THE BROWNS BOARD

Time to Appreciate Pork Chop

shepwrite

Just read that the Browns are 6-0 in the last six games Womack started at RT. Holmgren came into the season saying Womack is a "late bloomer" who is now playing the best football of his career.

Is it time to stop saying the Browns should be looking for a new starter at right tackle? I think so. Womack is NOT ancient by OL standards, where guys regularly play to 36, 37... and he doesn't have all that much wear on his tires after being a spot starter through his 20s.

If Lauvao comes around, I say this line is set next year.

well, what if FW gets hurt? you need to ALWAYS be looking. they could find a gem in the mid rounds and groom him, allowing for that elite WR with the 1st pick. but we need to be like shark teeth and build depth, on the lines especially. we're super thin.

i liked Floyd's play last year too. it's a head scratcher how he keeps ending up at the bottom of the depth chart in the offseason. prototypical size maybe? and he's a great road grader, but he's no blue chipper bookend to Joe.

The difference in the Browns oline, with St. Claire OUT of there, is huge.

What a tremendous improvement in the Browns' ability to call different plays to the right side.

Fluges called me and pimped him some Billy Yates, and Fluges knows the OL. He says Yates is playing his ass off, blowing guys off the ball, and that's why Lauvao is on the bench. You can't pull a guy for playing great, even if your RG of the future is getting antsy.

Nice depth at RG. I figure we'll draft/sign another RT... but not before round 4.

Archived