THE BROWNS BOARD

Head-to-Head Hits & New Rule Discussion

ATENEARS

sorry to break your "we would've won if the steelers weren't cheating" theory, but this also happened earlier to a QB and said after he tucks the ball he is considered a RB and helmet to helmet hits don't apply.

this is what happens when you run the "wildfag" offense.

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

see, this is how i know all you pansies played golf or some shit in stainland. if you ever had played football you'd understand that with the speed of the game these hits are almost NEVER intended.

man up, quit playing shuttleboard, and learn what it means to play football.

Dr. James Harrison had this to say (per the PD):

"I thought Cribbs was asleep," said Harrison, the 2008 NFL Defensive Player of the Year. "A hit like that geeks you up -- it geeks everybody up -- especially when you find out that the guy is not really hurt -- he's just sleeping. He's knocked out, but he's going to be OK. The other guy, I didn't hit that hard, to be honest with you. When you get a guy on the ground, it's a perfect tackle."

FYI, a hit to the head resulting in unconsciousness is a Grade III (worst type) concussion using AAN and Colorado guidelines. Thanks a lot you ass. You're such a sportsman.

alright. anyone, and i do mean anyone, ever play even HS football?

did you ever have enough time to see a guy and actually have time to think "hey, i'm gonna hit this guy in the head"?

i'll answer that for you.................................NO.

the game is played at such a frantic speed, even at that level, that mostly you're just trying to get your hands on the guy.

so quit acting like this is something Harrison could have even planned. he was trying to play the game like it's supposed to be played......fast, aggressive, and

not for women.

i don't think anyone was implying that. you guys won. i'm not serving up any excuses. congats on the win. harrison is still a dick.

my appologies. honestly i've heard so many "Steelers pay the refs, Steelers take roids, the NFL wants to see the Steelers win" theories that this started sounding like another one.

Harrison deliberately took out Cribbs, who hurt them with the TD's last year, and who would have run a lot of

plays in the WildDawg to take the heat off McCoy.

Then he deliberately took out the Browns leading wr.

and not one flag was thrown in pittstinkburg.

Official(s) have to be on the take or something. The NFL needs to suspend at least one referree now.

Harrison is just another cheap shot artist.

I cannot believe NEITHER flag was thrown.

Harrison needs to be suspended. A fine does nothing.

WOW... You guys are out of Control. Thats just Good Hard Football. Seriously the Kind that Make an Offense think twice about things.

What a dirty player TJ is. He intentionally tried to injure that Bengal when he hit him helmet-to-helmet.

didn't see the hit, but again........i can remember only like 3 dirty helmet to helmet hits and all 3 occured on a QB when one person was already tying him up and another came in from the side and actually had THE TIME to see it and make sure their helmets collided.

other than that they are all unintentional.................the game is just played too fast for anything to be intentional.

I don't think anyone is arguing about hitting helmet to helmet. We're just pissed we get called for the penalty when twice you guys didn't.

and honestly, i don't think you guys shouldn't have been penalized. it sucks and you got the short end of the stick.

Harrison's hit on Massaquoi could have been flagged. The one on Cribbs would only be flagged if you thought he was leading with the crown. Cribbs was not a defenseless receiver. Massaquoi was.

the reason it wasn't is because harrison "initiated" contact with his shoulder and then immediately slid into his head. this is actually in the rulebook.

That's exactly what happened in the Ward hit (one flag and $15K ago).

yeah, and even after that no one could say for certain if he actually broke the letter of the rule.

it was just such a vicious hit i think they felt they had to do something.

LOOK MOM, NO HANDS!

BS ...he was Running through the Play ... Cribbs had ducked to Impact a Tackler and Harrison was going Down low to take him out . Unfortunate incident. And Anteater HARRISON Could get hurt as well if he runs around using his Helmet to tackle all the Time. You must have never played. Helmets hits happen to Every player several time a Game. Going back to Jr High I remember the Hit to the dome. Seriously man...

More "deep football discussion", I see.

I could be wrong, but helmet to helmet hits aren't generally called on running plays, otherwise there would be 50 penalties a game.

But hey - don't let me interfere with your "deep football discussion". I can't wait until your next nugget of sheer football brilliance.

Regards...

... an'at

(edit - ANTEATERS or someone replaced my original post with a pic of Cribbs getting carted off or something. Pretty lame IMO, but I guess frustration takes it's toll on the simple minded.)

Actually if the Player has ball and is Running... there is NO RULE of Helmet to Helmet Hit. It Happens all the Time. I remember mendenhall last yr Getting Jacked up like 2 plays in a Row vs. Baltimore.

