THE BROWNS BOARD

Jets fan worried

Jonny from NY

That's poor coaching from the top. That, Jonny, is why you should be worried. Your team is certainly as talented as they come with a foundation laid by Mangini but if this is a tight game and it comes down to Rex vs. Eric...I don't like the Jets' chances. Rex is a great defensive mind but he got to where he is by being aggressive (thinking with his pecker). He still hasn't shown me that he understands there's more to being a head coach than being a "rah-rah" guy. He squanders time outs and still makes stupid in game decisions.

Remember last year when he ended the game with all three timeouts in his pocket and when asked, he said he didn't call any of them because "[He] didn't think they were gonna score on us" in the two-minute drill? THAT is hubris.

When you say the foundation was laid by Mangini, what players are you referring to specifically?

When you say the foundation was laid by Mangini, what players are you referring to specifically?

LT Ferguson

LG Faneca (was there for Rex's first year)

C Mangold

RT Woody

RB Thomas Jones (there for Rex's first year)

RB/KR Leon Washington (there for Rex's first year)

FB Richardson

TE Keller

CB Revis (everyone else wanted Aaron Ross)

LB David Harris

NT Kris Jenkins

LB Calvin Pace

The "foundation" also refers to a level of professionalism that did NOT exist with the Jets under Herm Edwards. They were the least penalized team in the league over Mangini's tenure. They became competitive and were a playoff caliber team when Rex arrived.

Not only that, but I go back to the foundations of this group adn remain, humbly, the most read and beloved poster here.

The guy who suggested ignore, doens't realize he his sitting in the corner, picking his nose, all by himself.

I didn't mean YOU....I meant "ignore" the Jets guy...Gee whiz fellas. Put down the booze!

LT Ferguson

LG Faneca (was there for Rex's first year)

C Mangold

RT Woody

RB Thomas Jones (there for Rex's first year)

RB/KR Leon Washington (there for Rex's first year)

FB Richardson

TE Keller

CB Revis (everyone else wanted Aaron Ross)

LB David Harris

NT Kris Jenkins

LB Calvin Pace

The "foundation" also refers to a level of professionalism that did NOT exist with the Jets under Herm Edwards. They were the least penalized team in the league over Mangini's tenure. They became competitive and were a playoff caliber team when Rex arrived.

Not sure why you are referring to players that were there last year but not this year. As everyone stated the Jets won 9 regular season games last year.

What I find funny is that Mangini gets the credit for bringing these players in, when he wasn't the GM. The only move (and it is a big one) that he deserves a lot of credit for was Revis. He endorsed that and obviously it paid off big time. By the same token I see that Vernon Gholston is missing from your list, another pick he highly endorsed.

Also one more thought about your comment on Aaron Ross. That is simply not true, Mangini didn't have the power to talk everyone in the room out of Ross if "everyone" else wanted him.

I think Mangini should get some credit for building the Jets offense though. Without him no way do the Jets get Braylon Edwards and Mark Sanchez,lol.

Not sure why you are referring to players that were there last year but not this year. As everyone stated the Jets won 9 regular season games last year.

What I find funny is that Mangini gets the credit for bringing these players in, when he wasn't the GM. The only move (and it is a big one) that he deserves a lot of credit for was Revis. He endorsed that and obviously it paid off big time. By the same token I see that Vernon Gholston is missing from your list, another pick he highly endorsed.

Also one more thought about your comment on Aaron Ross. That is simply not true, Mangini didn't have the power to talk everyone in the room out of Ross if "everyone" else wanted him.

I think Mangini should get some credit for building the Jets offense though. Without him no way do the Jets get Braylon Edwards and Mark Sanchez,lol.

Um, no, Mike T never scouted a college player himself and he was originally a bean counter brought in by Parcells. Mangini had a ton of say in those drafts. Pat Kirwan, Bob Papa, Carl Banks, Jim Miller and even Mike Francesa have stated that.

Actually Herm's team were a lot of things. Professional was one of them. Not great at football was another But Herm was a high character guy who preached discipline.

No. I have it on first hand authority. Herm's locker room had a lot of lazy POS. There was no professional attitude and that's from someone who was there before and after Herm was let go. His players did whatever the hell they wanted.

The Jets have been seeking media attention and have been getting it ever since Rex was hired. They lobbied hard to get on Hard Knocks, acquired high profile player regardless of character, and Rex is a one man show by himself. Can you blame the Jets for craving attention having played second fiddle to the Giants for all these years and with all those unsold PSLs? They needed to generate excitement (or at the very least intrigue) somehow.

A team that quit on their HC doesn’t start off 8-3. Even during the 4-12 season, the team played hard until the end in my eyes. They quit on Mangini during the actual collapse and I suspect it has something to do with the way Mangini handled Favre. You can’t sell the team concept when Favre, in his own office disconnected from the rest of the players, are sending pictures of his weewee to female Jet employees.

You saying the Jets feel second fiddle to anyone is laughable. Wasn't it your team that ran off to Baltimore and became a great team after years of sucking in Cleveland? And now you have another pretty crappy team with not a lot of talent, over achieving for a few games, and suddenly they are some kind of dynasty.

Jets will give them the beatdown they deserve. The Jets are just a better team. Mangini will never a be winning coach. He's gone this year anyway.

You saying the Jets feel second fiddle to anyone is laughable. Wasn't it your team that ran off to Baltimore and became a great team after years of sucking in Cleveland? And now you have another pretty crappy team with not a lot of talent, over achieving for a few games, and suddenly they are some kind of dynasty.

Jets will give them the beatdown they deserve. The Jets are just a better team. Mangini will never a be winning coach. He's gone this year anyway.

