THE BROWNS BOARD

Jets vs Browns

bandwagon

Hahahahahaha...trust me "homey"...we saw enough of Mangidiots "great" coaching....when you guys fail o make the playoffs...and holmgren fires mangidiot only to become the head coach himself (like he wanted to)....who would be the scapegoat? You are right...Mangidiot was the only guy scouting and drafting the players that are here now......are you really that blind? Rex has not coached well the past few games and on the jets forum I have been vocal about that....but after seeing mangidiot for a longer period then Rex,,,,,Im glad we have Rex

And I'm glad we don't see the jackasses like you the week after we play your team.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I said it in another thread....

J-E-T-S, the Jets are NEXT NEXT NEXT...to get xxxxing beat down!

Seriously, you squeaked by the Lions this week and we dismantled the Pats. Get ready to get got by the Browns next Sunday! Just ask the Saints and Patriots.

LMFAO!!!!

Browns are starting to get a swager to them, and look out if we beat NY, bc we will feel invincible after that.

Hahahahahaha...trust me "homey"...we saw enough of Mangidiots "great" coaching....when you guys fail o make the playoffs...and holmgren fires mangidiot only to become the head coach himself (like he wanted to)....who would be the scapegoat? You are right...Mangidiot was the only guy scouting and drafting the players that are here now......are you really that blind? Rex has not coached well the past few games and on the jets forum I have been vocal about that....but after seeing mangidiot for a longer period then Rex,,,,,Im glad we have Rex

My eyes are wide open. You obviously believe jackasses like Carton and Schein. If you believe coaches can't change and grow then you're more of an idiot than you seem. I'm sure you weren't crying about Mangini when he was 8-3 in 2008 and had just outclassed Belichick and an undefeated Jeff Fisher in back to back weeks. He and Tannenbaum reshaped the team but Tannenbaum is a lawyer. He'd never scouted a player before that. Mangini brought discipline and professionalism to the team. I know that first hand. He convinced guys like Jenkins, Thomas Jones and even Favre that New Jersey was a reasonable place to live. I didn't rely on WFAN or the Post to tell me that.

You guys are all the same. Start with your pithy attacks while your team is a winner (and no one here is saying they aren't a formidable opponent) and then run with your tail between your legs when your team can't cash the checks their mouths are writing. We'll see how well Rex's act plays in NY when he costs his team games.

Read last Sunday's article about Mangini in the Times (assuming you can read on that level). It's well written and a true test of whether a Jet fan can be objective (which we know they can't be or else they wouldn't be Mets fans).

I scoped out one of the Jets message boards and most fans are NOT taking this game for granted. Smart fans. But some are still predicting a 30-14 beat down (Jets winning.) That's just not going to happen. Their logic is that they have a good run D and that should eliminate Hillis and force Colt to start throwing. Cold doesnt throw much per game, averaging around 19, 20 passes, but given what he did against the Cheatiots, do they really WANT Colt to gear up and start throwing? You cant stop Hillis all game, and he gets better throuhout the game as it goes on. Stuckey and Mangini want to prove their worth against their old team and I think we win this one 24-17.

I scoped out one of the Jets message boards and most fans are NOT taking this game for granted. Smart fans. But some are still predicting a 30-14 beat down (Jets winning.) That's just not going to happen. Their logic is that they have a good run D and that should eliminate Hillis and force Colt to start throwing. Cold doesnt throw much per game, averaging around 19, 20 passes, but given what he did against the Cheatiots, do they really WANT Colt to gear up and start throwing? You cant stop Hillis all game, and he gets better throuhout the game as it goes on. Stuckey and Mangini want to prove their worth against their old team and I think we win this one 24-17.

let colt throw. i hope that he carries us to the victory on sunday so this lame-ass attempt at a qb controversy is put to sleep. he needs to have 'the game' that solidifies him as the starter.

You're goin' down...the place will be rocking as Mangini gets revenge on another former team.

Braylon may get a token long-TD catch, but that is all.....Browns 31 Jets 13

You guys are playing better, no doubt and we always seem to have trouble with the Browns, but I don't think there's anyway you score 31 on our D.

