THE BROWNS BOARD

Brown & Orange

TheClevelandSound

For all you non-hipsters, recently one of the biggest rappers in the country, Wiz Khalifa, released his #1 song and video called "Black & Gold". Needless to say, we know what this song is about. Here is a link to view and listen:

Recently, one of our local rap stars fought back, creating his own (better) version of the song, titled "Brown & Orange". Here is a link to view and listen:

Warning: You are probably in this video.

Just thought id share ;)

For all you non-hipsters, recently one of the biggest rappers in the country, Wiz Khalifa, released his #1 song and video called "Black & Gold". Needless to say, we know what this song is about. Here is a link to view and listen:

I am NOT a rap fan, but needless to say I don't think this guy can hold a candle to Cleveland's Bones, Thugs, and Harmony.

Beyond that, what I thought I garnered from this was that it was a tribute to the City of Pittsburgh itself and not to the Stelelers specifically. All of Peetown's sports team are Yellow and Black. I don't see any "Gold" in them. The only Pittsburgh team that wears Gold is the Pitt Panthers.

Recently, one of our local rap stars fought back, creating his own (better) version of the song, titled "Brown & Orange". Here is a link to view and listen:

Warning: You are probably in this video.

Just thought id share ;)

It's one thing for you to have Brown and Orange pride (and Black and Yellow hate), but that aside how is that cheap Browns knockoff song even comparable to Wiz's original song?

Not to mention the Cleveland video looks like it was made with Windows Movie Maker and the and the guy rapping was just infont of a green screen with a picture of the stadium.

Im pretty sure rap died in the 90's. Ateast that's the last time I heard a good rap song. All this new stuff is just people talking with beats in the background. No emotion and every song has the words 20's, bling, and, im rich in them. Ive heard better rhymes on sesame street compared to anything that's been put out in the last 10 years.

It's one thing for you to have Brown and Orange pride (and Black and Yellow hate), but that aside how is that cheap Browns knockoff song even comparable to Wiz's original song?

Not to mention the Cleveland video looks like it was made with Windows Movie Maker and the and the guy rapping was just infont of a green screen with a picture of the stadium.

Maybe, but to my ear the Cleveland one was a better song....and that is without paying one bit of attention to the lyrics.

As much as I love Bone coming from Cleveland, one of the pricks in the video "Home" is wearing a friggin Steelers jersey. And I'm pretty sure that the video isn't even shot in Cleveland.

The Home video was shot in Switzerland. The only way Phil Collins was going to be in the video was if bone flew there, so they did.

But yeah, for all the times Bone sported Cavs, Browns, and Indians gear in their videos one of them always had another out of town team for some reason. I remember on the E.99 album cover Bizzy had an Indians shirt and Layzie had a xxxxing Celtics shirt on. WTF man?

The Cleveland guy wasn't even using his real voice. It was all autotune.

If you know anything about music, which you don't, there was no autotune in the entire song. Maybe some reverb and a little EQ flanger but no autotune.

By the way, I am a producer, so don't try to question my knowledge.

If you know anything about music, which you don't, there was no autotune in the entire song. Maybe some reverb and a little EQ flanger but no autotune.

By the way, I am a producer, so don't try to question my knowledge.

Haha not like anyone needs to, but I can confirm this. There was no auto tune in that at all

Archived