THE BROWNS BOARD

Thanks to my fellow Vets (and more) on November 11th

Canton Mike

From this old Vietnam Vet & slightly before the calendar turns to Veteran's Day, November 11, a huge thank you goes out to those who served & serve.

When I say "serve", I speak not only of those who wore our country's great uniforms, but also of those Patriots at home who supported us (and support those currently serving) with their love and prayers. I refer to all, in & out of uniform, as "Servers".

Please do the following, if you are able:

1) WRITE those serving as NOTHING boosts morale more than letters from loved ones back in "The World".

2) If you see a uniformed person in a bar or restaurant, BUY them a drink, desert, a meal, or even pick up their check! If you can't do any of those, shake their hand & just say "Thanks!".

I've posted this on several boards. I'm not eloquent, but I can't say it any better, so I'll just repeat myself.

Thanks & God Bless my Brother & Sister "Servers".

Mike

From this old Vietnam Vet & slightly before the calendar turns to Veteran's Day, November 11, a huge thank you goes out to those who served & serve.

When I say "serve", I speak not only of those who wore our country's great uniforms, but also of those Patriots at home who supported us (and support those currently serving) with their love and prayers. I refer to all, in & out of uniform, as "Servers".

1) WRITE those serving as NOTHING boosts morale more than letters from loved ones back in "The World".

2) If you see a uniformed person in a bar or restaurant, BUY them a drink, desert, a meal, or even pick up their check! If you can't do any of those, shake their hand & just say "Thanks!".

I've posted this on several boards. I'm not eloquent, but I can't say it any better, so I'll just repeat myself.

Mike

MIke, I would like to thank you and every vet that has served this country,and is serving this country. Today is my birthday(Nov 10) and i share my day with millions of Marines. Too every man and woman who has put on the uniform for our Country, God bless you and your family, and may God bring you home safe or peace to your family...

Mike

Thanks to my fellow Vets. Get a free entree at APPLEBEES Vet's day with proof of service. Formerly Stone, that makes you a Veteran a-hole. GTFO!!!!!!!!!

/SALUTE

A hardy thanks in honor of all our vets both in peacetime, past wars and to all those now serving as well, I have 2 nephews serving in afghanistan 3 and 5 tours in..we miss them badly and worry about them and the others stationed at forward bases constantly..

God bless all the veterans today, and every other day for that matter. Coming from a military family, I can tell you that for the most part our veterans aren't looking for thanks and praise, but rather that their service meant something. If you have the opportunity, remind every veteran you run into just how important their service was to making this country the greatest free nation in the world

THANK YOU VETERANS, GO BROWNS!

Mike

Thanks Mike, from one "Nam" vet to another ;)

I believe I saw where active duty vets and us older vets can get a free dinner on Nov 15... at Golden Corral.

I just caught it on tv when I was busy. Check it out, might have the info wrong... I think the hrs were 4-6 or something.

Great thread.

Mike

Great post! from one Nam vet (70-71) to another. I raise my whisky glass to you all! God Bless America.

Was I scared shitless? You're damned right I was.

KG,

Thanks for your reply. The part of your post I quoted would be VERY accurate statement or thought from every good war Vet I know, & that includes me.

Thanks to all for your service, support, & responses to this thread.

I would have replied yesterday, but 2 things prevented that:

1) A wonderful Veteran's Program with eldest Granddaughter Tia at Claggett Middle School in Medina, Ohio. Here's a "SALUTE" to all who made that happen!

2) My bride of 40 years, Colleen< & I took 9year old Granddaughter Erika to the Tiny Canadian Pussy Douche concert in Cleveland last night. THOUSANDS of screaming young ladies & I may never hear the same again.

Gog Bless you all,

Mike

Archived