THE BROWNS BOARD

Next 2 games are key for Kyle Orton's future with Bears

Earle

let's hope he agrees to those conditions. if not, he can just force the browns to cut him and sign with whomever he pleases, which, at this point, is looking like the likeliest scenario unless he can find someone who wants him badly enough to trade for him.

Can't read it all. But DA did beat a playoff team and played great doing it. They are called the Super Bowl Champion NY Giants.

He played well half the year last year and no so good the rest of the year. He also played great against the Giants this year and not too bad against a very good Ravens defense and pretty good a few other games. He Also played bad against several teams this year including one that the Browns won (the Bungles).

Cassell is a product of the system. If he is put in the same system he will be a decent QB. The only QB that I would take in the current market for the price you would have to pay is McNabb. And I think his price might be too high.

DA's value has dropped since last year dramatically and he will be a bargin deal for a team like the Vikings. He can restructure his deal to make it a longer term deal so that his signing bonus is over more years making it not such a great cap hit. That is how DA can control his destination by who is willing to restructure his contract with.

The Browns can't lose because if they can get a 3rd rounder for DA then the fan base will be happy. A 3rd rounder is not too much for a team like the Vikings to pay for a 25 year old QB with a strong arm and 27 or so starts under his belt. It would be a good fit for them and much cheaper than Cassell would be.

As far as beating good teams. Yea you can say DA has not beat many playoff teams as a starter. But, let me ask you what QB on this team has?

The best way for DA to help this team now is through a trade. But, don't be surprised if he goes to a team like the Vikings that he ends up having a pretty good career. I mean the Browns are not excatly a place for QBs to flourish, think 12 QBs in 11 years have started. That is good coaching and front office work there.

Always say, watch what you wish for, you might get it.

The best way for DA to help this team now is through a trade. But, don't be surprised if he goes to a team like the Vikings that he ends up having a pretty good career. I mean the Browns are not excatly a place for QBs to flourish, think 12 QBs in 11 years have started. That is good coaching and front office work there.

Always say, watch what you wish for, you might get it.

Then it's in his best interest to leave anyhow. I mean, if we can't do it right, then he won't be any good here anyway. Correct?

I can point to a whole bunch of teams who went through QBs a LOT - MIA comes to mind immediately.

Do you know why? It's *hard* to find a QB that will carry your team for a long time. There are only ever a few guys in the league at the same time that can do it; everyone else is always looking.

Somehow, while the Brown's FO is somewhat to blame, it seems a lot of other teams have as much difficulty. Usually, before a team finds the guy that will be there forever, they have to really suck so they can draft that guy (Indy), otherwise they just get lucky (NE).

I think it very likely that DAs contract is restructured this offseason and he is still with the team come training camp. Just a feeling I have. I don't know why.

I actually do agree that it is in every bodies best interest to trade DA.

Although I agree that there are not allot of top QBs in the league and that they do not come along everyday or anything like that. My point is more that it takes longer than on average less than a year to find a QB. I actually agree that DA is not the answer in Cleveland. My hope, and I actually do think they will, is that the Cleveland organization gives BQ at least 2 maybe 3 years to grow and progress.

At the very least the organization will have the fan base behind them if they do give BQ a real chance to improve. And While I do agree that it is no longer vogue in the league to covet DA I think that he can be gotten basically pretty cheap. And I do think that he has shown enough glimpses of being a very good QB that somebody will take a chance on a 25 year old QB.

I think it makes the most sense for the Vikings unless they can get McNabb. For DA why would he want to go to Detroit? I am pretty sure that nobody will pay him what he is on the books for. If you were DA would you restructure to be in Detroit? Well I might if I believed in the direction that they are going. After all didn't Miami only win 1 game last year?

I guess with the right coach and front office that things can turn around pretty fast (nice schedule helps).

That is the hope in Cleveland. That with the right coach and QB that this team will have a turn around season. They have skill players and the foundation for a possibly good defense. Add a few monsters in the draft and have another good FA period and it could happen.

I agree with Shep that DA is done in Cleveland. His value is lower than it should be but high enough where fans will like the pick that they get for him (I think 3rd rounder). Draft some LBs in the first few rounds and get some FA OL help. Keep the receivers and get a RB in like the 4th round. Get harrison more touches and find a way to get the ball in Cribbs hands on Offense.

I have seen people mention Randle-el well that would not be a bad way to use Cribbs. Run him on reverses, use him to pass and have him catch. I think that is a very good comparision of what he could be to the offense.

Other than as trade value DA has no value to the Browns anymore. I don't think Chicago will trade for him but I do think that the Vikings will, but not aggressively. I don't think anybody will be aggressive because they will think they can get him on the cheap.

And I do think that Savage should be given another year, but RAC shouldn't and neither should Chud. Bring in a new coach with a new staff. Make sure that the coaching philsophy matches the QB. Maybe bring in Charlie to do something that he can actually do, be a Offensive Cordinator.

Guest Ghoolie
Next 2 games are key for Kyle Orton's future with Bears. Could DA be on there list? There is a lot of talk in Chicago about Orton's future there and DA's contract would not be that bad against there cap, if they wanted to pick him up.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...,5975600.column

The Bears Blow. Who cares about the Bears?

The Bears Blow. Who cares about the Bears?

dude i am just hoping that we can savalge something out of DA!

And all of Chicago Sucks! so send Suck Ass DA there! :lol:

It would be great to get something out of DA in a trade or keep him as a back-up he is better than Dorsey.

How weird would it be to hire Pioli and McDaniels... and have Weis be the OC? McDaniels was Weis' protege.

despite frustrations in south bend, i don't think weis is going anywhere quite yet. he gets one more year to prove his offense wasn't just a product of stealing the opposing teams' defensive signals before people realize that it was and he's let go.

i love watching notre dame flounder and want no part of weis once he's out.

Archived