THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns chances this weekend?

flutie66

hey all, pats fan here. im not too familiar with the browns this season (although i did watch you guys beat the saints, nice work), so i was wondering what everyone here thought the odds of beating the pats are this weekend. who, in your minds, are the elite teams this year (if any)? being uninformed, i think my pats should win handily on sunday, but i would like the opinions of the local fans for perspective

good luck! no injuries!

the NE sports fans are more obnoxious than even yankee fans (sorry wrrebel). talk about preppie posh posers. it's fun to watch a guy with a cardigan tied around his neck rooting for his sports team like he's some MMA champ.

BROWNS 17

PATS 13

THROW THAT IN YOUR CHOWDA patsy.

hmm not quite what i was expecting there. probably shouldnt go to tourtured fans and ask their opinion i guess

OK....here's five reasons why the Browns could beat the Pats

1. No deep threat. We cover shallow routes well. Brandon Tate doesn't scare me any more than the Saints receivers

2. The Browns offensive line has handled two defensive fronts better than yours in the last two weeks and done well.

3. Peyton Hillis. If he ran all over the Ravens he can run all over you. Time of possession is key.

4. Special Teams. Ours are as good as anyone's.

5. Bill is always good for a brain fart here and there against Eric because Eric is in his head.

Bonus: You will be one dimensional on Sunday. The Browns have allowed one 100 yard rusher this season and a chunk of his yards came on one play and he was under 3 yards a carry otherwise.

That's obviously the best case scenario. There's certainly reasons why we won't win....but we can be optimists until 1pm Sunday.

the NE sports fans are more obnoxious than even yankee fans (sorry wrrebel). talk about preppie posh posers. it's fun to watch a guy with a cardigan tied around his neck rooting for his sports team like he's some MMA champ.

BROWNS 17

PATS 13

THROW THAT IN YOUR CHOWDA patsy.

actually the yuppies youre refering to are probably from Connecticut. in which case, most of those people tend to be giants fans or yankees fans... so....

actually the yuppies youre refering to are probably from Connecticut. in which case, most of those people tend to be giants fans or yankees fans... so....

i lived there for 6 years so....it's not like i don't know. i remember being at a sports bar when the celtics, sox and bruins were playing at the same time on tv. the girls had bigger hair than those from jersey and the guys didn't know which chad they were talking to. (now i'm not talking south boston or roxbury here.....obviously)

OK....here's five reasons why the Browns could beat the Pats

1. No deep threat. We cover shallow routes well. Brandon Tate doesn't scare me any more than the Saints receivers

2. The Browns offensive line has handled two defensive fronts better than yours in the last two weeks and done well.

3. Peyton Hillis. If he ran all over the Ravens he can run all over you. Time of possession is key.

4. Special Teams. Ours are as good as anyone's.

5. Bill is always good for a brain fart here and there against Eric because Eric is in his head.

Bonus: You will be one dimensional on Sunday. The Browns have allowed one 100 yard rusher this season and a chunk of his yards came on one play and he was under 3 yards a carry otherwise.

That's obviously the best case scenario. There's certainly reasons why we won't win....but we can be optimists until 1pm Sunday.

good points. i agree any given sunday of course, but i have a few disagreements:

2. our dline arent a bouch of slouches. they arent the best, but they are very stout against the run

3. while i agree the ravens have a very good front, they allowed danny woodhead (who, you say?) to average 5.5 ypc in our game against them this year. on the other hand. our front has faced adrian peterson, LT, cj spiller, marshon lynch, ricky williams, ronnie brown and ray rice, and our run d is still ranked 9th.

4. special teams. ours are better

5. i can give you this, and i also think this matchup of former coaches aspect means more to mangini than bb. they have long since parted ways, and mangini has largely proven wasnt ready for the task.

bonus: our defense has yet to allow a 100-yard rusher. period.

good points. i agree any given sunday of course, but i have a few disagreements:

2. our dline arent a bouch of slouches. they arent the best, but they are very stout against the run

3. while i agree the ravens have a very good front, they allowed danny woodhead (who, you say?) to average 5.5 ypc in our game against them this year. on the other hand. our front has faced adrian peterson, LT, cj spiller, marshon lynch, ricky williams, ronnie brown and ray rice, and our run d is still ranked 9th.