BS ...he was Running through the Play ... Cribbs had ducked to Impact a Tackler and Harrison was going Down low to take him out . Unfortunate incident. And Anteater HARRISON Could get hurt as well if he runs around using his Helmet to tackle all the Time. You must have never played. Helmets hits happen to Every player several time a Game. Going back to Jr High I remember the Hit to the dome. Seriously man...

i KNOW none of these guys have played who are bitching about this hit. the one on their WR was close, but Harrison DID initiate contact with his shoulder and THEN slid up. not a penalty.

i KNOW none of these guys have played who are bitching about this hit. the one on their WR was close, but Harrison DID initiate contact with his shoulder and THEN slid up. not a penalty.

Yes...but even THAT Hit Mass... was hauling in the ball... do you let him Catch it and Blow by you ?? No your Taught from Pee Wee to Jack that Dude up as he is trying to Gain control.... SEPARATE THE BALL> How many have had a Coach Screaming that at you as a Kid ??

A spear is hitting with the tip top of your helmet. The only way that's possible is if the tackler's entire body is completely paralell to the ground. That's why it's called a spear, becuase your body is laid on and straight like a spear. Otherwise, the hit would be much closer to the facemask or forehead area....The name literally describes how the hit has to happen and you still get it wrong.....

exactly

Yes...but even THAT Hit Mass... was hauling in the ball... do you let him Catch it and Blow by you ?? No your Taught from Pee Wee to Jack that Dude up as he is trying to Gain control.... SEPARATE THE BALL> How many have had a Coach Screaming that at you as a Kid ??

Again...TJ Ward.

Expect a fine.

sorry to break your "we would've won if the steelers weren't cheating" theory, but this also happened earlier to a QB and said after he tucks the ball he is considered a RB and helmet to helmet hits don't apply.

this is what happens when you run the "wildfag" offense.

Exactly... The Best defense around PUNISH People. And the Browns would be smart to Follow suit. TJ Ward is exactly that kinda player.... A few more like Him... and Offenses will Fear operating on You guys too.

Also... Cribs WAY to Valuable to have him Doing these plays. Get him the Ball in Space. For ALL he did LAST Yr in Cleveland the Browns had 13 points THIRTEEN !!! If you D gives up 13 point you should win the game. Cribbs too good to Risk life and Limb in the WildDawg ...dumb gimmick offense. Play NFL Football.

Are you Steeler fems dumbshits or are you just trying to see how many posts you can rattle off? If it isn't obvious to you yet, Browns fans are mostly pointing out the fact that TJ Wrad seperated Shipley from the football on a pass into the end zone. He hammered Shipley with his shoulder. It happened in a bam-bam type of play and was Wards job to seperate the football from the receiver. Ward was flagged (half the distance to the goal, Firstdown for the Bengals) and was fined $15,000 for the hit. Harrison's hit on MoMass was no different, in fact Harrison had much more time to react on the play and elected to take a power-forearm rip directly toward MoMass' head ... on the heels of leading with his helmet and only his helmet on a QB (yes, a WildDawg QB).

Harrison should receive no less than $15,000, such as Ward did. Ward knocked one guy out and received an unsportsman like conduct penalty and fine. Harrison knocked two guys, no penalty, no fine (yet) and bragged and boasted about it to the press (even though one was an college teammate).

No one is asking to put a dress on anyone, just call the game and hits the same.

Are you Steeler fems dumbshits or are you just trying to see how many posts you can rattle off? If it isn't obvious to you yet, Browns fans are mostly pointing out the fact that TJ Wrad seperated Shipley from the football on a pass into the end zone. He hammered Shipley with his shoulder. It happened in a bam-bam type of play and was Wards job to seperate the football from the receiver. Ward was flagged (half the distance to the goal, Firstdown for the Bengals) and was fined $15,000 for the hit. Harrison's hit on MoMass was no different, in fact Harrison had much more time to react on the play and elected to take a power-forearm rip directly toward MoMass' head ... on the heels of leading with his helmet and only his helmet on a QB (yes, a WildDawg QB).

Harrison should receive no less than $15,000, such as Ward did. Ward knocked one guy out and received an unsportsman like conduct penalty and fine. Harrison knocked two guys, no penalty, no fine (yet) and bragged and boasted about it to the press (even though one was an college teammate).

No one is asking to put a dress on anyone, just call the game and hits the same.

EXTREME inconsistency on this in the NFL. However ... The Browns player HAD The Ball and were Running at the Time . Different rules apply ATenears.... OK MAYBE MoMass Didnt have total Possession but he was about to. Wards hit was almost Instantaneous to the ball arriving... its not quit Apples to Apples. Though personally I didnt have Issue with the Shipley Hit....its FOOTBALL. These guys know whats coming.

Again... Cribbs was literally a RB at the Time he was hit ...Unfortunate timing for him. And MoMass ... close... Maybe maybe you have a case there. I aint sure though.

Nonsense.

The Rooney's pay good money for favoritism from the refs.

What's the world coming to when you can't grease a couple of union guys?

Regards...

... an'at

Archived