THE BROWNS BOARD

Jets vs Browns

bandwagon

It is a good test for both teams. It will answer a lot of questions for both and will probably raise others.

The issue that New Yorkers need to grasp is that Braylon Edwards is persona non grata in Cleveland for a reason. This guy figuratively pissed on the fans. They would have loved him unconditionally if he would have given a damn but he didn't. He was above everyone. He repeatedly wouldn't pay for stuff on trips. He'd sound off and quite honestly, had the worst set of hands in the WR business. Perhaps the hands are better now, who knows? You just can't fix the "want to" part. Think of it like a poor man's Randy Moss. He was always so worried that the fans hated him because he was from Michigan...HELLO! McFLY! The fans hate you because you don't try and you're a jerk.

I can't remember a comparable Jet. Kerry Rhodes?

Good point. Cromartie is another with that rep, and if things start to go bad, with these kind of players things can go bad in a hurry. Holmes, (even though he had a huge catch on Sun.) drops the ball, and points for a first down even when we are down. That drives me crazy. Braylon had some big drops last year, and because of the diwi, I don't think he'll be back.

Ryan and Tannenbaum decided to take on players like that because of talent. And I think with a strong enough locker room, they can be motivated to play up to their potential.

BTW my first bad football lose was 86 Jets, Browns, Gastineau late hit on Kosar. Double overtime lose. Belichek's first coaching job. Sucked... been a die hard hard luck fan ever since.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't think I talked shit. I said it will be a close...3 point game. Yeah this game worries me, but I know that it won't be the Browns scoring 34 points.

I don't think the Jets will score in the 30's either. This will come down to turnovers and mistakes.

Anyway, just the fact that Rob Ryan is allowed to talk to the media means that Mangini is thawing a bit...

You do not want to guarantee anything. What if the Browns do somehow score 34 points? Then that leaves you with shit in your diaper. This is clearly why I dont talk smack anymore.

You do not want to guarantee anything. What if the Browns do somehow score 34 points? Then that leaves you with shit in your diaper. This is clearly why I dont talk smack anymore.

I can guarantee that the Browns won't score in the 30's. Heard from all the Lions fans how they average 37 points at home, and megatron..(one catch 15 yards.) will light us up.

Jet offense is the concern. If we lose this game. Sanchez throws two picks and we lose a close low scoring game.

Thank you for the clarification. The problem in the northeast with the media and specifically in NY is that once they turn on you...it's nearly impossible to overcome and be redeemed. If Mangini's team was to win on Sunday, I think that even NY media would take notice. I like those kind of redemption stories. I personally expect them to be negative because that gets readership and ratings but to not be objective is clearly not journalism.

I've been to three or four games at the Meadowlands each of the last six years but haven't been to the new stadium. A Jets fan who is objective is rare. Welcome.

I'd say most of the heavy posters at the official Jets forum are very objective. And when somebody is showing heavy favoritism towards the jets that is so far fetched....he is made aware of his insanity..haha

Be careful man. Don't dig your own grave. Saints and Pats fans aren't on this board anymore for a reason. They talked so much shit and had nothing to say after losing. You don't want to be one of them, now do you? Cover your ass.

If the Jets do lose...Ill come back to offer congrats like I do to every board I visit...and If the jets win...ill be back to see what the pulse of the board is and to smile......just a little :)

HILLIS ran for 144 yards against the great Ravens defense, and 40 MORE than that against N.E. I think that cancels out the games against the Stoolers and the Aints. Besides, WHO in the league can run against Pittsburgh? I dont think we're scared of your Defensive line, where about as high as a juiced up PCP addict right about now and honestly, who wants to get in the way of that? I guarantee you your team does not want to face us this Sunday.

Hillis is a beast, but you need to be scared of our D line. Rbs don't get a lot of yards against us and they have to fight for every one of them. If you think our team doesn't want to face you on Sunday, then you don't know Rex at all. Rex has brought this team a confidence that has long been missing. He and all his players, will play anybody, anywhere at anytime.

Hillis is a beast, but you need to be scared of our D line. Rbs don't get a lot of yards against us and they have to fight for every one of them. If you think our team doesn't want to face you on Sunday, then you don't know Rex at all. Rex has brought this team a confidence that has long been missing. He and all his players, will play anybody, anywhere at anytime.

Don't know what Hillis will do against the Jets. He had a deep thigh bruise and a groin pull during the Steelers/Saints weeks that really slowed him down and he had to get rotated out of the lineup after nearly every run. He is a big back, but his vision is awesome and he is quick and agile. If the Jets D-line does push around the Browns offensive line Hillis will still fall forward for a few yards.

Pats fans said he wouldn't be successful because they handle big backs well... they may have been right about their defense but they were wrong about Hillis. He isn't a straight ahead big back that just runs off guard every run.

If the Jets stop Hillis for say 16 carries for 45 yards the Browns will have a hard time winning. I don't think that will happen, I see more like 23 carries for 90 yards and his weekly TD.

I think the Browns score about 20 if they don't get any big turnovers from their defense.

The question is will the Jets passing attack with their quality recievers have a big game. I think they will set up a couple TD's for the Jets.

I think it will be a close game if both teams show up and Hillis stays healthy, and turnovers might be the deciding factor.

Don't know what Hillis will do against the Jets. He had a deep thigh bruise and a groin pull during the Steelers/Saints weeks that really slowed him down and he had to get rotated out of the lineup after nearly every run. He is a big back, but his vision is awesome and he is quick and agile. If the Jets D-line does push around the Browns offensive line Hillis will still fall forward for a few yards.