5. i can give you this, and i also think this matchup of former coaches aspect means more to mangini than bb. they have long since parted ways, and mangini has largely proven wasnt ready for the task.

2. False. Gerrard Warren? C'MON MAN!

3. AP, LT are good. The rest...average.

4. We have Joshua Cribbs. You have....

5. Nothing like a good old grudge to bring the best out in people. Bill Bellichek is still pissed about spygate, you can bet your ass on that.

Bonus: Our defense has given up one rushing TD all season.

Double bonus: Peyton Hillis (our RB) has scored a TD in 6 of the last 7 games.

Look....I am not going to say the guy is great, but just because Warren didn't meet the expectations some of us had doesn't mean he hasn't been a good DT in this league.

He has been around for what....10 years now?He's been with 3-4 teams and started for all. That right there says he isn't a slouch.

No, he wasn't our Mean Joe Green, but he has been a viable player in this league long enough to forget calling the guy a bust. He's a good player.

Look....I am not going to say the guy is great, but just because Warren didn't meet the expectations some of us had doesn't mean he hasn't been a good DT in this league.

He has been around for what....10 years now?He's been with 3-4 teams and started for all. That right there says he isn't a slouch.

No, he wasn't our Mean Joe Green, but he has been a viable player in this league long enough to forget calling the guy a bust. He's a good player.

Someone has a hard on for big money...

I'm just messin yeah he's decent but I still wouldn't want him back.

Never said I wanted him back.

No doubt he hasn't played to a 3rd overall pick level.

Had he been selected in the 28th or 36th slot, nobody would complain about a guy who has started 10 years.

It's not his fault he was selected when he was...though I do agree he hasn't lived up since all the projections had him as a top 5 pick, so it is hard to fault the Browns for taking him when they did. Had they not, Warren wouldn't have lasted another 2 picks, so it's hard to say we reached.

I look at it that some drafts are better than others....a top player this year might not be a top player next year or the year before.

3. AP, LT are good. The rest...average.

4. We have Joshua Cribbs. You have....

5. Nothing like a good old grudge to bring the best out in people. Bill Bellichek is still pissed about spygate, you can bet your ass on that.

Bonus: Our defense has given up one rushing TD all season.

Double bonus: Peyton Hillis (our RB) has scored a TD in 6 of the last 7 games.

2. gerrad warren is coming along. ron brace proved he can set the edge quite nicely, and wilfork has been playing all over and has to be one of the bets defensive players in the league (definitely on the pats)

3. ap, lt are pretty good, the rest... better than hillis

4. brandon tate has 2 tds on kickoffs so far and has one of the best averages in the league. we have a blocked punt, a blocked fg, a kicker who consistently forces kickoffs for touchbacks is on a 10 fg streak and is the most accurate kicker in patriots history (yes, more accurate than adam v) and one of the most accurate in nfl history. how many tds does cribbs have on returns so far? o ya, our rooke punter zoltan "master of the universe" mesko, when he does see the field, with his huge leg is a big reason why we are third in the league in net punting yards (avg 40.6 per punt)

5. noone in new england cares about "spygate" anymore, and bill was the first to get over it. since "spygate" the pats are 42-12. i dont think he cares

bonus: our defense has steadily improved each week, and i expect them to take a big jump against the browns offense.

double bonus: our defense (dispite all those backs i mentioned with a nose for the endzone) has only allowed 3 rushing tds all season

2. I wasn't talking about your d-line but rather your FRONT. They're not any better than Pittsburgh or Baltimore or New Orleans. That's all I said.

3. Danny Woodhead. Yes, I know the man well. I've seen him several times in person. He's a pro that warms your heart. He's also 5'7' and isn't going to stand up to the pounding. Danny Woodhead is a kid to root for in this league no matter who your team is. He isn't necessarily going to put you over the top.

