THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the AFC North

Zombo

Browns fans, promise me that when we win the Super Bowl that you won't be arrogant pricks. Proud, yes. Dignified, yes. Contented, yes ... but not arrogant pricks.

As if it is not enough that we deal with the shallow, misguided Steeler fans on a daily basis, this week we got to see the unthinkable ... Saints fans talkng smack.

Now, I've been watching the NFL for forty years. And I remember it taking the Saints over twenty years to make the playoffs. I remember Archie Manning running for his life behind an under-manned team for what seemed like forever. I remember the Aint's of 1980 when we were division champs, and how I felt sorry for them. I remember they had a nice rise in the late 80's under Jim Mora, but it never amounted to any postseason success. I remember Billy Joe Tolliver, Jeff Blake and Aaron Brooks.

So , finally, after over 40 futile years, the Saints, with everyone in the country, including us, rooting for them ... finally win the big one ... here they are on our board talking shit about the Browns.

Really? You had one great year, so you feel entitled to crap all over the franchise of Paul Brown, Otto Graham, Jim Brown, Leroy Kelly, Brian Sipe, Ozzie Newsome, Bernie Kosar etc, etc, etc ....?

C'mon, man.

Take a victory lap, sure. But be a prick ... why?

Karma's a bitch, Saints fans. Sorry to see you handled your moment in the sun so badly ... Hate to see what you'll be like after another 40 sucky years...

Cincinnati at Atlanta 1 PM

The Bungles had a bye week last week, meaning they've had two weeks to come to terms with the fact that they are still the Bungles. Atlanta's a well-rounded team with enough weapons to put up 30 at home versus Cincy and enough of a pass rush to make it a long day for human statue Carson Palmer. FALCONS 30 BUNGLES 16

Pittsburgh at Miami 1 PM

The Dolphins are what the Browns are trying to be: Great running game, solid defense, win the turnover game and dominate the line of scrimmage. The difference is, the Dolphins have real wide receivers. Check that, not just real, but real good: Watch for Brandon Marshall and Davone Bess to give the weak Steelers secondary fits. And watch for Cameron Wake and the Dolphins under-rated D take down Big Ben the water buffalo repeatedly. Dolphins win easily at home. DOLPHINS 20 STEELERS 10

Buffalo at Baltimore 1 PM

I keep my own power rankings, for betting purposes, and usually ... make that "always" ... the team that I pick dead last at #32 in the preseason will move up a few slots as the season progresses. Not this year ... for the first time ever, I've had a team go into the negative power numbers ... I had to change my whole system to account for a Bills team that is "less than zero". They really have nothing going on this year ... on either side of the ball. So ... this pick is easy. RAVENS 23 BILLS 7

Cleveland at New Orleans 1 PM

The Saints, quite frankly, look like an average team this year. The Browns, after five good performances, got beat to the core last week and it is stinging. This folks, is what they call ... The Total Trap Game. Colt McCoy, who got his ears wet passing for over 280+ yards against Dick LeBeau's Steeler defense, will find the Saints defense full of opportunities. But it will be Peyton Hillis who will really star for the Browns. The Saints can be pounded up the middle, just ask Frank Gore and Michael Turner ... and this is one defensive line that the Browns blockers can, and will, blow off the ball. BROWNS 24 SAINTS 20

Zombo

I'm your biggest fan, Zombo - if you haven't figured that out by now.

However I must respectfully disagree with one of your picks.

The Bills are well known for pulling one or two out of their asses every year and I think this is that game.

Don't write that down, just keep it filed behind the memory of that hot chic at Applebees.

Regards...

... an'at

Nah, not arrogant at least not after around a month of rubbing every bungal and stooler fan i know in it! ;)

Its going to be to easy for the Aints in the big easy...

But we can always hope and then make idiot out of ourselves and say:

Browns 20

Aints 17

Wright owes this team and DC for keeping his sorry ass off the bench and getting paid while he has been slumping, its time to snap out of it eric!

