THE BROWNS BOARD

Why do we have to point fingers?

PlaygroundLegend

I put a thread up a few weeks ago stating why I think Romeo Crennel might keep his job (it had lerner references and such). Now after Joe Jurevicious's comments I'm beginning to think its even more of a possibility that they are going to give him one more chance, after all if this team has lacked anything in the last 10 years its continuity.

I mean, this year did start out terribly, first of all we were dealt one of the hardest scheduals in the league.

-Secondly Josh Cribbs was playing hurt and sat out the first few games

-Thirdly our starting quarterback suffered a concussion before the season started (it could have jumbled him and mess up his rhythm the the WR's)

-Fourthly Donte Stallworth has been injured all year and has been unable to recover mentally or 100% physically

-Fifthly our 2 new early round rookies (Rucker and Bell) were both injured EARLY and set back

-Sixthly Braylon Edwards was injured at the end of the preseason on the back of his foot (Achilles tendon area) and needed stitches, this probably threw him out of rhythm as well.

-Seventhly Braylon dropped balls early in the season, screwing with his psyche and lowering his confidence causing a downward spiral that NO coaching could reverse, the guy is in shambles now and I feel for him.

-Eigthly it looks like Jamal is loosing confindence in his own self tippytowing to the line and hitting the wall of linemen instead of cutting to the hole

-Ninethly Brodney Pool and Sean Jones were injured

-Tenthly Ryan Tucker (our staple vet lineman was injured and only played 1 game)

Outside of these reasons people could argue about coaching descisions and Romeo not playing Harrison, but maybe there were solid reasons for these descisions.

-Does anybody think that maybe Harrison is injury prone? (hes been injured twice so far and he hasnt played that much) and Crennel is saving him, or maybe he has problems in practice picking up the blitz or fumbling?

-What if Rucker hasnt fully healed and hasnt fully learned the offense, what if the same is the excuse for Bell.

-What if Romeo wanted Quinn to be seasoned further and start him next year? Just like Tom Brady, Matt Cassel, Tony Romo, and Aaron Rogers?

My thing is, there are alot of stuff that we just dont know about, and that my friends is a public relations issue not a coaching one. I think we are quick to jump the gun on Romeo and the rest of this team after coming off a 10-6 year. Romeo does his job (all of the players have stood by this, and most of them including Joe J. a seasoned vet with a superbowl ring have asked that the blame doesent go on him but on them the players.) How often do the players willingly take the fall?

Maybe its Romeos asst. coaches such as the QB coach, the LB coach, the WR coach etc. maybe its the Co-ordinators...

All Im saying is that the situation isnt as cookie cut as many of you beleive, this fan base is rabbin and wants a sb, and after coming so close to the playoffs last year, this fanbase has gotten drunk with its taste and is acting like it.

I am a Browns Fan and I say Give Rac n Rolls another chance... and if youre not going to then sign Marty

Thank you

I would lose my mind if they bring back that idiot of a coach or any of the front office back.

Please Santa, all I want for Christmas is a fighting chance and the donut king offers nothing but more losing in 2009!

I pretty sure everyone is gonna say Ive been drinkin that "Kool aid" but Im serious about this, does anyone beleive in luck, and if they do do they beleive in the bad kind?

I believe in luck and every indication points to RAC as being the ultimate in having bad luck...;)

Phats has gotta go..

Guest Ghoolie

Obviously, this topic comes to us from a fourth grade fan with stars in his eyes.

I have a what if you ya!

WHAT IF................. this is just a bad dream and Modell never fired Paul Brown, and PB was followed by Lombardi, then Noll, then cowher. What IF the Browns really have won the past 40 Superbowls and this is just a bad nighmare.

Hey kid, here's a clue; the Browns blow.

Guest Ghoolie
I pretty sure everyone is gonna say Ive been drinkin that "Kool aid" but Im serious about this, does anyone beleive in luck, and if they do do they beleive in the bad kind?

Hey, while you are pulling things out of your ass, would you mind looking in there to see if I misplaced my titanium guitar pick?

Obviously, this topic comes to us from a fourth grade fan with stars in his eyes.

I have a what if you ya!

WHAT IF................. this is just a bad dream and Modell never fired Paul Brown, and PB was followed by Lombardi, then Noll, then cowher. What IF the Browns really have won the past 40 Superbowls and this is just a bad nighmare.

Hey kid, here's a clue; the Browns blow.

Then why are you here; is it you just like the draft?

I just beleive that we have some really bad luck guys, I know every team has injuries but the injuries we had and the situations wee been in are a little different. Many of you say Romeo sucks, but the players dont seem to think so, not even the Vets, and Im sure that Vets in this league know a little bit more than we do, I think that he deserves another chance, give him one more season without all these injuries and such

Archived