THE BROWNS BOARD

Moss Waived by Vikings

Bob806

just accept the facts that we aren't going to claim him. I know it may seem like a good idea but we aren't going to.

IMO, here are the three most likely teams int he running:

1. san diego-have a good shot to get him and just makes perfect sense really

2. oakland- al davis is crazy, nothing more to say to that.

3. washington-my kind of wild card, but again dan snyder is a crazy owner who will make this move, its a matter of if he falls.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First, we are assuming that "renting" Moss until after the Pats game (and his knowledge of the Pats) was over. I agree that it would be stupid to waste a third round pick for two weeks' worth of help.

I have quietly said all along that Brad Childress is a coach who gets away with stupid things (poor clock management, suspect team management) because his players are that good. He's mortgaged his whole career by NOT developing a QB and trying to ride #4, The Coach Killer.

Can cutting Randy Moss after this short of a period of time not signal what this guy is like in the locker room?

There is no way in hell he falls past the Jets. None of those teams near the Pats are going to allow them to get him back for nothing.

I'll tell you what though. How would you like to be one of those Viking fans who went out and bought a brand-spankin' new Moss jersey?! LOL!

First off, if Moss gets waived, it costs the Browns nothing to pick him up- outside of his contract.

Second- Belichick ain't a jerk- he unloaded Moss for a reason- and now Randy has worn out his welcome in Viking land in a few weeks?

Moss the player-could he help the Browns? Sure no doubt. Moss the clubhouse cancer? Well, I'm pretty sure he won't land here. Now should the Bengals Halfway House pick him up to try and keep the rapidly sinking ship afloat, that would be too funny.

I wouldn't want him as a Brown.

Geez, Minnesota is a mess.

The Browns do not need a locker room cancer like Moss. Don't go for a loser that takes plays off, runs down his team and wishing he was somewhere else. The world wide receivers does not revolve around him. Hope he rots on the waiver wire.

At the team dinner after the game catered by a local mom and pop bistro, Moss says "“What the [expletive]? Who ordered this crap? I wouldn’t feed this to my dog!” "You know, I used to have to eat that crap – but now I’ve got money."

xxxx em, I don't care how good he WAS.

LINK

At the team dinner after the game catered by a local mom and pop bistro, Moss says "“What the [expletive]? Who ordered this crap? I wouldn’t feed this to my dog!” "You know, I used to have to eat that crap – but now I’ve got money."

LINK

He is simply one of the biggest jackasses in all of sports, if not THE biggest.

Sell our soul and pay this idiot $3 million on the hopes he can get a 2-5 team to the playoffs? Never going to happen.

We are better off without him. Let Holmgren, Heckert and Mangini continue on with their work in progress ...

Zombo

LINK

If this was the case, I wish they would have suspended him for 6 weeks, then cut him.

Why give this jackass the glory of having ESPN talk about him for the next few weeks and give him a chance to jump on a playoff team and make a run for it?

I feel so bad for the people that brought the food in for the players. I can't even imagine what they would feel like. Being all excited to get to serve your local pro football team, then getting there and being treated like trash. I'm actually surprised some of the guys on the team didn't knock him out.

Pro Bowl receiver in Madden

Was that back in the day when more than half of the time a WR would catch a 70-yard bomb while double covered?

I used to royally piss people off with that play.

It is ironic that play gets described in a thread about Moss.. whose singular talent is doing exactly that. He's easily one of the most gifted receivers to ever play the game.

I hope the Bengals pick him up. TO, Ocho, and Moss in the same uniform. Good luck with that.

LINK

wow. i didn't think i could dislike a guy more after reading an article, but this put me over the top on this ahole. too bad someone didn't have the guts to shove some food in his face. oh and i doubt 'government cheese' ever tasted that good. ungrateful prick.

He quit in Oakland, he quit on the Vikings and obviously he was a problem at New England this year-----now tell me again why we want him on our team???

Once a quitter always a quitter.............

Peace

T.Dawg

I thought about it for a second. Now, no way. We just beat the SB champs without him. Fook em.

Yeah cause developing our wrs have worked well.

Its so weird, we all knew we wouldnt . Seems like some fans try to justiify things by bashing a hall of fame wr.

I'm just saying, we could have signed him and waived him also.

Ok let me guesss me shouldn't have interest in sean merriman cause why? Oh that's right cause we can't handle talented players

Yeah cause developing our wrs have worked well.

Its so weird, we all knew we wouldnt . Seems like some fans try to justiify things by bashing a hall of fame wr.

I'm just saying, we could have signed him and waived him also.

Ok let me guesss me shouldn't have interest in sean merriman cause why? Oh that's right cause we can't handle talented players

that's not it all. if you read the article (provided by THECLEVELANDSOUND in another thread about this) you'll note that most descrips (from the authors) of why teams wouldn't take a chance on him: a lot of terms were used like cancer, malcontent, disruptive....................is that who you want to come in and have your young players look up to and your veteran players look down at? hell no.

I forgot ur right we have eric barton, neber mind silly me..

alright reb i'm not going to get into with you cuz i know how nasty it can get. let's just say that a lot of people in the league with a lot more knowledge of football than both of us agree that this guys an asshole. sure some teams will jump all over this but why do we have to? we all know that wr is a huge position of weakness on this team, but we're not going to the playoffs and the cost is too high. why not let the front office do it the way they have been and do it through the draft and free agency. (depending how long thew off, off season will be!)

I really only get nasty with other teams fans...

I'm just sexually frustrated with the lack of production of our wrs.

In the off season we didn't do anything, we didn't want vincent jackson or randy moss.

Browns fans rule, even though I disagree most the time. I'm just a spoiled yankee fan so that explains some of my thought process.

Archived