THE BROWNS BOARD

Game Notes vs. Pittsburgh

TheClevelandSound

Did anyone see the pre-game interview between Pig Ben and Cowher? Pig Ben STILL says he didn't do anything wrong!!! Yea, he's learned his lesson alright! What a schmuck!

Were you there? Please, enlighten us as to what he did wrong?

I wouldn't expect you to be unbiased about the situation, but have you read the police report, read the full statement of the DA, watched the released tapes?

Or are you just being a hater and wanting Roethlisberger to be guilty.

Roethlisberger did not do "anything wrong" because he did not rape the girl as accused of. Evidence? A rape kit investigation showed no xxxxl tearing and lack of DNA evidence. Bottom line - there was no forced penetration.

Why was he suspended 4 games? I won't blame you for not being smart enough to understand anything beyond what you are told to believe, but it's very simple

The Steelers management could not enforce a penalty on Ben per the CBA, so they helped influence it with Goodell. They wanted him suspended. He had a bad pattern of behavior. There was no question he was being a jerk, not so much in Midgeville, but as a person, and for a long period of time. He was arrogant, a drama queen and a poor teammate. The accusations were made by girls that were not even in the VIP room, but were kicked out. Ben had them kicked out, probably because he was being a pompous ass and they were being bratty bitches (a reputation the girls have on that campus). There was definitely an axe to grind after the way he treated them.

I've met Ben, he was a jerk. He was on a bad path and when you are on a bad path, its not a matter of if - but when - it bites you unless you change.

Ben is a mega-celebrity.....as big as there is in the NFL, and his case brought on a lot of negative attention. If he was a back up, no one would have cared and there would not have been a large suspension. If you doubt that.....go use your search engine tool and look up Eric Foster (Colts) and Brandon Underwood (Packers) and tell me why their Sexual Assault charges did not get front page news or a suspension.

Granted, these are calm, basic, unbiased facts. Funny thing is, a small amount of research will provide all of that to you, but first you have to get over the fact that just because he was accused of something and you want it to be true (soley based on the fact he plays for the team that you hate the most, is one of the best in the game and makes them a legit contender for the Super Bowl) does not make it true.

Typical hypocritical Browns fans......

So, tell me, how do you get suspended by the NFL for "conduct unbecoming of a professional football player" if he, according to his own words, "did NOTHING wrong"?

I bet you believe OJ is innocent too, huh?

Just like I said to the other biased poster.....

You get suspended when the Rooney's want to penalize you (yet give you a 2nd chance), but cannot per the CBA. They help influence the commissioners decision.

Compare with Santonio Holmes, whom they could not suspend, but they did DEACTIVATE (meaning he still got a game check). It was a message to say, here is your 2nd chance, don't screw it up

OJ's case did not have overwhelming evidence to show him innocent - such as having a rape kit investigation done within 2 hours of the alleged incident, which showed no vagnal tearing and minimal DNA - which means there was no forced penetration and lack of DNA implies possibly no penetration at all.

OJ's case did not have girls saying that their friend was dragged down the hall and the bathroom door was locked when they were not in the room at the alleged time of the alleged dragging down the hall and the bathroom door had no lock

OJ's case did not have the girls stalking him all night long with eye witness accounts of the girl making out with him and making sexually suggestive comments and behavior all night long

The NFL got a seriously hard black eye from the events of what happened with Big Ben. And they made an example of him. If he were a back up, no one would have cared and it would have been no story. Only reason it was a story is that it was Big Ben.

Don't believe it.....use your fingers......go to Google, type in the search engine Eric Foster (Colts) and Brandon Underwood (Packers) and check out all the information on their sexual assault claims against them in the offseason. Why did they not get headlines?

Ben was not charged with a crime. Excuse me, but um.....Mr. bet you think OJ is innocent, but wasn't OJ "Charged"? Guess you missed the statement where the DA actually stated they didn't even have probable cause to arrest, much less convict.

Nice try......but no matter how much you hope for it to not be so, Ben was suspended for reasons you aren't bright enough to understand - and it was about correcting his massive ego problem and NFL image. I know you don't understand that, get what it means, but maybe, just maybe, one day you will.

Archived