THE BROWNS BOARD

Trade Rumors: Shaun Rogers Could Be Traded By Oct. 19 Deadline

Mr. T

Rogers has been injured this season, and his playing time has been severely limited. He is no longer a starter on the line.

One interesting trade scenario the Browns should explore is talking with the Buffalo Bills about Cleveland native and wide receiver Lee Evans.

The Browns are hurting at receiver, and bringing in Evans could help in more ways than one.

First, he brings a veteran presence to the team, which will help the younger receivers further develop since it appears both second-year players Brian Robiskie and Mohammed Massaquoi have regressed.

Also, Evans brings some depth to a position that may not have Cribbs and Massaquoi for several weeks due to possible concussions.

Would the Browns and Bills be able to work a straight-up, player-for-player deal?

Source

If Rogers has any say in it there is no way he accepts a deal to go to Buffalo!

This shit pisses me off, the fact that we finally go after great players like Evans after skipping them when they come available in their first initial free agency availability, but then snag them and remove the walking cane during their exit year(s).

I loved Lee Evans career, but I can't get excited about this trade.

Nobody is going to trade for that fat slug now that he is injured and cant even get on the field, especially with his gun toting bad character ways. How do you sleep at night with this criminal on the loose Stain? Cleveland is the poster child for everything that is wrong in professional sports in America. May God have mercy on your soul!

Nobody is going to trade for that fat slug now that he is injured and cant even get on the field, especially with his gun toting bad character ways. How do you sleep at night with this criminal on the loose Stain? Cleveland is the poster child for everything that is wrong in professional sports in America. May God have mercy on your soul!

The gun trotting soldier is the man who keeps the Steeler criminals from entering Cleveland. we can sleep peacefully at night knowing that people like Silverback are not going to rob our houses cos Big Baby is watching over us.

I was hoping we would trade him for a team Chaplain, or donate the savings on his salary to battered women.

... World peace!

Quinn, Rogers, Harrison, and Jackson were my trade wishes in the offseason. I would be more than happy to see Rogers go. He is really good but it's a 3-4 and Rubin has played very well. Rogers has more value to us on the trade market than on the field. And if it means Lee Evans well then, hell yeah!!!!!!!!!!

This stuff really pisses me off. Is there another team in the NFL who manages to devalue their assets more effectively than the Browns? We turned Quinn/Anderson into peanuts rather than trading one or both of them while they still had perceived value around the league. We had a running back run for 561 yards to end last season and just traded him for a journeyman running back. Now we probably trade Rogers for a used jock and a bag of used footballs??? If we were getting draft picks it would be easier to stomach.

This stuff really pisses me off. Is there another team in the NFL who manages to devalue their assets more effectively than the Browns? We turned Quinn/Anderson into peanuts rather than trading one or both of them while they still had perceived value around the league. We had a running back run for 561 yards to end last season and just traded him for a journeyman running back. Now we probably trade Rogers for a used jock and a bag of used footballs??? If we were getting draft picks it would be easier to stomach.

We got pretty good value for Quinn (Hillis). We put DA for trade but there were no takers and hence had to cut him. We put Jerrome for trade last season but again there were no takers and this trade was a pretty good deal. we got somebody for somebody. We need to wait till Rogers gets healthy and put him up there to play a few games so that other teams can get a view of what a healthy Rogers can do and then we can talk trade when the season is over.

Good point on Hillis, but I don't think anybody expected him to be this good, but it's not like we traded Quinn for a proven commodity. DA was made available for trade after he had no real value.

Was it ever confirmed that we tried to trade Harrison during the last off season? We have to trade Rogers by tomorrow or he remains a Brown the rest of the season.

We got pretty good value for Quinn (Hillis). We put DA for trade but there were no takers and hence had to cut him. We put Jerrome for trade last season but again there were no takers and this trade was a pretty good deal. we got somebody for somebody. We need to wait till Rogers gets healthy and put him up there to play a few games so that other teams can get a view of what a healthy Rogers can do and then we can talk trade when the season is over.

We had a running back run for 561 yards to end last season and just traded him for a journeyman running back.

