THE BROWNS BOARD

Braylon Edwards Running His Mouth Again

TheClevelandSound

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2010...rn-to-cleveland

Braylon Edwards marked a weekend visit to his hometown, Detroit, with a long TD reception and a win Sunday. Now, the New York Jets wideout is focused on next week's visit to his former employer in Cleveland.

Edwards tweeted a message to the Browns fans Sunday night on the Jets' team flight back to New Jersey:

"And before I take off and forget, all you Cleveland browns fans, 17 is coming back and you better bring ya damn popcorn."

Edwards spent four-plus seasons with the Browns before being traded to the Jets in October 2009. This will be his first game against the team that drafted him third overall in 2005.

By Edwards' count, about 80 family members and friends came to Ford Field on Sunday to watch the former Michigan star play against the Lions. He also encountered a less friendly group of fans who reminded him of his September DUI arrest in New York City.

"I Was surprised at all the DUI chants I thought I was going to get more love then that but then again the guys telling it all had budweisers in their hands so go figure lol," Edwards tweeted.

xxxx this guy, he had all the talent and gifts anyone could ever ask for. But he's a total failure at everything including his craft. Catching passes is something Braylon should have, with all of his natural ability, been one of the greatest. It's to bad he is a total ignorant piece of shit with an attitude and "essence" that cripples him.

xxxx off d-bag.

That "essence" stuff is still hilarious. Surprised he can hold onto his phone long enough to twitter something.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2010...rn-to-cleveland

"And before I take off and forget, all you Cleveland browns fans, 17 is coming back and you better bring ya damn popcorn."

He is not running his mouth, he just wants us to be entertained when he drops the ball. popcorn sounds good to me ...

That was funny....he certainly has his share of drops...but also makes insane catches

More than his share of drops- in fact he led the league in that category the year we shipped him out of town.

Yeah, we saw Braylon make a bunch of circus catches here in Cleveland, but even more drive killing drops- or certain touchdowns when he was 5 yards open- that hit him in the hands.

More than his share of drops- in fact he led the league in that category the year we shipped him out of town.

Yeah, we saw Braylon make a bunch of circus catches here in Cleveland, but even more drive killing drops- or certain touchdowns when he was 5 yards open- that hit him in the hands.

we are seeing the drops too...I don't think its as many as when he was in Cle. but it's early in his Jets career

we are seeing the drops too...I don't think its as many as when he was in Cle. but it's early in his Jets career

Yeah, but it's not early in his career. Edwards has been in the league 5 years now, and he is what he is. He had the rep of dropsies coming out of Michigan, and Phil "the Swill" Savage still took a flier on him. He will never live up to his lofty draft status IMHO. Not reliable enough.

If he had better hands- which won't happen (and if his DUI has taught him the lesson to lay off the party circuit during the season) he could be one of the premier wideouts in the NFL.

The only way to shut him up, is to shut him down. For those of you going to the game Sunday, yell your asses off and make it absolutely unbearable for the Jets everytime they are on offense!!! Allthough, I'm sure you all will!

100% in agreement. Everyone better make enough noise in the Pound so that we can hear you all the way here in Arizona.

What worries me is, who is EWright covering?

Should he cover Edwards so that Sanches will throw all his passes towards him, and since Edwards is in Ohio, in the Browns Stadium where ALL the fans hate him because he's from Michigan it will cause him to drop the passes?

Archived