts are a complete waste of time. If I were to guess, I think your occupation would be either a janitor or parking lot attendant. So please go back to your hole and pull the cover over the top.

Bonzo,

What a bunch of dribble. Using names like pig etc show that your grade level is about third grade. You show your narcissistic traits by every post you make. You think your posts are good, but your drible is pitiful

It is important that you find something to occupy your time because your posts are a complete waste of time. If I were to guess, I think your occupation would be either a janitor or parking lot attendant. So please go back to your hole and pull the cover over the top.

Hey didn't we get rid of you from the Ravens message board last year?

Zombo watches The View.

Not sure what that means ... but Zombo had one of his greatest weekends ever.

Never before have I so correctly, and perfectly, nailed two games in one week.

1. Patriots win over Ravens by three.

2. Steeler organization forever sells its soul.

Perfect!!

Zombo

LOL. Zombo actually got one right. The Pats won. lol

The other prediction was just typical of how out of touch or how much of a homer you are. The only thing that surprised me in this game was Colt. He might actually have a future and he did much better than I thought he would. Mangina will now promptly trade him away or ruin him by overcoaching his style.

Archived