THE BROWNS BOARD

James Davis Waived

CLEVELandMILIDH

To the jerks below commenting on my question if the James Davis experiment is over... SUCK IT!

Run its course? After one game with 4 carries?

Worst thread ever....you're an idiot

If he is an asshat, you must wear a total ass-body suit

... Ass hats... lol.

Dumb move. We should have taken advantage of James Davis while we had a chance.

You're presuming a) that James Davis is healthy and B) he was any more effective with us this year than he was at Clemson where he couldn't hold on to a starting job. I'm disappointed as much as the next guy that this guy didn't do more but this is what your Director of Pro Personnel is paid to know and evaluate.

You're presuming a) that James Davis is healthy and B) he was any more effective with us this year than he was at Clemson where he couldn't hold on to a starting job. I'm disappointed as much as the next guy that this guy didn't do more but this is what your Director of Pro Personnel is paid to know and evaluate.

Couldn't hold on to his starting job? It's kind of hard when C.J. Spiller is the other runningback on the roster. He was second in all time rushing yards while he was there, and he put up 1,000 yards a season every season excluding his senior season when he still got 700 and some with a seperated shoulder.

By all accounts, he was a steal in the draft when we got him. It's a shame he couldn't pan out for us. I had extremely high hopes for him. And yes, I did buy his jersey. It was well worth it.

Couldn't hold on to his starting job? It's kind of hard when C.J. Spiller is the other runningback on the roster. He was second in all time rushing yards while he was there, and he put up 1,000 yards a season every season excluding his senior season when he still got 700 and some with a seperated shoulder.

By all accounts, he was a steal in the draft when we got him. It's a shame he couldn't pan out for us. I had extremely high hopes for him. And yes, I did buy his jersey. It was well worth it.

I liked him alot to, I think he's gonna be a good back for somebody. His downfall was probably failing to carve out a role on ST's and his injury.

im not so far as to completely right off Robiskie yet i mean yeah he sucks but if we had a better number one receiver i think he may fit in better at the slot or something else and with colt finally showing some promise i think with his accuarcy that he may develop into at least a decent #3,defentily not a game changing #1 recevier tho for sure

Its just heckert trying to deliver to mangini what he needs, neither harrison or davis no longer fit into the puzzle of our bruising power running game, we still need a couple of fairly fast 200 lb plus WRs that can block and more upgrades at RB but at least i can see the light at the end of the offensive tunnel now, and the light says playoffs in 2 years!

We picked this guy up to get an idea of the pats offense and scout them a bit better.

No doubt that doesn't hurt anything, but Clayton was on our roster before landing with the Pats, so we already have a little history on the guy.

No doubt that doesn't hurt anything, but Clayton was on our roster before landing with the Pats, so we already have a little history on the guy.

Yeah but that history was he wasnt up to the task the first time around, or able to make much impact in the Pats backfield which I dont think is that outstanding at moment, but to be honest, I dont think should waste much time on these guys coming in and out as likelihood is they wont be round long either and not going to make any great benefit to the team overall.

Never impressed me. Not once.

I'm assuming he's not a team player and Clayton will be happy to play special teams which is what a 3rd string RB does.

Davis wanted out ... don't let the door hit ya...

Zombo

th James Davis Gone as Browns Running Situation Clouds Further

Written By: Craig Lyndall | Category: Cleveland Browns | Comments: 16

Last night on Twitter, James Davis tweeted, “Finally was granted with my wish..” A day after being a healthy scratch for the Browns in their victory over the New Orleans Saints, it wasn’t too difficult to figure out what his wish was. Adam Caplan confirmed the move a few minutes later adding that the Browns signed Thomas Clayton off waivers from the Patriots. This is the same guy that the Pats took from the Browns’ practice squad a few weeks prior. It is also slightly ironic that the Browns took a runner from the Pats considering their running back situation might be one of the only ones in the NFL with more movement than the Browns this season.

Lawrence Maroney was traded from the Pats to the Broncos after he allegedly fell to fourth on their depth chart. This week, the Pats’ carries all went to BenJarvus Green-Ellis and Danny Woodhead while the ancient Fred Taylor is still nursing an injury. So while the Pats are thin at running back, apparently their cast-off Thomas Clayton, who they signed on June 11th, was good enough for the Browns to snap up while releasing “Mr. Opportunity Session” James Davis.

Already, I have probably written too many words on the topic of a 6th round draft pick (James Davis) and those who wish to supplant him on the Browns’ roster. Overall, though, it is such a strange picture that the Browns are creating at a position that was thought to be relatively strong coming into the year.

It should be noted that the Browns’ next opponent on the schedule is New England and Clayton might have been signed as a spy with the hopes of getting some intel for the Browns’ defense. Then again, on the heels of trading Jerome Harrison straight up for Mike Bell it is hard to figure out exactly what the Browns’ real goals are regarding the running back position.

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/?p=35446

I guess this move makes sense if they were never going to let him play anyway, and if they are going all power running.

With Hardesty back next year I doubt Davis would have been on the field much anyway (Assuming Hardesty can stay healthy) and if they keep Bell they will have 3 solid power runners that will straight up steamroll and gas opposing team's defenses.

Would have been nice to try to get a 6th rounder back for him earlier in the season if they were just going to dump him though.

My only issue with this type of run game is the lack of a speedster. I think in the NFL you have to have that guy in the backfield that can hit the homerun anytime he touches the ball. I love this type of power football, but I don't know if it works in the NFL.

I guess this move makes sense if they were never going to let him play anyway, and if they are going all power running.

With Hardesty back next year I doubt Davis would have been on the field much anyway (Assuming Hardesty can stay healthy) and if they keep Bell they will have 3 solid power runners that will straight up steamroll and gas opposing team's defenses.

Would have been nice to try to get a 6th rounder back for him earlier in the season if they were just going to dump him though.

My only issue with this type of run game is the lack of a speedster. I think in the NFL you have to have that guy in the backfield that can hit the homerun anytime he touches the ball. I love this type of power football, but I don't know if it works in the NFL.

Not to change the subject, but that's precisely how I would like to see Cribbs be used: a speedster in the backfield. Pitch backs, etc. Get him the ball in space and let him do what he does. Kinda Reggie Bush-esque. Seems a better place for his natural talents than at receiver, where he has to concern himself with routes, etc. But...I suppose he's fully entrenched at the receiver position now.

Nope.

I have a Phil Dawson jersey from '99 that is completely faded and now fits my 9 year old niece, jk. But really James Davis? Dude, I guarantee you are the guy at Walmart that buys everything while standing in line. Glasses repair kit, check. Batteries, check. Some nasty flavor of Pringles, check. James Davis jersey, check.

I have a Phil Dawson jersey from '99 that is completely faded and now fits my 9 year old niece, jk. But really James Davis? Dude, I guarantee you are the guy at Walmart that buys everything while standing in line. Glasses repair kit, check. Batteries, check. Some nasty flavor of Pringles, check. James Davis jersey, check.

I guarantee you that you are wrong.

I bought a James Davis jersey because I am from South Carolina and I saw him play at Clemson his entire career and loved him. Even though I hate Clemson.

And I also never really bought it, my girlfriend at the time got it for me for my birthday. She also bought me a Quinn jersey. She also cheated on me. She's also a dumb whore.

hahahaha

buying a james davis jersey is the ultimate selfing. looks like you have a new crunchy shirt, tcpo.

Archived