THE BROWNS BOARD

WTF!!

dawg08

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WOW!! What the hell was Daboll thinking there! Terrible play calling and playing not to lose!! This is just another reason to fire this POS!!

What a way to lose a game!!

are you serious??? we just beat 2 of the best teams in the league and held another to a 20-20 tie until seconds left in OT and loss because of a bad play by wright to let holmes free and you want to fire daboll? get serious. this team is way sooo much better than last year but all you doom and gloom fans want to fire coaches. relax dude.

are you serious??? we just beat 2 of the best teams in the league and held another to a 20-20 tie until seconds left in OT and loss because of a bad play by wright to let holmes free and you want to fire daboll? get serious. this team is way sooo much better than last year but all you doom and gloom fans want to fire coaches. relax dude.

That was still the worst playcalling I've ever seen. I'm not saying fire him, but he was clearly playing for the tie at the end of OT.

Guest Metcalf_FTW

How the hell were we playing for the tie when we threw on first down backed up against our own endzone? You are a moron. Daboll has been fantastic this year. It's not his fault we can't hold onto the football and the Jets offense kept our defense on the field all day. Please stop bitching. You don't know shit.

Can you at least be specific on what Deboll did? If it was when we were on the 5 in OT, that wasn't his fault. That was the HC call and it was more of the Ofence not being able to get out there and get the play ran.

Why is that all of a sudden the HC call and not on the offensive coordinator?

It was a fabulous game and I thoroughly enjoyed everything but the final score. It's easy to second guess everyone and every thing but I thought it was great to see a Browns team that can play ANYBODY tough.

If Colt's pass to Watson on first down at the 2 is 1 foot lower its a 30 yard gain and a chance to win.

If Stuckey doesn't fumble we have a chance to win.

They play calling wasn't GREAT today, but it wasn't bad. Get real guys...swallow the tough loss and lets move on to next week.

Dabs playcalling and gameplan were head on, we didnt play this game to lose we played smart and still lost to a superior team even though we had our share of chances, it was a great game and win or lose our browns are playing great football and its a work in progress we are only going to get better...

As for the coaching it was very good the coaches dont fumble or get stripped trying to gain those extra inches after some great playcalling by dabs and excellent options for and from mccoy...

How the hell were we playing for the tie when we threw on first down backed up against our own endzone? You are a moron. Daboll has been fantastic this year. It's not his fault we can't hold onto the football and the Jets offense kept our defense on the field all day. Please stop bitching. You don't know shit.

Throwing on our own five doesn't mean shit when 3 of the 4 routes are hitches and crosses. It's not stretching the field. It's like downfield was never an issue today. I understand that's more on McCoy's reads than the playcalling, but I'd rather just blame Daboll. So you can xxxx off.

Kiss my xxxxing ass. I've forgotten more about football than you know.

We should have won this game! Did you see the 2nd half stats. The D was on the field the whole 2nd half! And what the hell were they doing on their own 4 yrd line with 2 minutes left in the OT. One deep pass and then you run the clock down. Then you have your QB take a dive on your own 2 yrd line?? Daboll is a joke!!! Gave no room for the punter to punt, giving them the ball on our side of the field with 35 secs.. They would have kicked the fg anyway and won. Just played not lose and having to depend on the D once again. HORRIBLE!!

Throwing on our own five doesn't mean shit when 3 of the 4 routes are hitches and crosses. It's not stretching the field. It's like downfield was never an issue today. I understand that's more on McCoy's reads than the playcalling, but I'd rather just blame Daboll. So you can xxxx off.

Sorry man. You're wrong. We threw a ball down the middle from our endzone, and we were playing for a tie???

LOL. Right.

Seriously. STFU. You sound as dumb as Rich4Eagle right now...

Why is that all of a sudden the HC call and not on the offensive coordinator?

Time outs are the HC job. Period. If Daboll wanted to go for the tie, he would have ran it 3 times in a row. And you want him to stretch the field!? With what! We don't have a down the field option on our team! You must have forgotten alot about football because you don't know shit!

We should have won this game! Did you see the 2nd half stats. The D was on the field the whole 2nd half! And what the hell were they doing on their own 4 yrd line with 2 minutes left in the OT. One deep pass and then you run the clock down. Then you have your QB take a dive on your own 2 yrd line?? Daboll is a joke!!! Gave no room for the punter to punt, giving them the ball on our side of the field with 35 secs.. They would have kicked the fg anyway and won. Just played not lose and having to depend on the D once again. HORRIBLE!!

Did you even watch the game? He didn't take a dive because that was the play call. He took a dive because if he hadn't it would have been a safety and the game would be over. Are you freaking kidding me?

Guest Metcalf_FTW

Um, first down backed up we threw downfield over the middle to Watson. To you really want us taking a chance deep to Brian Robiskie or Mo Mass being covered by Revis? Apparently you don't know shit. The only football you know is what you watch sitting in your parent's basement in your pajamas eating doritos. Anyways, I would love to hear better options on playcalling with Cribbs out and basically no down field threat. Notice when Evan Moore came in the game Revis would cover him? That is because he was the only thing that remotely scared them. They can cover Robo and Mo Mass all day. The only thing they were afraid of was a jumpball to Evan Moore, which we tried in OT, but the throw was way off from McCoy. Again, I would love to hear some detailed options, other than, "THROW IT DEEP!"

Sorry man. You're wrong. We threw a ball down the middle from our endzone, and we were playing for a tie???

LOL. Right.

Seriously. STFU. You sound as dumb as Rich4Eagle right now...