Why do the Browns "deserve" a beat down? The better team will be shown on the scoreboard Sunday. Mangini was a winning coach two out of three years for you. Your predictive capacity has never been proven so I don't know if I'm going to believe your predictions anyway.

You can always tell when a team and its fans are scared, They Shoot Their Mouths Off , is that you Braylon??

Browns 38 Jests 13

Ummm.....dude. I'm a Jets fan. I though that was abudantly clear. I don't alway drink the green koolaid. I'm skeptical of the new regime and hence more critical. I just call them like i see them.

BTW, to those that think the Jets GM is some kind of great talent evaluator, just remember how our 1st/2nd draft picks are doing. It's funny that some try so hard to take credit away from Mangini by saying Tannenbaum was the main driving force in picking all those good players but Gholston? No....that one's on Mangina. Laughable logic.

No. I have it on first hand authority. Herm's locker room had a lot of lazy POS. There was no professional attitude and that's from someone who was there before and after Herm was let go. His players did whatever the hell they wanted.

You have talked to Jets players first hand? That's pretty cool.

Herm was too relaxed with his players. That is well documented and is one of the reasons he was fired. You talked in the context of discipline and Herm's teams were very disciplined on the field, never penalized. If you were a player for Herm, life was good. He overlooked players being overweight amongst other issues. I am not trying to say that Herm was a good coach because he wasn't. But Herm won a playoff game as HC and Mangini didn't.

I do think that Mangini definitely left the franchise in better shape than it was when he got here. But they didn't win any playoff games under him and have turned over a lot on the roster since he left. Rex was a good hire because they spent years getting 3 - 4 players and they could hit the ground running. Mangini also caused players to be paranoid and that didn't work for everyone (D'Brick). And Mangini couldn't find a place for some talented players that didn't fit into his 3 - 4 vision (Vilma). That was his shortcoming here.

Like I said earlier though, if it wasn't for the new stadium and PSL fiasco Mangini would have been given a longer leash. I definitely root for him. Good to see him letting his guard down more, his mini Belichick routine needed to go.

You can always tell when a team and its fans are scared, They Shoot Their Mouths Off , is that you Braylon??

Browns 38 Jests 13

As a Jet fan...and the years of letdowns...Im nervous for every game.....however....the Jets are the better team....and with the Jets run game....and your serious lack of receivers....the Jets should win this game by double digits.

....however....the Jets are the better team....and with the Jets run game....and your serious lack of receivers....the Jets should win this game by double digits.

I don't know why you think this. Your QB plays like a rookie lately. If we can play to stop the run and force Sanchize to beat us, we just might have a game. Plus I am not very afraid of the Jets running game as I am confident in my own OL and RB. Double digits? Really? @ Cleveland? No way dude. Sanchez is regressing every game, the OC of the Jets is catching heat, and Cleveland is gaining confidence, which the same cannot be said for your offense.

I don't know why you think this. Your QB plays like a rookie lately. If we can play to stop the run and force Sanchize to beat us, we just might have a game. Plus I am not very afraid of the Jets running game as I am confident in my own OL and RB. Double digits? Really? @ Cleveland? No way dude. Sanchez is regressing every game, the OC of the Jets is catching heat, and Cleveland is gaining confidence, which the same cannot be said for your offense.

I didn't make the double digit statement so I am not going to try and defend it.

But Sanchez is not regressing each game. He had a very good game last week, his first time over 300 yards in his career. The O\C is having a hard time and worrying too much about personalities (Edwards, Holmes) and worries about making everyone happy. But Sanchez was so\so in the Packers game and was plagued by drops. He didn't have a great game but was ok.

The point is, he isn't regressing. He is having a very solid year.

I didn't make the double digit statement so I am not going to try and defend it.

But Sanchez is not regressing each game. He had a very good game last week, his first time over 300 yards in his career. The O\C is having a hard time and worrying too much about personalities (Edwards, Holmes) and worries about making everyone happy. But Sanchez was so\so in the Packers game and was plagued by drops. He didn't have a great game but was ok.

The point is, he isn't regressing. He is having a very solid year.

hey Max..owner of the best Jets board by far www.Jetnation.com. Sanchez jury is still out, theres a chance he might be an average to slightly above average NFL QB. I have to see greatness in him..He doesn't seem to be all about it. Lets face it the Jets are built to win now..The window is small and the one thing I will say the Jets sloppiness in penalties,turnovers and discipline would concern me..People were making fun of Mangini's lap running, but Rex's 10 push ups for mistakes in practice is quite lame,

If this is in fact THE MAX Browns fan should visit the website..great banter, excellent intelligent posters

hey Max..owner of the best Jets board by far www.Jetnation.com. Sanchez jury is still out, theres a chance he might be an average to slightly above average NFL QB. I have to see greatness in him..He doesn't seem to be all about it. Lets face it the Jets are built to win now..The window is small and the one thing I will say the Jets sloppiness in penalties,turnovers and discipline would concern me..People were making fun of Mangini's lap running, but Rex's 10 push ups for mistakes in practice is quite lame,

If this is in fact THE MAX Browns fan should visit the website..great banter, excellent intelligent posters

Hey Peter -- thanks for the kind words. Yes that is my site. Didn't plug it on here because I stopped by to check out what Browns fans were thinking. Found this board to be good, there wasn't a lot of smack and although the Browns fans were confident everyone here seemed realistic. Now that I have seen the Browns play, I realize why the fans were so confident.

Very impressive team. Great game and the Jets definitely got lucky. I always liked Chansi Stuckey and felt bad for him.

The Browns had a great game plan. Your franchise is definitely headed in the right direction. Colt was very impressive. Your running back had me scared on TV, that guy is a truck. I think the Browns need to upgrade the wide receivers next year and get a little faster on defense...

Next year is going to be a good year for Cleveland. Great game today...

Archived