THE BROWNS BOARD

cbs reporting could be mangina's last week

WRREBEL

How so? Edwards, Holmes, LT, Greene, Scott, Leonhard, Cromartie weren't there. He gave them a damn good CB in Revis and a couple of good lineman. He also drafted Kellen Clemens who is terrible. Gholston too

OFFENSE

• Drafted under Mangini: Left tackle D’Brickashaw Ferguson, Round 1, 2006; center Nick Mangold, Round 1, 2006.

• Acquired under Mangini: Left guard Alan Faneca, free agent, 2008; right tackle Damien Woody, free agent, 2008; running back Thomas Jones, trade with Bears, 2007; fullback Tony Richardson, free agent, 2008

• There before Mangini: Wide receiver Jerricho Cotchery, drafted in 2004; right guard Brandon Moore, undrafted free agent in 2003

DEFENSE

• Drafted under Mangini: CB Darrelle Revis, Round 1, 2007.

• Acquired under Mangini: Linebacker Calvin Pace, undrafted free agent in 2008 ; linebacker David Harris, undrafted free agent in 2007.

• There before Mangini: Linebacker Bryan Thomas, Round 1 pick in 2002; nose tackle Sione Pouha, Round 3 draft pick in 2005; safety Kerry Rhodes, Round 4 draft pick in 2005.

Quick edit

Davis harris Pro-Bowl was NOT a UFA. He was drafted (#47) By Mangini out of Nichigan

2L.Washington Pro-Bowl. He was drafted (#117) by Mangini in '6.

3)D Lowery,The biggest Ballhawk on the team. He was drafted (114) by Mangini.

How about THIRTY (30) players ALL SIGNED or DRAFTED during Manginis Three year LEADERSHIP?

Including B. Smith. You know, the B. Smith that broke The Bengals back with those TWO play off WildDawg runs?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There are plenty of options .

Who? Stop avoiding the question. Name someone. You want to make a change? Then man up and take responsibility for the idiotic coach you would replace Mangini with.

Teams have coaches. If you want to fire someone, you clearly have someone else in mind for the job. If you don't, then your proposal is worthless. The essence of the firing of one coach is the naming of the replacement.. without the replacement, you don't consider firing the first coach at all.

Do you think Mangini is the best option for this team?

Doesn't matter. Consistency is better than churning coaches with no goal. Unless there is a measurably better option available, picking something and sticking to it is better than whimsically looking for the next big thing. If there is nobody better -- if there was, you would have named him long ago - then why do you want to fire the coach?

News flash: You do not need to always be perceived as "doing something." If there is nobody better, then sit on your hands.

And to your specific question, I think Holmgren is the best thing to happen to the Browns since the trucks left for Baltimore. The coach he names is the coach I will support.

They couldn't build on last years finish

I could not disagree with you more.

Your expectations are nonsense.

Who? Stop avoiding the question. Name someone. You want to make a change? Then man up and take responsibility for the idiotic coach you would replace Mangini with.

Teams have coaches. If you want to fire someone, you clearly have someone else in mind for the job. If you don't, then your proposal is worthless. The essence of the firing of one coach is the naming of the replacement.. without the replacement, you don't consider firing the first coach at all.

Doesn't matter. Consistency is better than churning coaches with no goal. Unless there is a measurably better option available, picking something and sticking to it is better than whimsically looking for the next big thing. If there is nobody better -- if there was, you would have named him long ago - then why do you want to fire the coach?

News flash: You do not need to always be perceived as "doing something." If there is nobody better, then sit on your hands.

And to your specific question, I think Holmgren is the best thing to happen to the Browns since the trucks left for Baltimore. The coach he names is the coach I will support.

I could not disagree with you more.

Your expectations are nonsense.

Calm down tough guy.

1st off all I didn't say fire the coach. I don't like revolving coaches either. I just don't think he's a good coach. I think Holmgren is great! Best guy the Browns have had upstairs for a long long time.

You want a name so bad. How about Mike Shanahan son Kyle. There a name.

OFFENSE

• Drafted under Mangini: Left tackle D’Brickashaw Ferguson, Round 1, 2006; center Nick Mangold, Round 1, 2006.

• Acquired under Mangini: Left guard Alan Faneca, free agent, 2008; right tackle Damien Woody, free agent, 2008; running back Thomas Jones, trade with Bears, 2007; fullback Tony Richardson, free agent, 2008

• There before Mangini: Wide receiver Jerricho Cotchery, drafted in 2004; right guard Brandon Moore, undrafted free agent in 2003

DEFENSE

• Drafted under Mangini: CB Darrelle Revis, Round 1, 2007.