Browns fans, promise me that when we win the Super Bowl that you won't be arrogant pricks. Proud, yes. Dignified, yes. Contented, yes ... but not arrogant pricks.

As if it is not enough that we deal with the shallow, misguided Steeler fans on a daily basis, this week we got to see the unthinkable ... Saints fans talkng smack.

Now, I've been watching the NFL for forty years. And I remember it taking the Saints over twenty years to make the playoffs. I remember Archie Manning running for his life behind an under-manned team for what seemed like forever. I remember the Aint's of 1980 when we were division champs, and how I felt sorry for them. I remember they had a nice rise in the late 80's under Jim Mora, but it never amounted to any postseason success. I remember Billy Joe Tolliver, Jeff Blake and Aaron Brooks.

So , finally, after over 40 futile years, the Saints, with everyone in the country, including us, rooting for them ... finally win the big one ... here they are on our board talking shit about the Browns.

Really? You had one great year, so you feel entitled to crap all over the franchise of Paul Brown, Otto Graham, Jim Brown, Leroy Kelly, Brian Sipe, Ozzie Newsome, Bernie Kosar etc, etc, etc ....?

C'mon, man.

Karma's a bitch, Saints fans. Sorry to see you handled your moment in the sun so badly ... Hate to see what you'll be like after another 40 sucky years...

The Bungles had a bye week last week, meaning they've had two weeks to come to terms with the fact that they are still the Bungles. Atlanta's a well-rounded team with enough weapons to put up 30 at home versus Cincy and enough of a pass rush to make it a long day for human statue Carson Palmer. FALCONS 30 BUNGLES 16

Pittsburgh at Miami 1 PM

The Dolphins are what the Browns are trying to be: Great running game, solid defense, win the turnover game and dominate the line of scrimmage. The difference is, the Dolphins have real wide receivers. Check that, not just real, but real good: Watch for Brandon Marshall and Davone Bess to give the weak Steelers secondary fits. And watch for Cameron Wake and the Dolphins under-rated D take down Big Ben the water buffalo repeatedly. Dolphins win easily at home. DOLPHINS 20 STEELERS 10

I keep my own power rankings, for betting purposes, and usually ... make that "always" ... the team that I pick dead last at #32 in the preseason will move up a few slots as the season progresses. Not this year ... for the first time ever, I've had a team go into the negative power numbers ... I had to change my whole system to account for a Bills team that is "less than zero". They really have nothing going on this year ... on either side of the ball. So ... this pick is easy. RAVENS 23 BILLS 7

The Saints, quite frankly, look like an average team this year. The Browns, after five good performances, got beat to the core last week and it is stinging. This folks, is what they call ... The Total Trap Game. Colt McCoy, who got his ears wet passing for over 280+ yards against Dick LeBeau's Steeler defense, will find the Saints defense full of opportunities. But it will be Peyton Hillis who will really star for the Browns. The Saints can be pounded up the middle, just ask Frank Gore and Michael Turner ... and this is one defensive line that the Browns blockers can, and will, blow off the ball. BROWNS 24 SAINTS 20

Zombo

I think Shittsburgh will get beat by a bit more.

ZOMBO You are a complete ASS

That was the last smack talk ... 10:46 AM Sunday.

Now every week, I log on around lunchtime on Monday and there 50 Morons ready to greet me ... what happened??

Oh, that's right ... BIG UPSET IN THE BIG EASY, BABY!!

And just one point (or very, very questionable call) from being perfect.

Ahhh, it is good to be the king ... but where are my minions?

Zombo

--Putting the "Great" in "The Great Zomboni" year after year...

That was the last smack talk ... 10:46 AM Sunday.

Now every week, I log on around lunchtime on Monday and there 50 Morons ready to greet me ... what happened??

Oh, that's right ... BIG UPSET IN THE BIG EASY, BABY!!

And just one point (or very, very questionable call) from being perfect.

Ahhh, it is good to be the king ... but where are my minions?

Zombo

--Putting the "Great" in "The Great Zomboni" year after year...

