THE BROWNS BOARD

Why aren't we seeing more Moore?

USFBrown

Evan made a huge and athletic catch in the game against New England. He's a solid pass catcher and a giant target. Sounds like what our team really needs. I'm not at the games so I can't tell if he's in the game or he can't get open. But why isn't he involved more in the offense and pass plays? He seems like our only true deep threat.

Anyone care to give insight?

I don't think that it is as much he isn't getting in, it is just where is is at on reads. He is the number two TE on the roster and the back up slot reciever. When he is in he is far from getting the first, second, and in some cases even the third read. This kid is going to be good that is for sure, but right now Watson is better and doesn't deserve to have time taken away, and right now Stuckey has shown up to be a good slot option. We will continue to see Moore getting thrown to, espessially with McCoy starting, but he is only going to contribute the way he has, with 1 or 2 20+ catches a game.

he's a receiving TE, and Royal is a better blocker and one of the reasons for Hillis' success. we aren't a "balanced" offense anymore, we're run first. if Evan improves his blocking he'll shove Robert off the map.

plus we don't see him as much because there haven't been a ton of 3rd and long situations. no worries, he's not going away.

Archived