• Acquired under Mangini: Linebacker Calvin Pace, undrafted free agent in 2008 ; linebacker David Harris, undrafted free agent in 2007.

• There before Mangini: Linebacker Bryan Thomas, Round 1 pick in 2002; nose tackle Sione Pouha, Round 3 draft pick in 2005; safety Kerry Rhodes, Round 4 draft pick in 2005.

Quick edit

Davis harris Pro-Bowl was NOT a UFA. He was drafted (#47) By Mangini out of Nichigan

2L.Washington Pro-Bowl. He was drafted (#117) by Mangini in '6.

3)D Lowery,The biggest Ballhawk on the team. He was drafted (114) by Mangini.

How about THIRTY (30) players ALL SIGNED or DRAFTED during Manginis Three year LEADERSHIP?

Including B. Smith. You know, the B. Smith that broke The Bengals back with those TWO play off WildDawg runs?

You forgot getting Kris Jenkins to agree to a trade from Carolina.

Eric Mangini had two of three winning seasons in NY and the second one (2008) was the one that got him fired because they needed a scapegoat and Woody Johnson needed to sell PSLs to his new stadium. When he was 8-3 and had just beaten both NE and an undefeated Tennessee on the road they were talking extension. Then came Hurricane Brett.

Next time you think he can't coach, realize that he's beaten some of the best coaches out there and the last time he beat Brady and Belichick...he baited Belichick and so badly outcoached him it wasn't even funny.

To quote Pat Kirwan before last season "Eric Mangini has great football thoughts. He just needs players good enough to execute those thoughts.". How many of the 25 guys Eric Mangini cut in camp last year are still on active rosters in the league? I'll give you a hint: 0. THAT is how bad the team he inherited was.

We cannot continue to keep changing coaches, and rebuilding! By continuing to do so we are only making a mockery of ourselves and a great tradition, and therefore giving Steelers fans more ammo to use against us. Unless we can somehow get Bill Cowher, or Marty Schottenheimer, which I doubt would happen. Other than that, then I don't even think I would like to entertain a notion of blowing it up yet again, and getting another coach! I most certainly don't want another "coordinator in training" either!

Just out of curiosity, where in the New York area do you live or grew up in? And being from NY how did you become a Browns fan?

I grew up in albany and spent sometime in syracuse. Also lived in new jersey for a bit I am a huge huricane fan and loved bernie kosar and met michael dean perry.

What makes anyone think Cower is a better or smarter HC than Mangini.

Yes he has had more success...BUT...that is because he has had more years and with a better organization

Stability, Stability, Stability is what makes a franchise great

Leadership is what makes players want to play for them

Switching coaches every 3 years is why The Browns have been a disaster since the 1999 return.

Leave Mangini alone

Matt Millen wasn't a coach.

Also, how do you make the argument that any other coach would be 3-3? Do you just ignore the possibility that the reason the Browns were even in a position to win games is because of good coaching? John Fox is about the only coach that might be available that is a better option than Mangini.

I never said matt was a coach, he was a terrible gm. Listen you homo mangina lovers go blow him. When all is said and done he will be gone. Some of you will start a dumb post, mangini has the last laugh...

Please tell me what he has done? Please tell me why any expert knows he coulnt coach a pee wee team.

I'm done talking, ur blind...

I do wish u all the best, its nothing personal for me. I just see a guy who lacks what it takes to be coach. I just know he will be gone after ths year so all of this is pointless.

I bet teams will be knocking down his door to hire him.

Honest question, iwould any other team hire mangina as a coach?

Sports illustrated ranked mangini the worst hire in 25 years last year...

Wow, now there something to hang. There hat on. Oh but at least he has proven them wrong.

So what happens when Mangini isnt fired and this football team starts winning a lot of games? Are you going to eat a few helpings of crow, or are you going to disappear for a while and then reappear and act like you were a fan of mangini's all the time? My guess would be the second option.

Sports illustrated ranked mangini the worst hire in 25 years last year...

Wow, now there something to hang. There hat on. Oh but at least he has proven them wrong.

Yeah, I'm sure Mike Holmgren took the SI article into account when he decided to retain Mangini. The easy way out would have been to fire him on the spot.

Shit, don't even get me started about the Yankees. You really ought to start rooting for the Cowboys or Steelers. You got a communicating neuron or two? The Yankees are one of the reasons- and Steinbrenner by extension another are the reason MLB is second fiddle to the NFL, and if they're not careful, the NBA. You can't buy a pennant every year, but you sure as hell can buy yourself a winning team, and the rest of America is sick of it. With competitive balance, a hard cap, and revenue sharing Sabathia and Lee would still be on the Indians, and A-Roid would still be in Texas (who happened to beat the Yanks without him). Yeah I'm done with baseball until they figure out a way to level the playing field- so the Yankees win every year because they can outspend everyone else, and buy up the top talent whoop-te-doo.