Pats fans said he wouldn't be successful because they handle big backs well... they may have been right about their defense but they were wrong about Hillis. He isn't a straight ahead big back that just runs off guard every run.

If the Jets stop Hillis for say 16 carries for 45 yards the Browns will have a hard time winning. I don't think that will happen, I see more like 23 carries for 90 yards and his weekly TD.

I think the Browns score about 20 if they don't get any big turnovers from their defense.

The question is will the Jets passing attack with their quality recievers have a big game. I think they will set up a couple TD's for the Jets.

I think it will be a close game if both teams show up and Hillis stays healthy, and turnovers might be the deciding factor.

The pats def. is not as good as they think it is. Hillis is really agile for such a big guy and he surprised me with how quickly he can turn a corner...I'm very confident with the Jets secondary vs. the browns receivers....As always, Sanchez is a key....if the Jets take his handcuffs off...he can be very dangerous with the receivers the Jets have

Clearly the Jets are a superb defensive team. I'm a big Sanchez fan because I'm a big Trojan fan... but he's still in the confusable period of his career and Ryan has been confusing some far more experience QBs lately (Brees and Brady are pretty good). The Browns defense has been all about disguises this year, and Sanchez could be in for some trouble.

The Jets have the 4th best run defense and the Browns have the 11th. It might be a matter of which young QB can move the chains with a short passing offense.

I think the winner in this one is lucky to get 20. Hillis may have to be happy with 3s and 4s to put us in reasonable third downs.

Clearly the Jets are a superb defensive team. I'm a big Sanchez fan because I'm a big Trojan fan... but he's still in the confusable period of his career and Ryan has been confusing some far more experience QBs lately (Brees and Brady are pretty good). The Browns defense has been all about disguises this year, and Sanchez could be in for some trouble.

The Jets have the 4th best run defense and the Browns have the 11th. It might be a matter of which young QB can move the chains with a short passing offense.

I think the winner in this one is lucky to get 20. Hillis may have to be happy with 3s and 4s to put us in reasonable third downs.

Shep,

All good points but I would add that penalties and field position will be huge in a game like this. The Jets have been very sloppy in the penalty area lately and that could be a problem for them. This game features two of the best special teams coaches in the business.

This is where I think the Jets have the biggest edge. I believe our secondary can handle your receivers one on one and that gives us more freedom to stack the box to stop Hillis.

BTW my first bad football lose was 86 Jets, Browns, Gastineau late hit on Kosar. Double overtime lose. Belichek's first coaching job. Sucked... been a die hard hard luck fan ever since.

Belichick? He was a Giants assistant back then.

Zombo

Im not necessarily saying the Jets dont have a good run defense, but look at the teams theyve played to give them that 4th rushing defense stat...

Ravens, Patriots, Dolphins, Bills, Vikings, Broncos, Packers, Lions... The only decent running team on that list are the Vikings with AP.. Pats dont run, GB's running back is injured for the year, Spiller is a rookie, Hillis has more or close to the rushing yards than the entire Broncos team.. Ravens are alright I guess. But I guess im saying, besides Minnesota the Jets defense hasnt seen a good running game this year. We'll see...

Im not necessarily saying the Jets dont have a good run defense, but look at the teams theyve played to give them that 4th rushing defense stat...

Ravens, Patriots, Dolphins, Bills, Vikings, Broncos, Packers, Lions... The only decent running team on that list are the Vikings with AP.. Pats dont run, GB's running back is injured for the year, Spiller is a rookie, Hillis has more or close to the rushing yards than the entire Broncos team.. Ravens are alright I guess. But I guess im saying, besides Minnesota the Jets defense hasnt seen a good running game this year. We'll see...

Really?

I think you are severely underating the Jets rush D

Don't know why I wrote Belichek. Schotty's old man was the coach. With that being said, watch for the double reverse, in which Cochtery loses eight yards. Schotty calls it once a week. it is sort of a NY Jet tradition.

Going to be a fun game. I think we've gone through all of our trick play aresenal, and you guys know Hillis is getting the ball 20+ times ... this might be the first time Colt has to go out and win a game rather than manage one ... a tall order against your pass D. Then again, Sanchez and co. are going to have their hands full too. May be a 13-10 game.

Zombo

--I'll take the home team in a close one.

As long as Schottenheimer lets Sanchez play and not call plays like “throw into double coverage”, we should be all good. Joking aside, I’m not sold on Sanchez and I’m afraid he’s going to be an interception machine if the Jets fall behind and their running game is rendered ineffective. As resilient as Sanchez has been coming back from bad games, he also appears to have a very fragile psyche. In addition, he still seems to have trouble reading defenses, still doesn’t step up in the pocket to evade pressure, still locks onto targets, and his accuracy isn’t too great. However, he has a mean pump fake, which I bet he practiced diligently looking at himself in the mirror with Braylon by his side. Perhaps I'm being too harsh on a QB only a year removed from his rookie season.

For those that think the Browns can just run on the Jets defense because you exposed inexperienced LB corp of the Patriots, you have something else coming. The Jets LB corp is MUCH better than the Patriots. Plus, Jets secondary (minus Cromartie) are also very good against the run.

Fortunately for the Browns, Jets strength at CB may be moot since Watson and Hillis are the top two receivers for the Browns and this fact will spell trouble for the Jets. I fear the Browns will just use their WR as decoys and attack with Watson/Moore to expose the weak Jets safeties. I also think this game will expose how good Hillis is at blitz pickup.

Should be an interesting game. Can’t wait until Sunday.

Archived