24. Pittsburgh Steelers

25. Baltimore Ravens

26. Kansas City Chiefs

27. New York Giants

28. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

29. Atlanta Falcons

30. New York Jets

31. New England Patriots

Theres your order. Cross your fingers :)

Question: Assume the Bills or the Panthers claim him. Is he then obligated to go play for that team? (assuming he doesn't decide to sit out the rest of the season?)

Question: Assume the Bills or the Panthers claim him. Is he then obligated to go play for that team? (assuming he doesn't decide to sit out the rest of the season?)

Yeah he has to finish out his contract with that team. He could sit if he really wanted to but that would make him less marketable next year. If he goes unclaimed he can sign with whoever and the vikings still have to pay the remainder of his contract as well as what ever team he signs with.

Alter boys? I just think the Front Office wants players that play together as a team, and work together as a team - before putting themselves first. Didn't we go through that stage? Kellen Winslow, Braylon Edwards, etc.

Funny how we have the deepest team we've had in years, and the organization isn't "doing it right".

You want to hear whats the funny thing is. Bucs and Jets, those two teams that Browns traded Winslow and Edwards to Tampa and NYJ. You know why, they got talent and they are contributing to the team. When is the last time a WR actually contributed a touchdown for the Browns? The opening game and the kansas city chiefs. Thats 7 weeks ago. Holy Schikes! The Browns need talent at that position and with Randy Moss at the 1 recieving position, you can bet your ass that Randy will be happy here cuz he is the only one with talents besides cribbs and stuckey and it will sorely help Colt Mccoy. Give Mccoy weapons and then we'll talk whether he's for real or not

LOL @ This:

Per Jay Glazer Twitter:

Although Chilly said he is waiving Moss, he still has not yet been waived and the player has still not been told directly from coach yet.

The Cowboys are never gonna pick up moss. they are 1-6 and just got stomped by Jax. They got alot more problems than just offense. They got a shitload of problems. I could see the deadskins, raiders, bills, browns more likely to pick him up.

why are Browns fans so afraid of getting a WR who can play, they are all prima donnas.. Our organization wants to get a bunch of altar boys, thats our problem.

and since when is it a crime to be a jerk?

zombo half the NFL is Retarded, there wonderlic scores prove it.. those arent tough questions.

i agree with you 100% we need a veteran on our team (WR)

Wouldn't it be hilarious if Childress and Moss are punking the media with all of this. Moss just got fined for not talking to the media. The media is reporting Childress has lost the respect of his team. Then there is the whole Farve mess with voicemails and photos. It would be too funny if it were a joke. The Vikings haven't waived him yet. Just tossing it out there.

Chargers makes a ton of sense, and then they can trade/dump Jackson. They're 3-5 but they start like that every year. They'll end up 10-6 and in the playoffs, like always.

Chiefs don't have the QB to keep him happy.

Rams are weak at WR and still in the hunt at 4-4. That's a good one.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if Childress and Moss are punking the media with all of this. Moss just got fined for not talking to the media. The media is reporting Childress has lost the respect of his team. Then there is the whole Farve mess with voicemails and photos. It would be too funny if it were a joke. The Vikings haven't waived him yet. Just tossing it out there.

Yea because they have nothing else to worry about

Browns mentioned here:

New York, get ready for Randy

Posted by Mike Florio on November 1, 2010 5:20 PM ET

Rosenthal officially commenced the speculation regarding the next destination of Randy Moss.

But I don't need three guesses.

Though one of the teams with a record worse than 5-2 may try to squat on Moss, I firmly believe that the New York Jets will make a claim for his services.

The Jets will be motivated by a desire to keep Moss from returning to the Patriots, and by an interest in sticking it to the Pats by winning with one of their castoffs (see Danny Woodhead).

Also, Moss may be better than Braylon Edwards or Santonio Holmes. Neither has done all that much this year, and both made relatively small contributions on Sunday against the Packers.

Then there's the Rex Ryan-Mike Tannenbaum willingness to bring in big-name players whom others have doubted and to use that external doubt to light a fire under their asses. Guys like Antontio Cromartie and LaDainian Tomlinson were believed to be washed up elsewhere; they're now key contributors in New York.

Of course, the possibility that the Jets would claim Moss could make the Dolphins (one of Rosenthal's projected destinations) even more likely to make a claim for Moss, since it would keep him from both of their AFC East rivals. It also would reunite him with former Marshall quarterback Chad Pennington, perhaps a guy who can keep Moss from becoming a problem.

We're also intrigued by the slim possibility that the Browns, who play the Pats and Jets in the next two weekends, would consider bringing Moss to town. It's highly unlikely, but in a weird sort of way it would make a little bit of sense.

Regardless, first Moss must officially be waived. As Jay Glazer has reported, it hasn't happened yet.