4. This statement is simply moronic. I am not even going to grace that with a response.

5. Don't kid yourself, it means a TON to Bill Belichick. Recent history has proven to us why Bill didn't want to see Eric go to the Jets. The last time these two met you had Welker, Ben Watson, Faulk AND Moss and Mangini's Jets beat you in your building on national TV. Your coach got outcoached into ridiculous challenges, personnel mismatches and squandered his time outs. Bill's just a little nervous when Mangini rolls into town. Amongst the Belichick coaching tree, Mangini's track record is better than Romeo's and Charlie Weis'. I'll take him in a big game over Josh McDaniels any day.

bonus: point taken but there's always a first...

2. I wasn't talking about your d-line but rather your FRONT. They're not any better than Pittsburgh or Baltimore or New Orleans. That's all I said.

3. Danny Woodhead. Yes, I know the man well. I've seen him several times in person. He's a pro that warms your heart. He's also 5'7' and isn't going to stand up to the pounding. Danny Woodhead is a kid to root for in this league no matter who your team is. He isn't necessarily going to put you over the top.

4. This statement is simply moronic. I am not even going to grace that with a response.

5. Don't kid yourself, it means a TON to Bill Belichick. Recent history has proven to us why Bill didn't want to see Eric go to the Jets. The last time these two met you had Welker, Ben Watson, Faulk AND Moss and Mangini's Jets beat you in your building on national TV. Your coach got outcoached into ridiculous challenges, personnel mismatches and squandered his time outs. Bill's just a little nervous when Mangini rolls into town. Amongst the Belichick coaching tree, Mangini's track record is better than Romeo's and Charlie Weis'. I'll take him in a big game over Josh McDaniels any day.

bonus: point taken but there's always a first...

3. he managed to stand up pretty well to the ravens front 7. he shouldnt take too many big hits in his career and if he does it wont be along one. not saying hes the savior either, but he does play the very effective kevin faulk role excellent.

4. did you read my post about our special teams? i just checked and your team still doesnt have a special teams td blocked punt or blocked fg. your fg kicked is9 for 11 which is excellent, but i think thats all youve done this season on special teams

4. did you read my post about our special teams? i just checked and your team still doesnt have a special teams td blocked punt or blocked fg. your fg kicked is9 for 11 which is excellent, but i think thats all youve done this season on special teams

I thought you said you watched the Saints game.

Hodges has a knack for pinning teams inside the 10 yard line, probably leads the league. Many times its inside the 5. And he averages over 60 yards a carry :)

Cribbs is a threat and everyone knows it, thats why they kick away from him now. Hard to score when there kicking it out of the endzone or kicking away from him. But will hurt you other ways, if you watched the Saints game you seen Eric Wright almost score on the lateral pass from Cribbs.

Im pretty sure we have blocked a FG, I believe it was against Kansas City. Dawson is clutch, wind, snow, rain, no problem. Coverage teams are dominant, you will see

This is the Patsy Fans i deal with all week here in Mass all of them have there Fukin Head stuck in there ass after 4pm On sunday they wont talk shit anymore Overated Fuking camera taping AHOLES Lets go Brows I have been taking shit all week from these asholes This is my house Patsie Fans Respect Us browns Fans and Our team Or maybe we will Just send MARSHA BRADY And his Gay haircut on his BACK GO BROWNS.

I thought you said you watched the Saints game.

Hodges has a knack for pinning teams inside the 10 yard line, probably leads the league. Many times its inside the 5. And he averages over 60 yards a carry :)

Cribbs is a threat and everyone knows it, thats why they kick away from him now. Hard to score when there kicking it out of the endzone or kicking away from him. But will hurt you other ways, if you watched the Saints game you seen Eric Wright almost score on the lateral pass from Cribbs.

Im pretty sure we have blocked a FG, I believe it was against Kansas City. Dawson is clutch, wind, snow, rain, no problem. Coverage teams are dominant, you will see

Dont waste your time alot of the Pats fans around here are Wagon Jumpers screw them Better not to say anything they wont show up after the Game I have 6 Guys already calling in sick for work on Monday Buncha Wimps Know im oing to give them crap when the browns beat that ass.

