THE BROWNS BOARD

Biggest position of need for the Browns?

allnfldraft

I have never seen an NFL team so depleted at the WR position, how any of you can even mention another position is beyond me. We don't need 'a' WR, we need an entire WR fleet.

Sure, Wright needs replaced ... ummm, by Haden.

It's far and away our biggest need. DE is next. A lot of the rest is dependent on whether we resign Roth and/or DQJ and whether Brown moves to safety.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Am I the only one who believes that we trade away Eric Wright and draft Patrick Peterson?

That is if we land in the top 5.

A Peterson + Haden future is enticing.

wow.

You wanna draft center, corner, and corner in three consecutive drafts? Starting each year with a top 10 pick?

That'd be a pretty wild allocation of draft and cap resources. Then the next year we could draft a left guard.

You wanna draft center, corner, and corner in three consecutive drafts? Starting each year with a top 10 pick?

That'd be a pretty wild allocation of draft and cap resources. Then the next year we could draft a left guard.

Assuming there is a season next year- the Browns need at least on stud wr, and a monster pass rusher. You won't win consistently in the NFL having to resort to gimmicks and blitzes to get to the quarterback- the NY Giants are exhibit A of what your DL should be capable of.

I doubt DQ Jackson will be back, at the very least the Browns can't be counting on him to recover. Resigning Roth will be a priority.

Assuming there is a season next year- the Browns need at least on stud wr, and a monster pass rusher. You won't win consistently in the NFL having to resort to gimmicks and blitzes to get to the quarterback- the NY Giants are exhibit A of what your DL should be capable of.

I doubt DQ Jackson will be back, at the very least the Browns can't be counting on him to recover. Resigning Roth will be a priority.

Totally agree. You won't win in this league for long if you can't pass the ball at a high level... or get to the passer. Defense has caught up a lot this year, but the teams that win year after year in this league have a guy near the top of the QBR who stays with the team for a decade. And with the rule changes, the key to slowing down all the other top passing offenses is pressure, pressure, pressure.

I like Benard and Roth a lot, but we need someone else. Could be a DE, though.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, it's three weeks later, and lets reassess. Unless McCoy totally falls apart the last seven games, we aren't going QB anymore. (What you gonna do Shep? :rolleyes: )

I think the Browns are very capable of winning at least four, and possibly as many as six of their remaining games- that takes #1 priority AJ Green off the table.

I'm still rating the Browns needs as WR-DE-CB or SS, and LB.

Archived