THE BROWNS BOARD

Does Heckert Make a Trade?

Earl34

Taking a look at this team, do you think that Heckert could deal a player to improve this team? Who has value?

as someone said in another thread, we're probably done for the year. In season trades aren't too common in the NFl, even though we have been involved in one two years in a row. (3 out of 4 counting Chuck Fry)

To me, our biggest area of need is at WR. If we could get a decent young vet, I would trade Shaun Rogers. He has trade value & is (imho) expendable due to the emergence of Rubin & the addition of Robinson.

Mike

I no longer see where Rogers has value. He has done nothing this year (except 2 false starts) to show he is worth anything. I did not even here his name called today. I think he's done. He has not recovered from his injuries from last year.. so.. I hate to say it.. he has no value.. He's worth more to us as a backup.

Rogers is one, and I would look to move Cribbs.

I know that isn't popular, but my feeling is his value is as high as it's going to get and his production is going to start dropping for the remainder of this year and the remainder of his career.

I know that isn't popular, but my feeling is his value is as high as it's going to get and his production is going to start dropping for the remainder of this year and the remainder of his career.

I know in terms of building a football team, it may be smart to move him. But I think it would be political suicide if they trade him. And I understand that the coaches/GM should not give much factoring to fan input, but this would be a PR nightmare IMO.

As much as I hate to do this... I agree with you on Cribbs. I love what he has done for this team in terms of special teams but he is starting to look like another Devin Hester. A talented return guy who won't be anything more than that.

Yes but you can use this both ways. He hasn't shown us why he can't come in here and compete. Why talk about drafting another QB already? Lets wait and see how things turn out.

Yes,but you still need more than one QB.Jake and Wallace have got to go at end of season.

Wallace stays. Delhommes career is over. We draft a QB in the 6th round. What most teams do is have their franchise QB, a veteran QB, and a late round QB to round up their depth chart.

I agree Luck would be the franchise QB,Wallace the veteran QB,and McCoy the late round QB !

Archived