THE BROWNS BOARD

Head-to-Head Hits & New Rule Discussion

ATENEARS

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You just don't get it do you? You guys are the Retards that we are not allowed to kick in real life because that would be wrong. It's fun to kick Retards who keep getting more Retarded with every post, especially when they constantly ask to be left alone to play in their own poop.

1. You are the Retard for moaning about others who are angry at the injustice received. Last i heard, fans of teams that win go and celebrate not come.

2. If u could fight us in real life we could bitch slap the shit out of you.

3. So u admit that u only come here to talk trash and not to talk sensible football - ie u admit to being a troll and get offended when people call u one.

4. 'poop' ? really ? and we are the Retard ?

with the ball carrier rule, as i've said twice now, the bottom line is the rule is that incidental helmet to helmet is fine because he's not defenseless, you're absolutely right. HOWEVER, as was pointed out, if the ref determines the helmet was used to ram spear etc the opponent intentionally, it's a penalty no matter the situation. Harrison's was incidental and shouldn't of been a penalty, i'm right there with you. What i've said all along is that when cribbs stayed down, I'm just surprised in general a late flag didn't come in. Not because of anything other than I've seen that happen several times in the NFL this year.

Gipper wrote:

Cribbs was a ballcarrier, not a defenseless receiver. Harrison was coming across the field and earholed him.

Yes, that is true, though I was not aware that if you are considered a running back that it makes any difference. Are you saying under the rules it does?

Then riddle me this: If a wide receiver has caught a ball, and is running with it down the field and gets 5-10 yard and then is "earholed" by helmet to helmet contact, is that also legal because he was not in the process of catching the ball?

Is the act of catching the ball the significant criteria?

And what if it is a QB scrambling? Josh Cribbs WAS playing QB on that play, though he was running it in the Wilddawg formation. Would it have made a difference if it was Colt McCoy or Ben AngrySheepDog running it on a designed rollout?

Would an "earholing" of them been legitimate under the same circumstances?

That was just a hard football play. Hillis and Mangini both said it was a clean hit. So did Lawrence Vickers, who said to Harrison "Hey, man, that’s football, that happens."

As far as TJ Ward, his hit was borderline. (the Shipley hit) By rule Ward's hit on Mendenhall isn't a penalty because like Cribbs he was a ballcarrier. Ward put the crown of his helmet straight into Mendenhall's facemask instead of trying to tackle him. I don't expect a fine or flag for that, but sure it is borderline dirty, borderline hard hit.

Ward's hit on Shipley, he seemed to intentionally rise up to hit him in the head with a shoulder where he could have kept his pad level and blasted him in the chest. That is the only problem I have there. I think a penalty was warranted, not a fine.

By that then I think Harrison's hit on MoMass was pretty much the same. He had to "Rise Up" to hit MoMass in the head.

Uh, excuse me, but on that play Cribbs was playing Quarterback, not Running back.

Besides, perhaps I am confused by this rule....why does it make a damn bit of difference if you are a RB, QB, WR, TE or a defender returning an interception. Aren't the helmet to helmet hits illegal on everyone

?

no he was playing single wing Tail back.............not Quarterback.....single wing Tailback is modern day running back....(er for all those who think football was invented yesterday, the Tailback in the Single Wing is the WildDawg back now renamed)....you are wrong on this one

furthermore, all the ball carriet has to do is lower his helmet to get a personal foul in the case you presented............

just lower and spear the defender and you get an additional fifteen......I hope someone has thought beyond this.......but in the NFL maybe that is too hard category

That's my point, donger......they dont like each other.

Holy sh*t SuperSteelers, my wife's entire family is from New Lex. I just noticed your hometown in your posts.

More than likely they know you or your family.

What happened to you? That is serious Browns country...

I'm the opposite. My dad worked for Wheeling-Pittsburgh Steel for 30 years. Yep, cases of Iron Shitty in the fridge with Steelers all over it. Our HS football team used to go to Steeler camp for a visit each year.

Didn't work on me though! Go Browns!

Maybe he took a page out of habitual ball grabber, Shawn Smith's playbook.

PITTSBURGH (AP)—Steelers linebacker James Harrison(notes) states his objective matter-of-factly: He’s out to hurt any opposing player who roams into his vicinity.

If he sees players down on the turf—as he did Sunday when he sidelined Browns wide receivers Joshua Cribbs(notes) and Mohamed Massaquoi(notes) with punishing hits only minutes apart during the second quarter—he feels as if he’s done his job.

