THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Trick Plays

Brownsfan_Althaus

When you lack the talent to do it exactly the way you want, ya have to be creative and find ways to win with what ya got...

Hats off to the browns coaching staff and the players well done! We should have been doing this all along until the coach gets the pieces he needs to do it his way...

Rather we had won or lost, the whole organization left it all on the field today at every level!

Woof! Woof! Woof! Woof! Woof! Woof!

GREAT COACHING TODAY by Mangini and his crew. He totally out-coached last years "Coach of the Year". Damn good job.

It was a combination of coaching and execution that made everything work. That was purely fun.

Is anyone else as impressed as I am over that throw by Cribbs on the throwback punt return? That had to go what? 30 yards?

I was thinking the same thing. Didn't even look like he checked to see where Wright even was, just took 10 steps, jumped and threw.

Trick plays work sometimes and sometimes they don't. the bigger effect they have is force defenses into staying home and or specialties and force them to play a little slower watching out for trick plays..We know Mangini teams coming out of the break typically play very well..the Browns throughly outplayed and out coached the The Saints..not even close.

Many people said the browns would be 0-7 in the stretch starting with Bmore and ending with the Jets. Right now we are 2-3 in that stretch. I think we can get oen more win against the pats or the jets

I think with this past win, a week off to rest and clear the minds, winning both of those home games is more than possible.

Looking past that we have Jacksonville and Carolina...we can win those games.

I don't want to get too far ahead here, but we can win those games as well.

What this team needed was a spark. I would say defeating NO is a pretty nice spark.

Take the week to tweek the O a bit and who knows what can happen.

For now, just rest up...even the coaches need a few days of relaxation, then get back later this week and start planning the Pats.

Go Browns

I made one for ya

My favorite play was the Reggie Hodges run. Never saw a punter outfake a punt returner before. That one was for all the poor kickers and punters who have looked like unathletic dweebs lunging at the retun man as they blow by him for the TD.

Zombo

I made one for ya

Like the Blues tune to go along with it. Just a couple of observations:

David Bowens hot dogged it both times he crossed the goal line. Did he need to do that?

Reggie Hodges has a lot of giddyup in his getalong, doesn't he? And some moves to go with it.

With some better downfield blocking both Wright's and Hodges returns should have been TDs, but the settle for FGs after both those plays. Had those been TDs this wipeout would have been even worse.

Like the Blues tune to go along with it. Just a couple of observations:

David Bowens hot dogged it both times he crossed the goal line. Did he need to do that?

Reggie Hodges has a lot of giddyup in his getalong, doesn't he? And some moves to go with it.

With some better downfield blocking both Wright's and Hodges returns should have been TDs, but the settle for FGs after both those plays. Had those been TDs this wipeout would have been even worse

Thats exactly what I was thinking.. I'm glad only getting field goals off of the big special teams play did not hurt us in the end.. and honestly I don't have a problem with Bowens celebrations.. It was rather entertaining..

Archived