Harrison was shit. He rushed for 561 yards against some of the worst defenses in the league at the end of the season, when none of our opponents were in the playoff hunt. Harrison didn't do shit before that, and he didn't do shit after that. He's shit.

Mike Bell is a power back to complement our power back. We pound it with Hillis, pound it with Hillis, pound it with Hillis. Then when Hillis is tired, we pound it with Bell. It's going to wear the defense out. None of this shifty, speedy back bullshit. It's Cleveland. We need to go back to our roots. Line up and run the ball up the defender's assholes. Pound their dicks into the dirt. [insert another played out coach's inspirational dirty quote here].

The saying is true, you can't teach speed. But you can make yourself faster. What you can't teach is that "I'm going to kick you in the mouth, then get up and do it all over again" mentality. Hillis has it. Bell might have it, I don't know. But Harrison didn't have it. He tried to run around guys more often than not. That's all well and good if the cutback lane opens up, but it's a crapshoot whether it will or not.

James Davis is plenty fast when we need the change of pace. He just needs to stay healthy. The Harrison trade was a good trade. It would have been better if we could have nabbed a receiver who can stretch the field, but I'll take the bruising, backup RB.

Oh, and Harrison was shit.

The gun trotting soldier is the man who keeps the Steeler criminals from entering Cleveland. we can sleep peacefully at night knowing that people like Silverback are not going to rob our houses cos Big Baby is watching over us.

That's right, he keeps us safe from rapists, wife beaters and other nefarious form of steelerish type behavior.

Rodgers is a lazy ass. I'm not saying this to be racist cause most sports players are black. How many lazy black men do you here about in sports? Heynsorth, albert belle ect.. When there is a white guy all they do is comment how how much the hustle....

Given your screenname I bet you wish the South had won the Civil War?

By the way, just what is wrong with Rogers? Why isn't he playing? To me he has more value playing for the Browns, doing what he is supposed to do than he does in any possible trade value.

Shish! Gips, Mangini is making other teams prepare for TWO nose tackles. That'll add another 2 minutes to their work.

Seriously though, the need to keep all injuries secret must be some sort of paranoid holdover from the days with Bellichick.

I find it funny justifying we got a good deal for Quinn......we gave up a first and second for him..............AND I HATED IT AND GOT CRUCIFIED FOR HATING IT................and now we got a two year journeyman and this years wonder for a first and second round pick..................Think folks think

Hillis is a temporary solution..........at best...........we gave a one and two pick for him

I'd take Lee Evans for Rodgers.

I don't believe it's giving up a lot for a solid weapon for Colt (if he's left in). Add in AJ Green/Julio Jones and we have a much better receiving corp.

Maybe Buffolo could throw in a late pick, or a DB.

I find it funny justifying we got a good deal for Quinn......we gave up a first and second for him..............AND I HATED IT AND GOT CRUCIFIED FOR HATING IT................and now we got a two year journeyman and this years wonder for a first and second round pick..................Think folks think

Hillis is a temporary solution..........at best...........we gave a one and two pick for him

I understand what you are thinking, but you can't hold it to that standard Rich.

Each trade is in and of itself.

Once Quinn arrived, the picks were gone. Done deal.

We got Hillis and a pick for Quinn....good deal any way you cut it.....and I think Hillis is more than a 1-2 year fill in.

Good point on Hillis, but I don't think anybody expected him to be this good, but it's not like we traded Quinn for a proven commodity. DA was made available for trade after he had no real value.

Was it ever confirmed that we tried to trade Harrison during the last off season? We have to trade Rogers by tomorrow or he remains a Brown the rest of the season.

I think Mangini had some idea about the worth of Hillis. When Mangini was coaching the Jets (2008), his team was third in rushing defense and no one had rushed for 100 yards against them. Denver came to town with Hillis as their starting rb and he went for more than 120 yards against NYJ -- most of it between the tackles. Mangini has said that he rememberred Hillis from that experience and when he was made available in the trade, Mangini wanted him. Since McDaniels (Denver HC) was letting Hillis sit, he was more than happy to let Hillis go in the trade.

So as I surmised for two years running.............Shaun Rogers was worth a third two years ago and fifth one year ago..........and NOW NOTHING

cut the bum..............move on

Archived