Harrison said he doesn’t want to put any player out of a game or jeopardize his career. The former AP Defensive Player of the Year also realizes it can be difficult to draw a line between merely hurting a player and badly injuring him as plays take place at full speed and hits are delivered with little time to consider the consequences.

PITTSBURGH (AP)—Steelers linebacker James Harrison(notes) states his objective matter-of-factly: He's out to hurt any opposing player who roams into his vicinity.

If he sees players down on the turf—as he did Sunday when he sidelined Browns wide receivers Joshua Cribbs(notes) and Mohamed Massaquoi(notes) with punishing hits only minutes apart during the second quarter—he feels as if he's done his job.

Harrison said he doesn't want to put any player out of a game or jeopardize his career. The former AP Defensive Player of the Year also realizes it can be difficult to draw a line between merely hurting a player and badly injuring him as plays take place at full speed and hits are delivered with little time to consider the consequences.

[/quote

Whining is so disgusting.........NICE WHINING POST.....if we had Harrison which we could have sans sewage.............you would be praising his intimidation.......meanwhile his hits are were not against upright people rather against head down ball toters..........sumtimes whining is stupid this time it is

One of the few that plays the game the way it was intended.....Turkey Joness would be ashamed of all this crying

I won't bitch about the Cribbs hit because I figure the league will decide whether it was legal. I can see the debatability of that play. The Massaquoi hit was the definition of illegal. That said, I think many players go all out and make plays. They may fall on the illegal side of things without that necessarily being out of the intent to be outside the bounds of legal play.

James Harrison's comments suggest, however, that he is on the illegal side of that coin and wants to be there. In an age where the league is trying to protect players (including Harrison) it's particularly insensitive to beat your chest in the media with gorilla-like bravado. What's worse is that in his puny mind, he thinks that since Cribbs was unconscious ('asleep' in his words) that the hit was somehow "ok" or less severe.

Helloooo, MCFLY!!! When you lose consciousness after head trauma....it's not a good thing! Dr. Harrison! That's a Grade III concussion per the Colorado Guidelines and the AAN Guidelines (That's the worst kind). Josh Cribbs didn't decide to take a nap on the field and it's not alright.

on espn's 'Around The Horn' they suggested players commiting these flagrant type of hits (even if not penalized) should be ejected from the game and automatically suspended from 2-4 games. they also called harrison a headhunter and that the league is looking for a way to weed out such miscreants while weighing the violence of the game vs. player safety.

SEE YA HARRISON, YOU BIG FLIPPIN' GOON!!!!

BTW: turkey jones would have suspended a year and fined out the ying yang if he did such a thing in today's nfl. and there would be no argument with that here.

PITTSBURGH (AP)—Steelers linebacker James Harrison(notes) states his objective matter-of-factly: He's out to hurt any opposing player who roams into his vicinity.

If he sees players down on the turf—as he did Sunday when he sidelined Browns wide receivers Joshua Cribbs(notes) and Mohamed Massaquoi(notes) with punishing hits only minutes apart during the second quarter—he feels as if he's done his job.

Harrison said he doesn't want to put any player out of a game or jeopardize his career. The former AP Defensive Player of the Year also realizes it can be difficult to draw a line between merely hurting a player and badly injuring him as plays take place at full speed and hits are delivered with little time to consider the consequences.

We own the DAWG POUND.......punish on D.....and now we get this pussy posts about others are hitting too hard..........do we want a dawg pound or pussy pound........you cannot have it both ways.........lets take the pick

me I am for Offense wins Championships and silencing dawg pound pussies

IAM PRETTY SICK OF THE DAWG POUNDS OF DEFENSE PISSING THEIR PANTS THAT THE STEELERS HIT US TOO HARD

I won't bitch about the Cribbs hit because I figure the league will decide whether it was legal. I can see the debatability of that play. The Massaquoi hit was the definition of illegal. That said, I think many players go all out and make plays. They may fall on the illegal side of things without that necessarily being out of the intent to be outside the bounds of legal play.

James Harrison's comments suggest, however, that he is on the illegal side of that coin and wants to be there. In an age where the league is trying to protect players (including Harrison) it's particularly insensitive to beat your chest in the media with gorilla-like bravado. What's worse is that in his puny mind, he thinks that since Cribbs was unconscious ('asleep' in his words) that the hit was somehow "ok" or less severe.

