THE BROWNS BOARD

Mangini Doubters..STFU

peterbell

No one will argue Bill Belichick is the benchmark standard of which all NFL coaches are compared. He was throughly THROTTLED by one Eric Mangini in every phase of the game..period. Have you ever seen Brady so frustrated and confused..not me. So enough of this negative Mangini crap. He has got this franchise moving in the right direction in season and a half..He has built a TEAM..A TEAM to be proud of, a team that is tough and smart and hard working. This is what Cleveland is all about..This team represents the people of Cleveland..Mangini is our coach..Good for us

No one will argue Bill Belichick is the benchmark standard of which all NFL coaches are compared. He was throughly THROTTLED by one Eric Mangini in every phase of the game..period. Have you ever seen Brady so frustrated and confused..not me. So enough of this negative Mangini crap. He has got this franchise moving in the right direction in season and a half..He has built a TEAM..A TEAM to be proud of, a team that is tough and smart and hard working. This is what Cleveland is all about..This team represents the people of Cleveland..Mangini is our coach..Good for us

Rob Ryan was the one who confused Brady, not Mangini.

But Mangini is by and large the best HC we've had since Beli himself. And even then, Beli didn't do squat for us.

Mangini built a team that can compete on Sundays, and that's more than any coach we've had in a while can say. I'd like to see him show a little more emotion, but that's nothing important.

Rob Ryan was the one who confused Brady, not Mangini.

But Mangini is by and large the best HC we've had since Beli himself. And even then, Beli didn't do squat for us.

Mangini built a team that can compete on Sundays, and that's more than any coach we've had in a while can say. I'd like to see him show a little more emotion, but that's nothing important.

You can't separate out Ryan from Mangini on defense. They plan it together.

Just keep winning Baby. Wins will silence all the Mangini, McCoy, etc. "caca".

They keep playing like the last two weeks and we'll be reading about the 5 year extension in Mangini's contract, Colt's big raise, and how do we try to entice to offensive and defensive coordinators to stay in Cleveland.

Gotta love pro football.

Show me where you read that.

I don't need to read it. I've seen it. The UFO defense was a Mangini baby since the Jets. Look at the second Jets-Pats game in Foxboro in 2007. It's common knowledge that a head coach will still be involved in the game planning on whatever side of the football he coordinated. I don't know what parts exactly are Rob's and what parts are Eric's but it doesn't matter. It's a good combination.

I don't need to read it. I've seen it. The UFO defense was a Mangini baby since the Jets. Look at the second Jets-Pats game in Foxboro in 2007. It's common knowledge that a head coach will still be involved in the game planning on whatever side of the football he coordinated. I don't know what parts exactly are Rob's and what parts are Eric's but it doesn't matter. It's a good combination.

Hey guys, I just wanted to congratulate you on a very impressive game. I am a Bronco fan and Denver has a bye this week. I keep a close eye on the Browns................I am still incredibly bitter over losing Hillis. McDaniels is a fricken moron and I can't wait for the guy to get fired. ..............But back to your team. You have a good thing going here now. McCoy is a tough gutsy QB, Massaquoi and Robiske are two talented young Receivers. Hillis and Vickers, the O-line is tough.Nice to see a team play with heart. The Broncos sold their souls in early 2009. ...............If you guys can draft Defense next April, I see no reason you can't win the division in the next year or two. Hell, you've beaten the Patriots and Ravens this season and 3-5 could easily turn into 8-5 over the next five weeks.................Good luck, I'm pulling for you................I hope you all like have Peyton Hillis as your Runningback................I know I sure did................GD McDaniels.

Guest Metcalf_FTW

Very true. Mangini's staple on this team is the defense, and Ryan and Mangini run it together. And even if it was all Ryan, you would have to give Mangini credit for hand-picking the man.

Mangini is by far the best coach we have had in 20 years. If Holmgren runs it out it will be a sad day. Look at what we are building! Give it time. I don't care how great of a coach Holmgren is, he is too old to coach our team. We need someone young and ready to build this team for the future -- Mangini.

Anyone who thinks Mangini is a bad coach I would love to here some good reasons -- I don't think there are many.