If your only criteria of canning a coach is wins-losses as I said earlier Wade Phillips should have been fired yesterday, if not last year. The Chargers, and Vikes are under performing too- so I suppose Childress and Norv Turner (now there's a reject for ya)- need to hit the road while we're at it.

If your only criteria of canning a coach is wins-losses as I said earlier Wade Phillips should have been fired yesterday, if not last year. The Chargers, and Vikes are under performing too- so I suppose Childress and Norv Turner (now there's a reject for ya)- need to hit the road while we're at it.

Actually, Childress may be the worst coach in the NFL and Phillips isn't much better.

Dude, the difference between me and the rest of you is I'm use to winning. I'm a yankee fan and was calling for torres head in 2004. I have nothing personal against mangini but what has be proven? He will be fired so get your box of tissues out.

Do you understand the only reaso he wasn't fired last year is cause holgrem thinks a coach deserves more than a year. If you can't see he is going to get fired then don't comment again until it happens.

I would like a told ya so...

Everyone says that removing a coach is starting over, did you know that the changes og coaches actually averages 2 or more wins the first year

How about dem Yankees? Go Rangers! :lol:

Yeah, I'm sure Mike Holmgren took the SI article into account when he decided to retain Mangini. The easy way out would have been to fire him on the spot.

Shit, don't even get me started about the Yankees. You really ought to start rooting for the Cowboys or Steelers. You got a communicating neuron or two? The Yankees are one of the reasons- and Steinbrenner by extension another are the reason MLB is second fiddle to the NFL, and if they're not careful, the NBA. You can't buy a pennant every year, but you sure as hell can buy yourself a winning team, and the rest of America is sick of it. With competitive balance, a hard cap, and revenue sharing Sabathia and Lee would still be on the Indians, and A-Roid would still be in Texas (who happened to beat the Yanks without him). Yeah I'm done with baseball until they figure out a way to level the playing field- so the Yankees win every year because they can outspend everyone else, and buy up the top talent whoop-te-doo.

You're right. The time to get rid of Mangini was the end of last season. Holmgren must have seen the right things when he took a close look at the internal workings of the team. I'm also pretty sure that Holmgren would not sit silently if he thought Mangini could use some guidance. I like the way they're quietly doing their jobs.

BTW, I was elated when the Rangers knocked off the Yankees last night. :)

You're right. The time to get rid of Mangini was the end of last season. Holmgren must have seen the right things when he took a close look at the internal workings of the team. I'm also pretty sure that Holmgren would not sit silently if he thought Mangini could use some guidance. I like the way they're quietly doing their jobs.

BTW, I was elated when the Rangers knocked off the Yankees last night. :)

[/quote

I cried for like two hours when the yanks lost. I don't agree with there spending but jeter is all class and my hero. Gayrod can go look at himself in the mirror more.

If mangini does turn the browns around I will eat lots of crow. I can admitt when I'm wrong but, he will be fired and I don't think he is the answer. I'm praying that he is.. I don't dislike the guy, its not his fault he is a ri tard..

For the guy who wanted the si article just google mangini worst coach

If mangini does turn the browns around I will eat lots of crow. I can admitt when I'm wrong but, he will be fired and I don't think he is the answer. I'm praying that he is.. I don't dislike the guy, its not his fault he is a ri tard..

For the guy who wanted the si article just google mangini worst coach

This article was written after we were like 1-7 last year and not competitive on any side of the ball.. Our record doesn't show it yet this year but from the last 4 weeks of the season last year up til now, we have been competitive and improving. The author also makes several accusations that he does not back up with any proof..

Bottom line is that the media (especially east coast media and espn) hate Mangini. If I lived out east and was fed with Mangini hate 24/7 I suppose it would be hard not to adapt to their innacurate, biased opinions..

I honestly can't understand how anyone can find pleasure out of watching baseball. It has to be the most boring sport in the world. Come on "its raining" they stop playing or cancel the game. REALLY!

Baseball the sport of pussy's!

I live in california now and they think he is a fool. So there goes that theory. Oh and ur poing is ell taken we aren't 1 and 7 yet but 1 and 5...

Do you guys have a man crush on him, its ok to admitt. I have a man crush on jeter

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. My point is that our record does not show the improvements we have made from last year. Why start over when progress is being made?? The yankees are supposed to win every year because they can buy all the good players that other teams can't afford. Football doesn't work that way - there is a salary cap. With our continued improvement, and with another good draft, the wins will start coming..

Oh and I have a man crush on Rob Ryan not Mangini..

Archived