Helloooo, MCFLY!!! When you lose consciousness after head trauma....it's not a good thing! Dr. Harrison! That's a Grade III concussion per the Colorado Guidelines and the AAN Guidelines (That's the worst kind). Josh Cribbs didn't decide to take a nap on the field and it's not alright.

Harrison shouldn't say he wants to hurt ppl, especially in the media. I agree there. And the Massa hit was an unintentional head to head, however it was head to head and he should be fined because of the rule and only because of the rule. I dont think it was a cheap shot, just a ferocious hit by an all out player. These two teams are rivals and thats how rivals treat each other. I for one, wouldnt want it any other way, from either side.

on espn's 'Around The Horn' they suggested players commiting these flagrant type of hits (even if not penalized) should be ejected from the game and automatically suspended from 2-4 games. they also called harrison a headhunter and that the league is looking for a way to weed out such miscreants while weighing the violence of the game vs. player safety.

SEE YA HARRISON, YOU BIG FLIPPIN' GOON!!!!

BTW: turkey jones would have suspended a year and fined out the ying yang if he did such a thing in today's nfl. and there would be no argument with that here.

Harrison isnt going anywhere.....Around the horn is a bunch of bleeding hearts that should be made to wear dresses on that show. Turkey Jones should have gotten what he got, a 3000.00 fine and a 15 yd penalty, in todays NFL and yesterdays.

This game is going to suck in a few years if ppl keep crying.......its really going to suck. Might as well put flags on their hips.....

YOU ALSO ROOT FOR THE STEELERS SO YOUR OPINION SHOULDN'T AND DOESN'T COUNT ON A BROWNS BOARD.

This is my honest thought out opinion of your post.........xxxx YOU

i'm not saying the game needs to change. they need to make sure no one gets killed/paralyzed or seriously injured. in every generation there have been goons that played the game, guys that were dirty players. well harrison just happens to be one of them and he plays for the steelers.

First off, quit using my damn line from Back to the Future. I got copyrights on that line on this board :P

And also, in this league, what goes around, comes around. Maybe, just maybe someone will take it upon themselves to pull a Hines Ward and give him a blind side coldcock that will give him a little involuntary nap someday.

Yep, what goes around comes around, you play hard you hit hard and you win hard, on the other hand you whine hard you whine more and lose more

Stopt the whining and start the hitting

Yep, what goes around comes around, you play hard you hit hard and you win hard, on the other hand you whine hard you whine more and lose more

Stopt the whining and start the hitting

Yes, let the legal hitting begin, I love tj wards presence, and willingness to hit people, but not in the head. Though he did hit Shipley, which I agree was a fine worthy hit, he did not go straight for shipley's head while he was already being tackled. The hit Harrison put on cribbs was strictly aimed at his head, technichaly the hit is legal but only an asshole purposely aims to paralyze a person by hitting them in the head. The massaquoi hit was once again aimed at his head even though he led with his shoulder, why couldn't he hit him in the pads? Harrison is a presence but an asshole nonetheless, go join a steelers board if you support them, like you seem to do. We already have enough unintelligence floating around this board

People on around the horn are crying about it because it gets people to tune in, the mass media is usually about being as dramatic as possible all the time because it's what garners the most attention. Frame by frame the mo-mass hit. You will see that it's Harrison's shoulder that makes initial contact with Mo-mass and knocks his helmet back, not his helmet. The Cribbs hit on the other hand is a part of football, both hits are for that matter. Issac Newton would certainly have a problem with all this bs if he were still alive. It's getting ridiculous. Also let's not kid ourselves for a minute. If it were Browns player inflicting the damage the stories here would be completely different. Don't get it twisted girls.

Quick someone make a motion to change the league from the NFL to the National Flag Football League.

Bunch of gutless cry babies.

It's a full contact sport that gets it's viewership because of it's violence. Eliminate that and less people tune in to watch and you change the course of the game as we know it. Best part in it all is Peter King has Rodney Harrison has a "expert" on the issue. I just about died laughing the first time I read his most recent article. It's a damn joke.

Frame by frame it from a appropriate angle. Harrison's Shoulder is what drills Mo-mass initially.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaahmbulance! Wooooo Woooooo

Rodney Harrison a notorious head hunter and formerly voted "Dirtiest player in the NFL" has a lot of room to comment on the issue. Harrison will not be suspended and I can't believe people are calling for it. I guess everyone wants a bitch ass football league to watch every Sunday. It's bad enough with the Retarded QB contact flags, let's eliminate hard tackles too. Pretty soon we will have flags. The only reason any of you simpletons are crying is because two Browns went down this Sunday.

Archived