THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Add WR Demetrius Williams

TheClevelandSound

I been saying that since we wasted a 2nd round pick on the bum. That pick reeked of legacy pick just cuz he was from Ohio St. and Daddy coached here.

Sometimes legacy picks can be a good thing- you wouldn't happen to want Clay Matthews Jr on the Browns, or would you?

No but if im correct this is a video of him in college

What kind of coverage was that? I suspect that saftey had cement in his shoes, or Williams is lightning fast..

Regarding Mitchell, if he was another Marquis Colston we'd have seen him active by now. Maybe he has Ben Gay syndrome? Like not too bright?

BTW, Oregon has about six flavors of hideous jerseys, courtesy of the Big Enchillada at Nike- who graduated from there, and pays for all the hideousness.

What kind of coverage was that? I suspect that saftey had cement in his shoes, or Williams is lightning fast..

Regarding Mitchell, if he was another Marquis Colston we'd have seen him active by now. Maybe he has Ben Gay syndrome? Like not too bright?

BTW, Oregon has about six flavors of hideous jerseys, courtesy of the Big Enchillada at Nike- who graduated from there, and pays for all the hideousness.

Just like we saw the Patriots bring in Tom Brady to replace Bledsole, oh wait... that's not correct. Brady was kept on the bench until Bledsole was too injured to play.

You gotta let the kid get on the field and start playing before you rule him out. Not saying he's going to be Colston, but you never know how a player is going to pan out until they get some game time. Sometimes a player just doesn't get a chance due to his position on the depth chart.

I will admit, i'm a USF homer and always was a fan of Mitchell. Hopefully i'm not using the blinders, but I just want us to give him a chance to succeed.

Don't be hating on Carlton Mitchell Zippy, the kid is tall and reported to be the quickiest on the team. Remember he came out after his Junior year from a smaller college. He has some learning to do and I would take him over the inflated big school recruits of Robiskie or Nomass anyday and we haven't even seen him play yet.

Let's not start up the excuse factory on this guy. He played in 37 games, 3 full seasons, at South Florida. Plus a redshirt year. In case you weren't aware, South Florida is in the Big East, a BCS conference. The Bulls went to four bowl games in a row and were ranked as high as #2 in the country while Carlton was there.

I want to see him make it as bad as anybody, but I feel a lot better with Demetrius Williams and his four years of NFL experience out there helping Colt rather than this sixth round draft pick that made goo goo eyes at you at training camp.

Zombo

Let's not start up the excuse factory on this guy. He played in 37 games, 3 full seasons, at South Florida. Plus a redshirt year. In case you weren't aware, South Florida is in the Big East, a BCS conference. The Bulls went to four bowl games in a row and were ranked as high as #2 in the country while Carlton was there.

I want to see him make it as bad as anybody, but I feel a lot better with Demetrius Williams and his four years of NFL experience out there helping Colt rather than this sixth round draft pick that made goo goo eyes at you at training camp.

Zombo

All I want to say is don't give up on this guy. Look at the season Lance Moore is having with the Saints. We had a chance to sign him as an undrafted free agent a few years ago, but he said he wasn't good enough during try outs and we dropped him, then after have 3 years of work in the NFL he broke out with the saint 1-2 years ago and now he is a solid receiver.

If I'm not mistaken, Mitchell was a project pick...

At draft time it was stated that he had exceptional speed but had some issues catching the ball...

We were going to coach him up and if that failed all we have invested is a 6th round pick....

After the bye we will probably see more of him to stretch the field---that is, if he accepted the coaching up...

Peace

T.Dawg

Yamon Figurs might have been a bad pick up by the Browns, but Demetrius Williams is a horrible pick up by the Browns. For any of you who have seen the movie Unbreakable, Demetrius Williams is "Mr. Glass." Every year he was on the Ravens roster was the year he was supposed to break out as a great player. Every year he was on the Ravens roster he would have 2-3 outstanding plays, and then get injured and be out for the rest of the year. I wouldn't be too excited about his pick up, at least "Yamon*" is fun to say and he was a good return man.

Yamon Figurs might have been a bad pick up by the Browns, but Demetrius Williams is a horrible pick up by the Browns. For any of you who have seen the movie Unbreakable, Demetrius Williams is "Mr. Glass." Every year he was on the Ravens roster was the year he was supposed to break out as a great player. Every year he was on the Ravens roster he would have 2-3 outstanding plays, and then get injured and be out for the rest of the year. I wouldn't be too excited about his pick up, at least "Yamon*" is fun to say and he was a good return man.

I'm willing to bet Williams was only brought in for the remainder of this season or shorter. I would be very surprised if he is on the team after the coming off-season.

I just can't figure out why we didn't nab a wr in free agency? They had to know we needed some exp at the position. And if thats not bad enough we missed the trade deadline. Do any of you think were going to have a 1000 yd wr this year?

We have a better chance of having a 1000 receiving tight end this year than 1000 receive wide receiver.

Archived