THE BROWNS BOARD

Why place blame?

Canton Mike

Before the season, most folks had us losing at least these past 3 games. We won 2 of the 3 & folks want to place blame for this loss?

Stuckey's fumble was a result of his trying to do too much..I'll bet Dallas would like a player like that! I'll stick with Stuckey.

Hayden's pick should have been batted down? SURE!...But he's a rookie who made a play..Why discourage him?

We lose Cribbs, Brown, & Fujita & STILL push a team with superior talent to the wall!

Colt established himself (IMHO) as not only our QB of the future, but of TODAY!

We saw a great game & we need to appreciate that, for the first time since the Brown's return, we have a TEAM!!!

This was a loss...I'm disappointed that we lost, but DAMN proud of the effort from our Browns & if you don't love this team, SHAME on you!

Mike

Before the season, most folks had us losing at least these past 3 games. We won 2 of the 3 & folks want to place blame for this loss?

Stuckey's fumble was a result of his trying to do too much..I'll bet Dallas would like a player like that! I'll stick with Stuckey.

Hayden's pick should have been batted down? SURE!...But he's a rookie who made a play..Why discourage him?

We lose Cribbs, Brown, & Fujita & STILL push a team with superior talent to the wall!

We saw a great game & we need to appreciate that, for the first time since the Brown's return, we have a TEAM!!!

This was a loss...I'm disappointed that we lost, but DAMN proud of the effort from our Browns & if you don't love this team, SHAME on you!

Mike

We lost. That is all...

We are a team in the phase one of three rebuilding process, its unbelievable that this team can even hang with the big boys let alone beat 2 and force an overtime that was 16 seconds from a draw with a great club like the jets who are arguably the best team in the nfl...

We have an excellent regime in place for once and the coaching has improved drastically it appears that dabs only needed a good QB to execute his playbook!

This season isnt over and our schedule is weaker from here on in, lets see what happens!

Im guessing 8-8 and at worst 7-9..

This game highlighted the weaknesses of the Cleveland Browns....

1) Lack of consistent pass rush (which allowed long yardage conversions). When we did get to Sanchez, WE DIDN'T WRAP HIS ASS UP!!!

2) One CB short. Sheldon Brown going out only amplified the fact that Eric Wright is not a very good football player. Cotchery on one leg makes a freak catch while Wright stops covering him. DPI. On the final play, he didn't even drive on the slant.

3)WR play. Look, I don't think that our WRs are great but today there were just enough plays made in the passing game. You can argue all you want about Stuckey fighting for extra yards and wanting a "gamer" like that on your team but the first imperative for all offensive skill players is to secure the football.

I don't think you can hang your head too much after this game. You lost Cribbs, Fujita and Brown in the first half. The rookie QB missed some throws but he led the drive to tie the game and to win the game before the fumble.

I think McCoy is our future QB for sure. We need some Wide Receivers, a couple of Defensive players that can rush the QB, and get rid of Eric Wright. That should make us extremely competitive.

Well I would argue that we are "extremely competitive" right now.. we have been in every game.. making the adjustments you mentioned will help us to turn those close losses into wins..

Simple truth is, the Browns are playing INTENSELY, as a TEAM,

the playcalling is terrific, for the most part, the Browns are playing

all out, kickass football. The defense was going against an outstanding offensive line,

Braylon Wailin Edwards was embarrassed and pretty much ineffective in being a part of the win,

the Browns had injuries....

Too bad the onside kick didn't work. That means the Browns can and will do everything they possibly can

to win more games.

Enough of the complaining. The Browns are freakin exciting to watch, and they took an outstanding football team

to the last seconds in overtime.

I'm excited for the the Browns. I don't get the complaining.

''That's a tough team, they're going to win a lot of games,'' Jets coach Rex Ryan said. ''I don't want to do this game over.''

This is our identity, even in the midst of a rebuild we are no longer the candy coated wimps that other teams and their fans look forward to playing with smiling faces, whom in their minds had already won before the game was even played, we are no longer that team you dont even have to prepare for to beat..

This is the real beginning of the new cleveland browns!

Hats off to coach mangini and his assistants for a job well done but they are not yet completely done...

Colt McCoy is looking more and more like the answer as he makes dabs growing playbook look very good..

Hillis is a beast and just thinking of a healthy hillis/hardesty combo next year is mouthwatering to say the least..

We are only a few players away from being a legit playoff caliber team...

Mike holmgren will in the end remain patient and effective as our czar by mentoring and tutoring and yes sometimes nudging coach mangini into being the next great coach of the nfl!

Placing any blame on Stuckey is a tough one. Sure that is the initial reaction but he was just looking for a few more yards. Protecting the ball should have been his 1st priority though and he should know that. I saw mighty mite game end that way when a kid carrying the ball standing straight up fighting for extra yards had the ball stripped and ran back for a TD.

The d-line and pass rush got pushed around yesterday which kept them on the field WAY too long. But, considering the jets are a top team this year and the Browns took them to the last min. of OT you can't be too disappointed. I still never like loosing.

Placing any blame on Stuckey is a tough one. Sure that is the initial reaction but he was just looking for a few more yards. Protecting the ball should have been his 1st priority though and he should know that. I saw mighty mite game end that way when a kid carrying the ball standing straight up fighting for extra yards had the ball stripped and ran back for a TD.

The d-line and pass rush got pushed around yesterday which kept them on the field WAY too long. But, considering the jets are a top team this year and the Browns took them to the last min. of OT you can't be too disappointed. I still never like loosing.

The Jets' offensive line is outstanding. Mangini brought in Mangold, Woody and Ferguson in his time in NY. Brandon Moore is the only guy that Mangini inherited from Edwards. LG is new but otherwise there's been a lot of continuity. Sanchez is infrequently sacked and their run game is stout.

We are a team in the phase one of three rebuilding process, its unbelievable that this team can even hang with the big boys let alone beat 2 and force an overtime that was 16 seconds from a draw with a great club like the jets who are arguably the best team in the nfl...

We have an excellent regime in place for once and the coaching has improved drastically it appears that dabs only needed a good QB to execute his playbook!

This season isnt over and our schedule is weaker from here on in, lets see what happens!

Im guessing 8-8 and at worst 7-9..

We are in phase two actually. We purged the sh*t players and infused the roster with Mangini's guys. He has also managed to change the culture and the attitude of the entire roster. Now, we need one off-season to upgrade in spots like CB and WR and we will be a playoff team with young players in all the key areas. Stage three is this offseason. This team has turned the corner and it is absolutely beautiful to watch.

Mike

mike, you continue to show why you are one of the best posters on this board. you use your head and look at the big picture. keep it coming, sir.

mike, you continue to show why you are one of the best posters on this board. you use your head and look at the big picture. keep it coming, sir.

Thanks for the compliment...I'm humbled & most likely not deserving, but thanks!

Lots of great responses & I have to say that the level of play our Coaching staff has gotten out of the talent we have compiled so far is truly amazing.

Go Browns!

Mike

Archived