THE BROWNS BOARD

WOW!! MUST BE A SLOW WEEK...

miktoxic

The fine was $20K which takes his total fines to $100K for the year. He also got called to the principal's office. He had to fly to the NFLCommissioner's office on Tuesday for a face-to-face meeting with the Commish. After the meeting, Harrison reportedly said the meeting was "semi productive". That should get the commishioner on his side....NOT!!!! My bet is Harrison's next fine will include a suspension.

The fine was $20K which takes his total fines to $100K for the year. He also got called to the principal's office. He had to fly to the NFL Commissioner's office on Tuesday for a face-to-face meeting with the Commish. After the meeting, Harrison reportedly said the meeting was "semi productive". That should get the commissioner on his side....NOT!!!! My bet is Harrison's next fine will include a suspension.

Where's the Steeler crybabies now claiming "it was a clean hit?" Their resident goon could kill someone, and "it's all part of the game- to them". The Browns got flagged for touching Brees helmet a fraction of a second too late.

You can bet Jimmie's running scared when he has to let Polly-moo-moo do his bitching against the commish for him.

His meeting with Goodell went something like this- "Hi James, we ain't tolerating your shit no mo'. So next time, we gonna sit your homey ass down for a game- without pay, and fine you another fifty grand- you got it through that thick head of yours? Probably not. So next time it will be four games, and if that still doesn't get your attention, I'm gonna kick your ass out of the league for a year, just like I did with Pacman Jones."

Lol.....even cookie on the fan (Pugh talk sports) bashed Jimmy and said he needs to learn to tackle.

Pretty bad cause a dissenting opinion is rare from the local cronies. May he cry himself into retirement

74% of country and 60% of Ohio says Harrison is just physical, not dirty.

I think I have to repost the story of my 13 year old niece being less of a wussy than some of you on here.

Where's the Steeler crybabies now claiming "it was a clean hit?" Their resident goon could kill someone, and "it's all part of the game- to them". The Browns got flagged for touching Brees helmet a fraction of a second too late.

You can bet Jimmie's running scared when he has to let Polly-moo-moo do his bitching against the commish for him.

His meeting with Goodell went something like this- "Hi James, we ain't tolerating your shit no mo'. So next time, we gonna sit your homey ass down for a game- without pay, and fine you another fifty grand- you got it through that thick head of yours? Probably not. So next time it will be four games, and if that still doesn't get your attention, I'm gonna kick your ass out of the league for a year, just like I did with Pacman Jones."

State of Ohio proves it' the wussiest place in the planet.

So we have had Cribbs and Hillis come out and defend Harrison. We have had other offensive and defensive players from all over the league defend Harrison. Now we have proof even the casual fans say Harrison isn't dirty, just physical. This board still tells themselves they are right. This board has no balls.

So we have had Cribbs and Hillis come out and defend Harrison. We have had other offensive and defensive players from all over the league defend Harrison. Now we have proof even the casual fans say Harrison isn't dirty, just physical. This board still tells themselves they are right. This board has no balls.

The NFL still tells us that Harrison was wrong.

hey man, how's the air up there on your pedestal? What an internet tough guy you are. Furthermore, you're basing the opinion of everyone who posts here on a few outspoken people. In the real world that's called stereotyping, and that's a bad trait to have.

hey man, how's the air up there on your pedestal? What an internet tough guy you are. Furthermore, you're basing the opinion of everyone who posts here on a few outspoken people. In the real world that's called stereotyping, and that's a bad trait to have.

I typically distinguish between the entire board and the idiots who are most prevelant on this board. If you aren't one of the wussies who are always whining about the Steelers then you have nothing to worry about. As you can see from most of the above posts a lot of people from this board whine about Harrison. Props to you if you are a fan of true Browns football and if you do more cheering in the Browns favor opposed to whining about other teams/players.

We don't give a sheit about him. The NFL has over 100K of his money. That is all that needs to be said about him. It don't matter what 60% of Ohio or pussy assholes like you think about him. He has been adjudicated a cheapshot artist by the only forum that counts: the league.

We don't give a sheit about him. The NFL has over 100K of his money. That is all that needs to be said about him. It don't matter what 60% of Ohio or pussy assholes like you think about him. He has been adjudicated a cheapshot artist by the only forum that counts: the league.

The "well Goodell says so" argument is very weak, it's not much of an argument at all.

Current and former players from all positions, both offense and defensense, are strongly opposed to what Goodell considers a dangerous hit. Goodell has never played football on the same level as the players.