Think back of what this franchise looked like in 2008..and what EM has accomplished in 24 games..pretty remarkable in my opinion. Got rid of bad guys ,brought in character guys and playing very good football..The man deserves credit when credit is due

FYI coach Foge Fazio was running the "UFO" defense for the browns back in 2001

I'm aware of what a head coach is asked to do in the NFL. But you can't give credit to Mangini for his defense without giving credit to The Dude either.

I'm aware of what a head coach is asked to do in the NFL. But you can't give credit to Mangini for his defense without giving credit to The Dude either.

Tim...we're arguing the same thing from opposite sides. To his credit, Ryan calls the plays on game day. You can't take anything away from him.

Holmgren knows what he is doing, and how to get where we want to go and he knows how to get a fellow coach moving in the right direction with an unlit match in between his toes and that is all that really matters...

With every game colt has played in my confidence has grown in both the coaching and the upper management in particular, dabolls playcalling and the player execution has been superb since colt has been on the field and ryans defense has finally solidified and become a force to be reckoned with...

My guess is that mangini and dabs are adding to the gameplans and the playbook wisely with some advise from upstairs, whomever or whatever it is i like it and dont think anyone has anything to gripe about at this time, the coaching has been excellent and the player execution has been excellent, my only concern is will the coaching continue to remain excellent and consistent(win or lose and minus injuries etc)leaving it all on the field or are we going to ball back up and die again?

Mangini is without a doubt the best coach we have had since our return in 1999 and appears to be learning and getting better, coupled with the best FO this club has ever had we should all expect good things in the near future...

Nothing against Mangini, but I really hope we can keep Ryan for another year before he leaves to take a head coaching job somewhere else. I love that amoeba defense that we run where no one looks like they know what they are doing until the last second. It confused Brees last week and it downright frustrated Brady this week. He was throwing balls into the dirt and whining like a little bitch because he couldn't figure it out. Big ups to Mangini, Ryan and Daboll for the past two weeks.

Don't forget that Mangini is the first coach in Browns history to have had previous head coaching experience prior to coming here. For once we may have brought in a guy that is able to learn from past mistakes and make decision and prepare a team from some experience.

Nothing like a few big wins to tell the Can-gini, and Dump Dum-boll crowd to STFU already.

The Browns are a few plays away from being the surprise team of the year.

Hello? We just beat the snot out of the defending Super Bowl Champs in their own house, and whupped the team with the best record in the league.

Don't forget that Mangini is the first coach in Browns history to have had previous head coaching experience prior to coming here. For once we may have brought in a guy that is able to learn from past mistakes and make decision and prepare a team from some experience.

Actually, Nick Skorich (71-75) was head coach of the Eagles before helming the Browns. Mangini is only the second Browns HC to have previously held the position elsewhere.

That would be about 70% of you guys at some point this season. YOU are dead on... and the Browns are on the verge of making a lotta Noise. WOW.

A lot of things are falling into place in a sensible manner. The drafts, though still a crap shoot, have been providing better talent, the acquisition of free agents that still have skills and provide leadership, and coaching that finally seems to make sense. maybe all it took was to have a running back who didn't fall down at the line and a qb who could actually get the ball to the receiver's hands. But all of it makes the front office and coaching staff look like geniuses.

I love the offense, it's awesome, but I think the major key to the two wins was the defense. I'm not sure who's thinking is behind it, but the blitzes are less obvious and SOME of the guys in the secondary are playing more aggressive on the receivers.

With Mangini and Ryan this team has a swagger and toughness that we have not seen since before the team left. The remaining teams on the schedule should be very afraid! New England had no answer for Hillis yesterday! We are not the pushover or guaranteed victory for the opposing team. Now when teams play the Cleveland Browns, they know that they will be in for one hell of a fight!

Yeah, Mangini has the sideline demeanor of someone about to undergo a root canal without novacaine, but who gives a rats ass? It would have been easy for the players to have given up last year at 1-11 but THEY NEVER QUIT. The most damning indictiment of a coach is for the players to quit when things are going bad (see Wade Phillips). The Browns play hard every week, they are correcting many of the mistakes which led to the 5 losses, and are doing all this without a stud WR. Gotta give credit where credit is due.

Archived