You know there was more than that one play called in the game today, right? An NFL game is made up of not only one play, but a multitude of them. With Cribbs out and our trickeration factor severly limited, Daboll's playcalling was hindered. And it showed.

Trick plays had a very large influence on our past two wins.

That was still the worst playcalling I've ever seen. I'm not saying fire him, but he was clearly playing for the tie at the end of OT.

but that was kind of dictated by the fact that we intercepted the ball at the 2 and were backed up really bad. one mistake, game over. they did try the pass that mccoy overthrew.......after that mccoy almost ate a safety in the end zone, not much else you could do. the previous series we were going for the win no doubt. then stuckey fumbled. game was ours. if we would have won, which we had the chance to do and should have, would you still be pissed about the play calling?

i'm actually pretty happy (considering we lost) with the team and the whole org. i see really good things in the future and i haven't been able to say that in a long time.

Um, first down backed up we threw downfield over the middle to Watson. To you really want us taking a chance deep to Brian Robiskie or Mo Mass being covered by Revis? Apparently you don't know shit. The only football you know is what you watch sitting in your parent's basement in your pajamas eating doritos. Anyways, I would love to hear better options on playcalling with Cribbs out and basically no down field threat. Notice when Evan Moore came in the game Revis would cover him? That is because he was the only thing that remotely scared them. They can cover Robo and Mo Mass all day. The only thing they were afraid of was a jumpball to Evan Moore, which we tried in OT, but the throw was way off from McCoy. Again, I would love to hear some detailed options, other than, "THROW IT DEEP!"

+1

This Browns team needs playmakers. Playmakers make the plays, and as for the others, they don't. In this case, this would mean Robiskie and Massaqoui. They both need benched or worse, cut.

You are a Retard if you think that he had McCoy go down on the play. McCoy went down to avoid the safety which would have lost us the game. You want a scape goat and it sure as hell isn't Daboll. What was it at some point in the game, they had 45 plays to our 22 and the total offensive yards for both teams were still the same, sounds like bad play calling to me. If you want to blame someone, how about Stuckey, or the 5 people on defense who missed sacks, or Elams dropped pick. This was a TEAM lose and you can not lay it on the O Coordinator.

but that was kind of dictated by the fact that we intercepted the ball at the 2 and were backed up really bad. one mistake, game over. they did try the pass that mccoy overthrew.......after that mccoy almost ate a safety in the end zone, not much else you could do. the previous series we were going for the win no doubt. then stuckey fumbled. game was ours. if we would have won, which we had the chance to do and should have, would you still be pissed about the play calling?

i'm actually pretty happy (considering we lost) with the team and the whole org. i see really good things in the future and i haven't been able to say that in a long time.

Atypical Cleveland fan happy just to be in the game. You lose, big deal, sheeshs!! Should have tried something short, instead of airing it out on the first play, then they sit on their @ss the next 2 plays praying for a tie!! What a joke. PLAY TO WIN!!!!!!

Atypical Cleveland fan happy just to be in the game. You lose, big deal, sheeshs!! Should have tried something short, instead of airing it out on the first play, then they sit on their @ss the next 2 plays praying for a tie!! What a joke. PLAY TO WIN!!!!!!

how do you know what type of fan i am? i didn't say "oh we lose...no big deal". don't put words in my mouth. i was proud of the way our team played and i like the direction they are going in. sometimes you have to look at the bigger picture. this team is head and shoulders above teams since our reinstatement into the league.........discipline, team play, oragnized........looking good. lot's of teams wish they had the foundation that our org shows and it will only get better.

if you're so angry go punch the drunk outside your door. oops, sorry you don't hit women. especially when it's your mom. :lol:

Tell me when I said throw it deep. I said downfield was never an option for us. You don't have to have a Randy Moss to have downfield threat. You can run 5 linemen as wideouts and have a downfield threat. Just because Cribbs is out doesn't give Daboll carte blanche to stop sending any receivers on a fly.

It's football 101....you send your receivers downfield to spread the field. It's called a smokeout, and it's the basis of the spread offense. Running them downfield gives the defense less defenders to work with in order to stop the run. It's especially effective against defenses that blitz heavily (like the Jets defense), because once the runningback clears the first level (the blitz), the second level is cleared and all that is in front of him is the defensive secondary which is occupied by offensive wideouts. The wideouts that were sent on the fly then can provide downfield blocks. The smokeout is perfect for teams with no legitimate receiving threats, because after being gouged by the run, the secondary will either start to cheat in or play the deep routes very soft, expecting the offense to run.

BUT... since Cribbs is out, we pack everything in tight and run the ball. The Jets are easily able to stack the box, and even if they didn't, our low number routes (crosses, hitches) compact the defensive players in tight which gives the runningback even more defenders to beat. The low number routes are great when you have YAC recievers, but I haven't really seen one of those on our roster in a while. And then, when we get stifled on the run, we run the low number routes that keep our receivers underneath the sticks, which puts us in third down because....once again....we have no YAC recievers.

Like I said before, our two wins were influenced heavily by trick plays and great defensive plays. Once you take those two things away, it exploits Daboll's playcalling.

Oh, and Revis was covering Moore because Revis is no longer considered the number one corner in New York. He hasn't been all season. Cromartie has been the #1 all season.

Revis has been covering slot receivers and #2 receivers since coming back from his injury.

It's nothing to do with our lack of playmakers as it's just the basics of setting up a defense.

Once again, something you would know if you knew jackshit about anything.

Archived