You guys are playing better, no doubt and we always seem to have trouble with the Browns, but I don't think there's anyway you score 31 on our D.

I agree, I do not think this will be a high schoring game on either end. The Ryans are both amazing defensive coaches.

I agree, I do not think this will be a high schoring game on either end. The Ryans are both amazing defensive coaches.

I expect to see a whole lot of hard, violent hits in this game. I'm sure that the Ryan brothers are talking some smack to each other. Neither wants to see their defense give up anything.

I expect to see a whole lot of hard, violent hits in this game. I'm sure that the Ryan brothers are talking some smack to each other. Neither wants to see their defense give up anything.

I expect to see whichever Ryan loses teeing off from the ladies' tees with his pants around his ankles...

The Jets are good at stopping the run. We have been running very well. It will definitely be this part of the game that will probably determine the result.

It usually does in most games but other than that, I was not that impressed with the Jets vs the Lions.

My eyes are wide open. You obviously believe jackasses like Carton and Schein. If you believe coaches can't change and grow then you're more of an idiot than you seem. I'm sure you weren't crying about Mangini when he was 8-3 in 2008 and had just outclassed Belichick and an undefeated Jeff Fisher in back to back weeks. He and Tannenbaum reshaped the team but Tannenbaum is a lawyer. He'd never scouted a player before that. Mangini brought discipline and professionalism to the team. I know that first hand. He convinced guys like Jenkins, Thomas Jones and even Favre that New Jersey was a reasonable place to live. I didn't rely on WFAN or the Post to tell me that.

You guys are all the same. Start with your pithy attacks while your team is a winner (and no one here is saying they aren't a formidable opponent) and then run with your tail between your legs when your team can't cash the checks their mouths are writing. We'll see how well Rex's act plays in NY when he costs his team games.

Read last Sunday's article about Mangini in the Times (assuming you can read on that level). It's well written and a true test of whether a Jet fan can be objective (which we know they can't be or else they wouldn't be Mets fans).

You are in luck...my hooked on phonics tape came in today so I picked up on this reading and writing thing pretty quick. I never was a mangina fan.....and where are my pithy attacks? Or is that some new word you heard some smart guy using and just decided to use it? If the Jets lose this game (which is a possibility) I would come back and offer congrats.....as for Rex.....I have been vocal on the Jets forum that his coaching has been questionable the past few games and many Jet fans inlcluding myself wish rex would quiet down a bit. I'm a very objective and realistic jet fan...as a side note...the Post is a rag of a newspaper....have I touched on all of your awesome insults....or do you save your good material for gameday ?

Which Jets forum are you looking at ? There are lots of them...but I think the forum on the official Jet home page is the best. Anyway...Hillis is going to be tough to stop. I'm not certain how good or effective Colt is....as for Stuckey...he couldnt even stay on the Jets practice squad...and I doubt he has become a pro bowl receiver...thats not to say he cant have a good game against the Jets

The Browns defly opened lots of eyes around the league with their past 2 victories....I can't see them scoring points on the Jets like they did on the Pats....I'm real happy you put the smack down on Tom Lady and the Pats

The Jets are good at stopping the run. We have been running very well. It will definitely be this part of the game that will probably determine the result.

It usually does in most games but other than that, I was not that impressed with the Jets vs the Lions.

You and every other Jet fan...The Jets played like crap against the Broncos and Lions...their Def weas awesome against the Packers but their Offense did nothing...Jets are very fortunate to be 2-1 in the last 3 crappy performances they put out

You are in luck...my hooked on phonics tape came in today so I picked up on this reading and writing thing pretty quick. I never was a mangina fan.....and where are my pithy attacks? Or is that some new word you heard some smart guy using and just decided to use it? If the Jets lose this game (which is a possibility) I would come back and offer congrats.....as for Rex.....I have been vocal on the Jets forum that his coaching has been questionable the past few games and many Jet fans inlcluding myself wish rex would quiet down a bit. I'm a very objective and realistic jet fan...as a side note...the Post is a rag of a newspaper....have I touched on all of your awesome insults....or do you save your good material for gameday ?

