THE BROWNS BOARD

Ohio's Two College Teams

OrangeHelmet-UK

Bandwagon. Gotta follow the teams that win religiously. Ohio State is the biggest bandwagon following in Ohio.

Funny that sounds a lot like another team from another state routinely chastised for such a following. Hmmmm

No, if you are from Ohio, it is pure and right to follow Ohio State. If you are from Pittsburgh and Western Pa. it is pure and right that you follow the Steelers. If you are from Ohio and follow the Steelers, then you are a suckass.

If you are from Western Pa. and follow Ohio State, then you are probably a suckass as well (unless you attended school there).

i think it a lot of it boils down to geography. the closest team relative to where i grew up is bowling green state university. so i followed them and went to a couple of games over the years but they pale in comparison to the other teams mentioned above. but being that ohio U is practically on the KY border i would imagine the people from the region would definitely root for them and probably cincinnatti as well. in northern ohio it's follow/play for your HS team. root for the browns, indians and cavs and ohio state in college football/hoops.

i think it a lot of it boils down to geography. the closest team relative to where i grew up is bowling green state university. so i followed them and went to a couple of games over the years but they pale in comparison to the other teams mentioned above. but being that ohio U is practically on the KY border i would imagine the people from the region would definitely root for them and probably cincinnatti as well. in northern ohio it's follow/play for your HS team. root for the browns, indians and cavs and ohio state in college football/hoops.

ohio university is 85 miles away from kentucky. it is much closer to WV than KY.

I have a question, , could anyone tell me why the Ohio State 'buckeye's' are better Supported and stronger than the 'Bobcats'?

Having visited Cleveland recently for a Browns game , Both college's played each other the same weekend, and Ohio State seemed a lot stronger than Ohio

Basic difference is enrollment.

Ohio University is around 27,000. Ohio State is around 80,000.

Another difference is the amount of research dollars rolling in.

Ohio State has more resources, human and otherwise. It is not even close.

Another difference is the amount of alumni.

Ohio University has about 66,000 alumni in the state of Ohio. Ohio State has many more than that living OUTSIDE Ohio.

Archived