Yea because they have nothing else to worry about

First, we are assuming that "renting" Moss until after the Pats game (and his knowledge of the Pats) was over. I agree that it would be stupid to waste a third round pick for two weeks' worth of help.

I have quietly said all along that Brad Childress is a coach who gets away with stupid things (poor clock management, suspect team management) because his players are that good. He's mortgaged his whole career by NOT developing a QB and trying to ride #4, The Coach Killer.

Can cutting Randy Moss after this short of a period of time not signal what this guy is like in the locker room?

There is no way in hell he falls past the Jets. None of those teams near the Pats are going to allow them to get him back for nothing.

I'll tell you what though. How would you like to be one of those Viking fans who went out and bought a brand-spankin' new Moss jersey?! LOL!

Can't imagine why Moss would go to anybody he can't put over the top and into serious contention. I don't see us fielding a QB who's gonna downfield enough to keep him happy anyway.

On the other hand, it does seem like other teams can take on different kinds of personalities while we're trying to win Miss Congeniality or something.

Shep,

First of all. Good to see you back again.

However, I must disagree with your generalized statement about the makeup of this team. It's incredibly unfair to make that claim about Mangini's roster moves and Heckert's as well.

While I agree that Edwards and Winslow have (or at least had) Pro Bowl talent at the time they were jettisoned from the roster, let's also not forget that Mangini parted ways with guys like Shaun Smith and Brandon McDonald who were cancers without the talent. He needed to change the culture of the team. It was a must.

On the flip side, Mangini also has rid the roster of good lockerroom guys like Kamerion Wimbley, Sean Jones, and Hank Fraley. They just didn't fit his scheme because they were either finished or not versatile.

So the bottom line is that Mangini has rid the team of more than just cancers. He also wants to upgrade the production when he makes moves. He's done that in some areas like Roth/Wimbley, Ward/Jones, Haden/McDonald, Mack/Fraley, Wallace/Quinn, Hillis/Harrison.

To be fair, we're still waiting on replacements for Edwards and Winslow in terms of talent. But as far as locker room chemistry goes, those were tremendous moves. Signing Moss now would be counterproductive for this franchise. If we were where the Patriots were three years ago when they traded for him, then great, make the move. But not now, not this team. He would be junk from the get-go.

I just wanted to stop by and tell you all about a truly lovely autumn day in Wisconsin! It's just *that* sort of day. You know how it is.....the air is cool and crisp, and you can smell a hint of winter in the air. Quite lovely! :)

Add in the fact that it's been a day of celebration and, yes, soul-shaking laughter; it becomes a whole lot of fun. You know how every-once-in-a-great-while something happens and you laugh and laugh and laugh till there are tears coming out of your eyes? And then right when you think you have yourself somewhat under control, you make the mistake of reading on ESPN or wherever and the laughter starts all over again?

Yes, folks. It's that sort of day. :)

Now, if you folks end up with this marvelous physical speciman whose mind, unfortunately, resembles that of a somewhat demented and petulant child, I'll still be pulling for you in all things *not* Packer related. Who knows? Maybe the Walrus could control him?

I feel another fit of laughter coming on.......back later! :lol: :lol:

I just wanted to stop by and tell you all about a truly lovely autumn day in Wisconsin! It's just *that* sort of day. You know how it is.....the air is cool and crisp, and you can smell a hint of winter in the air. Quite lovely! :)

Add in the fact that it's been a day of celebration and, yes, soul-shaking laughter; it becomes a whole lot of fun. You know how every-once-in-a-great-while something happens and you laugh and laugh and laugh till there are tears coming out of your eyes? And then right when you think you have yourself somewhat under control, you make the mistake of reading on ESPN or wherever and the laughter starts all over again?

Now, if you folks end up with this marvelous physical speciman whose mind, unfortunately, resembles that of a somewhat demented and petulant child, I'll still be pulling for you in all things *not* Packer related. Who knows? Maybe the Walrus could control him?

Dude how much for some ecstasy?

either he's hittin the sauce or had too much cheese soup.

Can't imagine why Moss would go to anybody he can't put over the top and into serious contention. I don't see us fielding a QB who's gonna downfield enough to keep him happy anyway.

On the other hand, it does seem like other teams can take on different kinds of personalities while we're trying to win Miss Congeniality or something.

Agree.....nice to see you back. :D

We would be stupid not to at least put in a claim for him. He played the last 4 years in New England without incident, now all of a sudden because he was cut he's this huge cancer. I call BS, if its possible to get him in a Orange and Brown uniform I'd be all for it. He can go against the Patriots 2 weeks in a row

We would be stupid not to at least put in a claim for him. He played the last 4 years in New England without incident, now all of a sudden because he was cut he's this huge cancer. I call BS, if its possible to get him in a Orange and Brown uniform I'd be all for it. He can go against the Patriots 2 weeks in a row

We aren't that smart.

Archived