If you were realistic and objective you'd see that Eric Mangini has the ability to coach in the league and coach well. Those statements come from people in the NFL, not from me. He beat Belichick and Fisher in successive weeks in 2008 and was 8-3. They tanked and the media turned on him. Jets fans buy that media. They parrot it like it's gospel. I live in it so I'm not guessing.

At a minimum, you should be able to acknowledge that he's turned this team around and he's learned from his personal mistakes. You can't separate out the current Jets success from Mangini. The foundation was laid in 2006. When you go to the playoffs with D-Rob as your 0-technique....that's saying something. For my money, Mangini's firing in NY was not about X's and O's or even tanking. It was about Woody wanting the change. You can't sell PSLs without an outgoing, salesman coach. Admittedly, that's not Eric Mangini's strength. If you think it was because he couldn't coach...you're mistaken. Tannenbaum saved his own ass (and no one can blame him, I suppose) but it was media driven and political.

Which Jets forum are you looking at ? There are lots of them...but I think the forum on the official Jet home page is the best. Anyway...Hillis is going to be tough to stop. I'm not certain how good or effective Colt is....as for Stuckey...he couldnt even stay on the Jets practice squad...and I doubt he has become a pro bowl receiver...thats not to say he cant have a good game against the Jets

Ganggreen:

here's the thread:

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=60970

If you were realistic and objective you'd see that Eric Mangini has the ability to coach in the league and coach well. Those statements come from people in the NFL, not from me. He beat Belichick and Fisher in successive weeks in 2008 and was 8-3. They tanked and the media turned on him. Jets fans buy that media. They parrot it like it's gospel. I live in it so I'm not guessing.

At a minimum, you should be able to acknowledge that he's turned this team around and he's learned from his personal mistakes. You can't separate out the current Jets success from Mangini. The foundation was laid in 2006. When you go to the playoffs with D-Rob as your 0-technique....that's saying something. For my money, Mangini's firing in NY was not about X's and O's or even tanking. It was about Woody wanting the change. You can't sell PSLs without an outgoing, salesman coach. Admittedly, that's not Eric Mangini's strength. If you think it was because he couldn't coach...you're mistaken. Tannenbaum saved his own ass (and no one can blame him, I suppose) but it was media driven and political.

I'm not saying mangini is a bad coach now...I said that when he was with the Jets...he made some very poor coaching decisions. I'm aware of the draftted players under his time in NY. He has a very good football foundation. You watch the Browns so I assume you would see any changes in his coaching ability.

I'm not saying mangini is a bad coach now...I said that when he was with the Jets...he made some very poor coaching decisions. I'm aware of the draftted players under his time in NY. He has a very good football foundation. You watch the Browns so I assume you would see any changes in his coaching ability.

Thank you for the clarification. The problem in the northeast with the media and specifically in NY is that once they turn on you...it's nearly impossible to overcome and be redeemed. If Mangini's team was to win on Sunday, I think that even NY media would take notice. I like those kind of redemption stories. I personally expect them to be negative because that gets readership and ratings but to not be objective is clearly not journalism.

I've been to three or four games at the Meadowlands each of the last six years but haven't been to the new stadium. A Jets fan who is objective is rare. Welcome.

Hillis didn't do shit against the Steelers and the Saints. Even without Jenkins, he isn't going to run over the Jets. We'll stack the box and our secondary can stop whatever receivers..Stuckey?...the Browns have.

Our offense will be the question mark. Browns have a good D, and I see this being a 10-7 9-6 type game. But if you think you are dropping 34 points on the Jets? not gonna happen.

As for Mangini, I think he did get a raw deal here in NY. He's a good football mind, and I think between him and Tannenbaum, they brought in some good players. I think that Favre coming in was a horrible idea, and it hamstrung Mangini, and then he took the fall

But I've been a Jet fan for 25 years, and Rex makes watching and being a Jet fan more fun. Mangini is boring, and I think ultimatly his teams reflect that. Last years run was great, and we're 6-2. I think the Browns were overlooked by the Pats and the Saints, and I don't think the Jets will do that.

