THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the AFC North

Zombo

Eric Mangini is not unlike Bill Belichick in 2001. Former wonderboy coach struggling in his his second year of his second job. Difference is, Mangini won two out of three years in New York, while Bellichick lost four out five in Cleveland.

Colt McCoy is not unlike Tom Brady in 2001. Later round backup who gets his shot through an injury opportunity and impresses everyone with his skills and poise. Difference is, McCoy is a rookie who was a collegiate star, winning more NCAA games than any QB in history, while Brady was a second-year pro that wasn't even a full-time starter in college.

The Patriots struck gold in 2001. Belichick proved he was the real deal, Tom Brady became a star, and the team won three Super Bowls in four years. Now, on Sunday, Eric Mangin and Colt McCoy will try to strike gold by bringing down the mighty Patriots after bouncing the Super Bowl Champion Saints in their last outing.

But are the Patriots really that "mighty" anymore?

2004 was a long time ago. What do we know about the Patriots of today?

Let's see ... they haven't won a championship in six years. When Eric Mangini was coaching their defense they were one of the most fearsome D's in all of the land ... now Belichick's defense is ranked #28. (#28!) Their leading rusher is one of those interchangeable "divorcee" running backs with the hyphenated names, and their leading receiver is a tight end named Hernandez. Their All-Pro Guard uncharacteristicly held out against the establishment for the entire schedule up until now and Tom Brady has grown his hair longer than Tiny Canadian Pussy Douche on steroids and turned himself into ... Brady Gaga.

The Patriots have become gay ... just like their fans have always been.

Their defense is soft, their quarterback went Hollywood (West Hollywood), and even Belichick is starting to look like a Village person in his hoodie with the cutoff arms.

But, you say, they're 6-1, atop everyone's "Power Rankings". Power rankings are absolutely useless garbage. The Pats have split with the two teams with winning records in their division this year, Miami and the Jets. Against Buffalo (Buffalo!) they gave 374 yards of offense and 30 points before pulling the win out in the 4th quarter. Outside of the divison they squeeked out a home win versus Baltimore and beat three other teams with a combined record of 7-15, none of them impressively.

They are soft and ready to stumble. And there is a trap door just waiting for them in Cleveland. The question is ... do Mangini and Colt move on to greatness? At least we damn well know Colt won't get a Mrs. Brady haircut.

Miami at Baltimore 1 PM

The Dolphins have seemingly moved into the AFC North at midseason. So far they have beaten Cincinnati and got robbed of victory versus Pittsburgh. Now it's on to Baltimore and a tough road task. Although the Phins have been road warriors all year, I see them falling short this week by a blocked field goal. RAVENS 23 DOLPHINS 20

New England at Cleveland 1 PM

Colt McCoy gets his third straight start and perhaps a chance to win the job for good if he has a big game against the Pats. He played well against the Steelers and Saints, and should hold up fine against the Pats ... but Peyton Hillis will be the story. After two weeks to heal his sore wheels, Hillis will be a man possessed against the Pats front seven. I'm thinking 150+ and two TDs. And Mangini's secondary picks off Brady Gaga at least twice. BROWNS 24 PATRIOTS 16

Pittsburgh at Cincinnati 8 PM Monday Night Football

The Steelers are not as good as their 5-2 mark and the Bungles are better than their 2-5 mark, but you throw out the records anyway when it comes to the Ohio River Rivalry. This is the Super Bowl for the Bengals ... if they lose they blow up and they have a new coach and two new wide receivers next year ... and that's just the start. But I think this team has one more moment of greatness in it ... and who better to bring it out than the Steelers? Big Day for Palmer and lots of sacks of Ben BUNGLES 33 STEELERS 17

Zombo

"Brady Gaga" is sheer brilliance. I knew there were some really good reasons to make this my home again... and Zombo's reports are definitely on that list.

I didn't come up with it ... but I politely told the guy I was going to steal it.

Zombo

Welcome Back Browns ... let's roll.

I'm with ya, Skippy.

Even though the record doesn't show it yet, this may be my favorite Browns team since the re-emergence.

It's definitely the best blocking, and the best tackling. And the most disciplined.

And it's like no other team. Our stars are a white running back, a black punter and linebacker who thinks he is Japanese.

The defense is shaping up, we can run the ball ... imagine if we had NFL receivers.

I love the rookies Haden and Ward, we have a future on the offensive line, and the big bonus would be if Colt McCoy turned out to be "the guy". But we're not going to put those expectations on him yet, we are going to go out and win a football game.

Zombo

Colt McCoy gets his third straight start and perhaps a chance to win the job for good if he has a big game against the Pats. He played well against the Steelers and Saints, and should hold up fine against the Pats ... but Peyton Hillis will be the story. After two weeks to heal his sore wheels, Hillis will be a man possessed against the Pats front seven. I'm thinking 150+ and two TDs. And Mangini's secondary picks off Brady Gaga at least twice. BROWNS 24 PATRIOTS 16

Zombo

Brilliant......I'm gonna start making a few bucks off your predictions....you have a time machine don't you

Eric Mangini is not unlike Bill Belichick in 2001. Former wonderboy coach struggling in his his second year of his second job. Difference is, Mangini won two out of three years in New York, while Bellichick lost four out five in Cleveland.