As usual, the Steelers got a lucky break. The showed the play again about 6 times on Primetime last night- what I saw was a 'Fin fell on the ball in the end zone had possession, a Steeler fell on top of him, play over. To top it off the Dolphins came up with the ball out of the scrum. Had it been a Steeler I may have given them the benefit of the doubt.

And the NFL has GOT to take this one step- if you're a ref- they don't let you officiate a game for your hometown team. They don't let Big 10 or PAC 12 officials work the Rose Bowl.

As usual, the Steelers got a lucky break. The showed the play again about 6 times on Primetime last night- what I saw was a 'Fin fell on the ball in the end zone had possession, a Steeler fell on top of him, play over. To top it off the Dolphins came up with the ball out of the scrum. Had it been a Steeler I may have given them the benefit of the doubt.

And the NFL has GOT to take this one step- if you're a ref- they don't let you officiate a game for your hometown team. They don't let Big 10 or PAC 12 officials work the Rose Bowl.

Actually I saw that play and the refs said they could not tell who came up with the ball....but, to my eyes, sure, you couldn't tell which of the 3-4 Dolphins got it....but the were ALL Dolphins. The "scrum" was only between 3 Dolphins.

I seen the "Fin" Put his arm out ..Start to Pull it in ..when 320 LBS Of Legursky fell in there... God Knows what happened at that Point .The Camera certainly didn't. Extreme Lucky Break for the Steelers...and We will Take it ! Although ... we easily could have Got the Ball back with another Shot at a FG and Ben was playing well .. (and we basically sat on the Rock the 4th Qrtr. up to that Point) AND Miami Had the Ball with tones of Time 2 and a half is Plenty. But we were indeed lucky. But seriously Good team seem to get those "Lucky" Breaks... like it or not.

C'mon, man.

Pittsburgh at Miami 1 PM

Zombo

I love yah guy but Browns fans have been arrogant pricks while losing.........when they start respecting all the Steelers have done for years instead your and most pissing in the wind as in above.........then we will be a great franchiise again...........I am sick of us being whining little pricks...........STOP it PLEASE

I love yah guy but Browns fans have been arrogant pricks while losing.........when they start respecting all the Steelers have done for years instead your and most pissing in the wind as in above.........then we will be a great franchiise again...........I am sick of us being whining little pricks...........STOP it PLEASE

Cleveland is getting that Reputation Nationally with the LeBron thing as well. Man up guys,,, Speak with your Brains as well as you Broken Hearts.

Rich, I think I speak for all of us when I say, "Go XXXX yourself."

Zombo

What the fans do, say, think, eat, shit, f**K, belch, moan, groan, suck, muck, etc. etc. etc. doesn't affect one damn bit whether or not the "franchise will be great again".

The pure ignorance and stupidity of the Steeler fan base demonstrates that fact vividly.

Only top notch management, scouting, coaching, and performance will cause this team or any team to be a winner.

Zombo----No one knows how smart you are until you open your mouth---then you leave no doubt. Besides showing your lack of intelligence, your potty mouth reminds me of a middle school graduate.

Actually, I did not graduate middle school, we went straight from Grade school to High school. So you are wrong again, Big & Gay.

Zombo

Zomblow -- I get the running shtick, knee-jerk pick against the Steelers every week, but hey... when you set yourself up, don't whine when you catch some flak. And it might even help sometime to admit you were wrong, like say, when the Steelers win about every week and crush your "prediction." You just might catch a little less crap. At the very least, you can understand WHY Steelers fans hand out the smack. You've earned it.

And another thing -- you can't have it both ways. You can't brag on your Nostradamus skills when you call one, but never own up to your dud calls -- see also, Pittsburgh Steelers.

Thank you for your opinion, Mr. Suxdick. It was a Great Week for the Great Zomboni, not only did I call the Superdome upset, but I also called the Bungle and Ravens games correctly and won a ton of dough betting against the Steelers. I understand your jealousy.

Zombo

Archived