2. gerrad warren is coming along. ron brace proved he can set the edge quite nicely, and wilfork has been playing all over and has to be one of the bets defensive players in the league (definitely on the pats)

3. ap, lt are pretty good, the rest... better than hillis

4. brandon tate has 2 tds on kickoffs so far and has one of the best averages in the league. we have a blocked punt, a blocked fg, a kicker who consistently forces kickoffs for touchbacks is on a 10 fg streak and is the most accurate kicker in patriots history (yes, more accurate than adam v) and one of the most accurate in nfl history. how many tds does cribbs have on returns so far? o ya, our rooke punter zoltan "master of the universe" mesko, when he does see the field, with his huge leg is a big reason why we are third in the league in net punting yards (avg 40.6 per punt)

5. noone in new england cares about "spygate" anymore, and bill was the first to get over it. since "spygate" the pats are 42-12. i dont think he cares

bonus: our defense has steadily improved each week, and i expect them to take a big jump against the browns offense.

double bonus: our defense (dispite all those backs i mentioned with a nose for the endzone) has only allowed 3 rushing tds all season

2. I am not familiar with Brace. Wilfork is good ill give you that.

3. Apparently you don't watch alot of football accept for your own team, because Hillis has been in the top 10 fantasy running backs all year...you have to be good for that. Not just an endzone back.

4. Once again, you must not watch alot of football because 6 out of the 7 kickers this year have kicked away or tried to kick away from Cribbs this year because of his already acclaimed hall of fame status. Nice try. The Browns haven't allowed a special teams TD since 2008, and before that, 2004.

5. This is a mute point.

Bonus: You know nothing about the Cleveland Browns

Double Bonus: We will have 2 rushing TDs against you this week.

Dont waste your time alot of the Pats fans around here are Wagon Jumpers screw them Better not to say anything they wont show up after the Game I have 6 Guys already calling in sick for work on Monday Buncha Wimps Know im oing to give them crap when the browns beat that ass.

regardless what percentage of a teams fans a bandwagoners (and i assume youre basing that on nothing), i am not. im not trolling (if you think im bad you should see the crap we put up with on my board). as for your confidence in the outcome, id love to be able to place a wager with you on the game. getting back to my original post, i think only 1 or 2 people have actually given me any kind of analysis. your fan base doenst know football or what? cmon guys lets talk football

2. I am not familiar with Brace. Wilfork is good ill give you that.

3. Apparently you don't watch alot of football accept for your own team, because Hillis has been in the top 10 fantasy running backs all year...you have to be good for that. Not just an endzone back.

4. Once again, you must not watch alot of football because 6 out of the 7 kickers this year have kicked away or tried to kick away from Cribbs this year because of his already acclaimed hall of fame status. Nice try. The Browns haven't allowed a special teams TD since 2008, and before that, 2004.

5. This is a mute point.

Bonus: You know nothing about the Cleveland Browns

Double Bonus: We will have 2 rushing TDs against you this week.

3. i watch every game that is available to me each week, and i stream others. your team is ranked 22nd in yards per carry (http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing/sort/yardsPerRushAttempt) hillis is 17th in the league in rushing (good, not great)

4. i watch alot of football, but i tend to not watch the browns because, as you must agree, they dont play many relevant games in the afc.

5. it is a moot point. that was my point

bonus: you may not know as much as you think about your team

regardless what percentage of a teams fans a bandwagoners (and i assume youre basing that on nothing), i am not. im not trolling (if you think im bad you should see the crap we put up with on my board). as for your confidence in the outcome, id love to be able to place a wager with you on the game. getting back to my original post, i think only 1 or 2 people have actually given me any kind of analysis. your fan base doenst know football or what? cmon guys lets talk football

We don't owe you analysis because you walk in here on Tuesday talking out of your ass. We'll get to it. In the meantime, find the "Shift" key.

Zombo

LOL Its not a good Idea to be near me on Sunday at all lol all 16 Guys will be here at 10 Am I will fire up the Grill Fresh Venision steaks,Lots of beer and Lots of Fights lol Good Luck cya at the DawgPound GO BROWNS.FYI I live on the cape.

Archived