THE BROWNS BOARD

Obamacare R.I.P.

Mr. T

Nov. 2 is the nation's referendum on Obamacare. No other issue has so polarized the public and shed light on the policy failings of the left. The midterm elections represent the last, best hope for millions of Americans who don't want to see the health care law's most onerous provisions ever take effect.

While the president's veto power increases the difficulty of a complete repeal, Republican control of the House - and perhaps the Senate - certainly would deflate Mr. Obama's Democratic dreams. The Internal Revenue Service, for example, needs an estimated $10 billion to raise a well-equipped army of agents 16,500 strong to implement the individual health care mandate penalties. The congressional power of the purse is sufficient to send that agency into retreat.

"Fall back" has been the most-heard cry on the campaign trail this season. Erstwhile Obamacare devotees have traded their hope-and-change banners for the white flag, ducking the issue and refusing to list votes in favor of Obamacare among their accomplishments. Rory Reid, Democratic gubernatorial candidate for Nevada and son of endangered Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, said the health care bill his father pushed through the Senate is riddled with problems. "There is potential for it to put significant pressure on states because Medicaid rates could go up significantly," Reid the Younger admitted in a debate.

West Virginia governor and Democratic Senate nominee Joe Manchin went from enthusiastically endorsing Obamacare in the spring to conceding the scheme needs to be overhauled. "There's a lot wrong in that bill that West Virginians and myself don't agree with," Mr. Manchin told The Washington Times' Kerry Picket. His about-face stopped short of a full repeal, however. "It doesn't have to be totally repealed unless you totally try to fix it," he said.

Perhaps the most comprehensive critique can be found in "Fresh Medicine," a new book by Tennessee Gov. Phil Bredesen, a Democrat. In a year in which he isn't even running for re-election, Mr. Bredesen pulls few punches. "Congress and the Obama administration have just added over 30 million people into an obsolete and broken system and done little to address the underlying problems; in multiple ways, they've made them worse," he wrote. "Worse" is an understatement. Lower quality health care, higher costs, more complexity and more regulations would be Obamacare's legacy.

The American people have a chance to stop it from happening. Just as the drubbing of congressional Democrats in 1994 in the wake of the Clinton gun ban has kept overt gun-control measures out of the national spotlight, the 2010 drubbing could kill the desire for health care nationalization once and for all. Already, 71 percent of voters in Missouri have approved a ballot measure that will block implementation of Obamacare at the state level. Big votes tomorrow on similar constitutional amendments in Arizona, Colorado and Oklahoma will make it clear once and for all that Obamacare is not long for this world.

Editorial Here

Not enough wins to repeal or repair.

WSS

But we are in a step in the right direction. Our only hope will be in the courts.

The next 2 months will be interesting to see if all these lame ducks pass cap n trade. If so everyone of all classes will be screwed.

All said and done, Obamaocare is on the ropes in the courts, and despite not having a majority

in the Senate, I see more Dems becoming more inclined to repeal Obamaocare for the sake of THEIR careers,

because I can see the Dems up for re-election from our back porch. @@

BTW, every single state wide election.... was won by a Republican in Ohio. Without exception.

And our new Republican Attorney General said one of the first things he's going to do, is JOIN THE OTHER

TWENTY OR SO STATES who are suing to stop the unConstitution mandate to demand Americans buy hc.

I believe the states will win.

What a huge, gigantic bunch of wins for the Republicans.

Not enough wins to repeal or repair.

WSS

They can certainly get a repeal bill through the House Steve, and I think they'll try. Senate may be dicey- some Dems up for reelection in two years fearing for their political lives may side with the Republicans. Obama vetoes a kill bill, he's signed his own political death sentence.

BTW, it could be interesting- there's enough opposition to Obamacare in the House that there's one thing they can do- and that's just not fund the booger.

They can certainly get a repeal bill through the House Steve, and I think they'll try. Senate may be dicey- some Dems up for reelection in two years fearing for their political lives may side with the Republicans. Obama vetoes a kill bill, he's signed his own political death sentence.

BTW, it could be interesting- there's enough opposition to Obamacare in the House that there's one thing they can do- and that's just not fund the booger.

Well that was Nancy's battle cry four years ago, to de fund the war.

Then dead silence.

I don't expect anything of substance though you're right it's a possibility.

What I expect is something (DOA) from the house and a big big display of demagoguurie :wacko: as the remaining Dems kill it off.

Personally I think enough insurco money changed hands to keep the interstate sales to stay in the Feds control.

And the trial lawyers and unions won't allow any real change to come to pass.

We'll see.

WSS

Also the part that gets the most resistance is the public mandate.

That's one of the few things I like about it.........

WSS

:wacko:

Hey it's a service.

A valueable one that requires expertise.

And it does and should cost money if we want it.

It's unfortunate that we've become of the opinipon that we're entitled to everything we want.

There's a big difference between somebody truly destitute and somebody who makes 50K and just doesn't want to pay.

Not to mention that though they're demonized for daring to make a profit Insurcos emplow lots of people and pay a great deal to investors.

Evil greedy investors like me you Heck and grandma.

WSS

Is mandate the same thing as being forced to buy hc insurance with gov mandated guidelines?

Then it's wrong. The gov simply needs to OFFER a simple program that people who need some affordable hc insurance,

CAN buy it with what $$$ they do have.

REQUIRING everybody to BUY IT is stupid. Fine them because they can't afford to buy it?

"sigh" It's fall.

Is mandate the same thing as being forced to buy hc insurance with gov mandated guidelines?

Well all insurance has government guidelines.

But I guess the answer is yes, like car insurance.

Then it's wrong. The gov simply needs to OFFER a simple program that people who need some affordable hc insurance,

Disagree.

Here's why.

With a govt program subsidized by tax money the insurcos won't be able to compete and pay dividends.

That's an inportant part of it.

Ever notice how bad the post office sucks and how you'd use somebody else to deliver mail if you were allowed to?

I figure they can make a stripped down version for really poor people.

CAN buy it with what $$$ they do have.

Well I think if it's mandated the companies will compete for basic coverage packages.

Like the auto ins does.

REQUIRING everybody to BUY IT is stupid. Fine them because they can't afford to buy it?

Not a matter of can or can't afford it.

The gang I mentioned makingat won't spend the money costs us all.

With them in the pool rates ought to be lower.

WSS

"sigh" It's fall.

Archived