Goodell is not worried about what's best for the players. If he was he would take into account their opinions. Instead he ignores them. Goodell is just worred about money. Talk of a Super Bowl being played in London came from this guy. He wants to make the players play 18 games. He understands 18 games is going to be a lot for the player's bodies to handle so he is softening up the game. Players would rather play under the current rules and stick to 16 games. Goodell doesn't care. He is looking for more money.

So while you continue to be a yes man for a guy who only wants your money, the league and players will continue to be dragged against their will to whereever the money is at. I am not going to support a Commish just because he punishes players of rival teams for playing football. I don't make threads and cheer everytime a rival player gets fined for a hit the rulebook says is legal.

The people who play the game know more about football than a man who is looking for more money and has been surronded by businessmen, lawyers and politicians his entire adult life. The players are the ones who are affected by the rules, let them have the most say in what the rules they have to play by are. Leave the greedy businessman with only a childhood experience of football out of it.

The "well Goodell says so" argument is very weak, it's not much of an argument at all.

Actually, it is ALL the argument that is necessary, because as I said, his is the ONLY opinion that counts.

Game, set, match

So while you continue to be a yes man for a guy who only wants your money, the league and players will continue to be dragged against their will to whereever the money is at. I

The people who play the game know more about football than a man who is looking for more money

If that were the case, then the NFLPA would be challenging all these fines. To my knowledge, they are not.

dpoy, are you seriously telling me that you're surprised that >60% of the states that contain your team's division rivals think of him as a dirty player? I guarantee if he was a Raven, those 60% states would be Ohio and PA. Get off your high horse.

That poll ended with 40% of Ohio saying he is dirty and 60% he is just a physical player. I'm not surprised Ohio and Maryland were the two highest percents saying he is dirty. But when you throw divison rival biased aside overall that poll got just over 84,000 votes with 74% of all people saying he is physical with just 26% saying he is dirty. That's a very wide margin for such a large sample. I'm not surprised people overwhelmingly consider Harrison a physical, not dirty, player.

hey the rules have changed (or actually just getting enforced now) so get over it. has the game changed in the last 2 weeks? i don't see any skirts on the players as you might have suggested.

Better tell that to all the players who don't like all this BS. They are the ones who actually have to play the game so it affects them way more than it does me.

Better tell that to all the players who don't like all this BS. They are the ones who actually have to play the game so it affects them way more than it does me.

Who cares what the players think? They are hired hands and can be cut at any moment. If they don't like the BS the NFL imposes on them, they can go play in the Arena League.

It really is more or less as simple as that. Sure, in many areas matters have to be resolved through collective bargaining....but in this situation, that matter has been resolved. The Commissioners office has complete control and authority over the conduct of the games being played, including over the implementation of the rules that are in place through the officiating process; and, the Commissioners office has complete authority over disciplinary procedures for the enforcement of those rules.

Do I like all of it? Hell no. But that is the way it is. And opinion polls of fans don't mean a cabbage fart when it comes to this issue....and the only thing less relevent than the fan's opinions are the player's opinions.

Who cares what the players think? They are hired hands and can be cut at any moment. If they don't like the BS the NFL imposes on them, they can go play in the Arena League.

It really is more or less as simple as that. Sure, in many areas matters have to be resolved through collective bargaining....but in this situation, that matter has been resolved. The Commissioners office has complete control and authority over the conduct of the games being played, including over the implementation of the rules that are in place through the officiating process; and, the Commissioners office has complete authority over disciplinary procedures for the enforcement of those rules.

Do I like all of it? Hell no. But that is the way it is. And opinion polls of fans don't mean a cabbage fart when it comes to this issue....and the only thing less relevent than the fan's opinions are the player's opinions.

Good point. Who cares about the people who actually are affected by the rules and risk their own health and spend countless hours training and preparing. :rolleyes:

Goodell knows the NFL is a monoply when it comes to pro football. He is the boss but that doesn't make him the omnipotent dictator. Goodell thinks the players are stuck under his reign and they have to do what he says. The problem is that it is true.

The players are the reason the league exists. Goodell is making a huge mistake in telling players their opinions don't matter. The NFL will always have the worlds best players because it's the only league of it's kind on the planet. But there are plenty of other sports fans can and will turn to if the NFL turns to crap...Look what putting money first got MLB, NBA and Nascar....I don't want to see the NFL turn into that.

Archived