Colt McCoy is not unlike Tom Brady in 2001. Later round backup who gets his shot through an injury opportunity and impresses everyone with his skills and poise. Difference is, McCoy is a rookie who was a collegiate star, winning more NCAA games than any QB in history, while Brady was a second-year pro that wasn't even a full-time starter in college.

The Patriots struck gold in 2001. Belichick proved he was the real deal, Tom Brady became a star, and the team won three Super Bowls in four years. Now, on Sunday, Eric Mangin and Colt McCoy will try to strike gold by bringing down the mighty Patriots after bouncing the Super Bowl Champion Saints in their last outing.

But are the Patriots really that "mighty" anymore?

2004 was a long time ago. What do we know about the Patriots of today?

Let's see ... they haven't won a championship in six years. When Eric Mangini was coaching their defense they were one of the most fearsome D's in all of the land ... now Belichick's defense is ranked #28. (#28!) Their leading rusher is one of those interchangeable "divorcee" running backs with the hyphenated names, and their leading receiver is a tight end named Hernandez. Their All-Pro Guard uncharacteristicly held out against the establishment for the entire schedule up until now and Tom Brady has grown his hair longer than Tiny Canadian Pussy Douche on steroids and turned himself into ... Brady Gaga.

The Patriots have become gay ... just like their fans have always been.

Their defense is soft, their quarterback went Hollywood (West Hollywood), and even Belichick is starting to look like a Village person in his hoodie with the cutoff arms.

But, you say, they're 6-1, atop everyone's "Power Rankings". Power rankings are absolutely useless garbage. The Pats have split with the two teams with winning records in their division this year, Miami and the Jets. Against Buffalo (Buffalo!) they gave 374 yards of offense and 30 points before pulling the win out in the 4th quarter. Outside of the divison they squeeked out a home win versus Baltimore and beat three other teams with a combined record of 7-15, none of them impressively.

They are soft and ready to stumble. And there is a trap door just waiting for them in Cleveland. The question is ... do Mangini and Colt move on to greatness? At least we damn well know Colt won't get a Mrs. Brady haircut.

Miami at Baltimore 1 PM

The Dolphins have seemingly moved into the AFC North at midseason. So far they have beaten Cincinnati and got robbed of victory versus Pittsburgh. Now it's on to Baltimore and a tough road task. Although the Phins have been road warriors all year, I see them falling short this week by a blocked field goal. RAVENS 23 DOLPHINS 20

New England at Cleveland 1 PM

Pittsburgh at Cincinnati 8 PM Monday Night Football

The Steelers are not as good as their 5-2 mark and the Bungles are better than their 2-5 mark, but you throw out the records anyway when it comes to the Ohio River Rivalry. This is the Super Bowl for the Bengals ... if they lose they blow up and they have a new coach and two new wide receivers next year ... and that's just the start. But I think this team has one more moment of greatness in it ... and who better to bring it out than the Steelers? Big Day for Palmer and lots of sacks of Ben BUNGLES 33 STEELERS 17

Zombo

If you didnt Pick Pittsburgh to lose EVERY Week. You could be taken Seriously... but Not. IF The Steeler lose it wont be a Blow Out. I had agreed that Clevland was Ripe to Take out The Pats... The Anti Bellicheat theme and conuing growth of Colt and Co. Impressive... Congrats Brownie Fans !!

If you didnt Pick Pittsburgh to lose EVERY Week. You could be taken Seriously... but Not.

I don't pick the Steelers to lose every week. But I expect a big Cincy win tonight. You don't have to take me seriously. But please do check in with me tomorrow.

Zombo

If you didnt Pick Pittsburgh to lose EVERY Week. You could be taken Seriously... but Not. IF The Steeler lose it wont be a Blow Out. I had agreed that Clevland was Ripe to Take out The Pats... The Anti Bellicheat theme and conuing growth of Colt and Co. Impressive... Congrats Brownie Fans !!

He picks the Browns to win every week, and he picks the Steelers to lose every week.

How long is it going to take you to figure that out?

He's only been doing this now every week for 15 years.

I don't pick the Steelers to lose every week. But I expect a big Cincy win tonight. You don't have to take me seriously. But please do check in with me tomorrow.

Zombo

I just dont recall you Picking Pittsburgh to win... Perhaps I missed that. But we could lose tonight...This is Cincinnati`s season . And Time for the Steelers to either BE they team many think they are Or Fade away. Thats my opinion.

He picks the Browns to win every week, and he picks the Steelers to lose every week.

How long is it going to take you to figure that out?

He's only been doing this now every week for 15 years.

I Know ...I am just screwing with him....LOL. ;)

The Steelers are homos. Dick Le-blow is going to get toasted tonight.

Cincinnati 487 - Pittsburgh 3 plus, Ben Roethlisberger wil expose himself to the Beer workers, get arrested and not be able to play in the second half.

Here's to Harrison missing and driving his skull into the turf and full force!

LOL.. dumbA** !!

I just dont recall you Picking Pittsburgh to win... Perhaps I missed that. But we could lose tonight...This is Cincinnati`s season . And Time for the Steelers to either BE they team many think they are Or Fade away. Thats my opinion.

Well, Dem Bungles are who we thought they were- Da Bungles. Fumbled kickoffs, blocked punts, and two missed field goals. Don't know what happened to Nugent after he turned pro- he was money at Ohio State. Assuming he didn't shank those kicks the Stripers would only have needed a FG to win, not the touchdown.

Archived