We'll see. As for the Braylon broken leg comment, maybe its fans like that that made him not want to play in your city anymore..we'd rather have him here, driving around the upper west side drunk off his ass, catching td's on sunday. Stay classy Cleveland

Hillis didn't do shit against the Steelers and the Saints. Even without Jenkins, he isn't going to run over the Jets. We'll stack the box and our secondary can stop whatever receivers..Stuckey?...the Browns have.

Our offense will be the question mark. Browns have a good D, and I see this being a 10-7 9-6 type game. But if you think you are dropping 34 points on the Jets? not gonna happen.

As for Mangini, I think he did get a raw deal here in NY. He's a good football mind, and I think between him and Tannenbaum, they brought in some good players. I think that Favre coming in was a horrible idea, and it hamstrung Mangini, and then he took the fall

But I've been a Jet fan for 25 years, and Rex makes watching and being a Jet fan more fun. Mangini is boring, and I think ultimatly his teams reflect that. Last years run was great, and we're 6-2. I think the Browns were overlooked by the Pats and the Saints, and I don't think the Jets will do that.

We'll see. As for the Braylon broken leg comment, maybe its fans like that that made him not want to play in your city anymore..we'd rather have him here, driving around the upper west side drunk off his ass, catching td's on sunday. Stay classy Cleveland

Be careful man. Don't dig your own grave. Saints and Pats fans aren't on this board anymore for a reason. They talked so much shit and had nothing to say after losing. You don't want to be one of them, now do you? Cover your ass.

Good points but I would point out re: Hillis that against the Steelers, the Browns were behind and Colt threw 33 times. He did account for almost 100 yards from scrimmage. Against the Saints, he didn't have his best game but they were down by a lot very quickly and that meant stacking against the run. We'll see on Sunday but David Harris and Co needs to do better than he did in 2008 against Peyton Hillis.

One would expect a low scoring game but I still think this is a game in the high teens to low twenties. You can't ever really account for special teams when guys like Westhoff and Seely are coaching. The high-risk, high-reward defense needs to actually work on both sides....otherwise it could degenerate into a shoot out.

HILLIS ran for 144 yards against the great Ravens defense, and 40 MORE than that against N.E. I think that cancels out the games against the Stoolers and the Aints. Besides, WHO in the league can run against Pittsburgh? I dont think we're scared of your Defensive line, where about as high as a juiced up PCP addict right about now and honestly, who wants to get in the way of that? I guarantee you your team does not want to face us this Sunday.

Be careful man. Don't dig your own grave. Saints and Pats fans aren't on this board anymore for a reason. They talked so much shit and had nothing to say after losing. You don't want to be one of them, now do you? Cover your ass.

Don't think I talked shit. I said it will be a close...3 point game. Yeah this game worries me, but I know that it won't be the Browns scoring 34 points.

I don't think the Jets will score in the 30's either. This will come down to turnovers and mistakes.

Anyway, just the fact that Rob Ryan is allowed to talk to the media means that Mangini is thawing a bit...

Don't think I talked shit. I said it will be a close...3 point game. Yeah this game worries me, but I know that it won't be the Browns scoring 34 points.

I don't think the Jets will score in the 30's either. This will come down to turnovers and mistakes.

Anyway, just the fact that Rob Ryan is allowed to talk to the media means that Mangini is thawing a bit...

It is a good test for both teams. It will answer a lot of questions for both and will probably raise others.

The issue that New Yorkers need to grasp is that Braylon Edwards is persona non grata in Cleveland for a reason. This guy figuratively pissed on the fans. They would have loved him unconditionally if he would have given a damn but he didn't. He was above everyone. He repeatedly wouldn't pay for stuff on trips. He'd sound off and quite honestly, had the worst set of hands in the WR business. Perhaps the hands are better now, who knows? You just can't fix the "want to" part. Think of it like a poor man's Randy Moss. He was always so worried that the fans hated him because he was from Michigan...HELLO! McFLY! The fans hate you because you don't try and you're a jerk.

I can't remember a comparable Jet. Kerry Rhodes?

Archived