THE BROWNS BOARD

Wade Phillips available

We need Tom Tupa

Guest Aloysius

I'd love for us to bring in Phillips to be our DC.

It should be interesting to see what Jerry Jones does with Jason Garrett. Though not as drastic, Garrett's had a Chud-like rise & fall in his rep over the past two years. Ray Lewis was talking after the game about how obvious Dallas's offensive gameplan was & Romo was complaining about how they had trouble figuring out Baltimore's defensive scheme.

If you check out Cowboys boards, it seems like their fans are more pissed at Garrett than they are at Phillips.

the cowboys were never as good as they should have been all year, and they wasted and all-time season from demarcus ware. in a couple of key situations where the cowboys were trying to stop the ravens last night, the D let people rip off huge runs for TDs, so it's somewhat surprising to me that garrett is feeling the heat as much as wade is.

i'd love to bring wade in as DC next year, as well.

Ray Lewis was talking after the game about how obvious Dallas's offensive gameplan was

He was telling Deion and Marshall that before the game yesterday.

I was comparing Garrett to Chud yesterday myself. Garrett must've lost himself a little fan and management support yesterday. His playcalling/gameplan was positively dreadful.

And yes, I'd love to see Phillips as our DC.

Guest Aloysius

Mark Schlereth also ripped Garrett after the game for not making any adjustments during the game, like switching to max protection to contain the Ravens' pass rush.

Must have missed your Garrett=Chud comment yesterday, mz the pussy. I was too busy "scouting" average players on mediocre college teams ;)

Yeah, no way they bring him back after that. Anyone want him for DC?

We should know in a month or two whether or not Jason Garret will be available. I cant imagine Jerry Jones delaying his decision any longer than absolutely necessary. My guess is that he gets the job, but does Jones pass on Holmgren?

He is a Caretaker.... GL ... Dont go there (Bud Carson)

Forget Holmgren, forget Garrett, I know you Brownies want Cowher, but if he is available I just don't see Dallas passing on him. Name me one other team that would be more attractive to Cowher than Dallas? Jerry Jones is willing to dish out big bucks for a coach, are the Lerners? Further, Dallas will dish out big bucks for big name players. After years of losing his top players cause the Rooney's wouldn't pay (big bonuses), Cowher will be chomping at the bit to work for a team like Dallas. Further, if he goes to your city, he's got major rebuilding to do. Major rebuilding = greater chance at failing, failing = future salary reduction/firing. In Dallas he has pretty much all of the components he needs already in place. If you were Cowher, which city would you rather coach right now? If you were Jerry Jones, what other coach available do you think is better than Cowher?

the cowboys were never as good as they should have been all year, and they wasted and all-time season from demarcus ware. in a couple of key situations where the cowboys were trying to stop the ravens last night, the D let people rip off huge runs for TDs, so it's somewhat surprising to me that garrett is feeling the heat as much as wade is.

i'd love to bring wade in as DC next year, as well.

Phillips is a very good DC but like some other coordinators can't make that step up to running the whole show. He runs a very different 3-4 scheme. He gives the DL one gap responsibility and brings pressure for all angles. Might be the only form of the 3-4 that our players could excell in. He would come with Marty.

Forget Holmgren, forget Garrett, I know you Brownies want Cowher, but if he is available I just don't see Dallas passing on him. Name me one other team that would be more attractive to Cowher than Dallas? Jerry Jones is willing to dish out big bucks for a coach, are the Lerners? Further, Dallas will dish out big bucks for big name players. After years of losing his top players cause the Rooney's wouldn't pay (big bonuses), Cowher will be chomping at the bit to work for a team like Dallas. Further, if he goes to your city, he's got major rebuilding to do. Major rebuilding = greater chance at failing, failing = future salary reduction/firing. In Dallas he has pretty much all of the components he needs already in place. If you were Cowher, which city would you rather coach right now? If you were Jerry Jones, what other coach available do you think is better than Cowher?

I dont want Cowher. I think those that do are smoking some pretty good shit.

Mark Schlereth also ripped Garrett after the game for not making any adjustments during the game, like switching to max protection to contain the Ravens' pass rush.

Must have missed your Garrett=Chud comment yesterday, mz the pussy. I was too busy "scouting" average players on mediocre college teams ;)

I actually only said it to myself, so there was nothing to miss. :)

From Rotoworld:

ESPN's Chris Mortensen said Monday that he sees Cowboys coach Wade Phillips' job as "completely safe" beyond this season.

While a loss at Philly in Week 17 would potentially end Dallas' season and have most Cowboys fans calling for Phillips' head, Mort says the struggling economy could weigh into owner Jerry Jones' decision. Mortensen also says Jones is a man of his word and has repeatedly said Phillips' job is safe.

Jerry has a tough decision to make. Dallas fans are not going to want to stand pat after that debacle, plus they haven't won the last game of the year since 1999. Romo is a choker and the feeling is there is too much talent on that team not to make the playoffs.

I just don't understand why owners make comments like they do before evaluating everything after it plays out. I like Jerry, but he shouldn't have did the proverbial job guarantee crap.

I would not be disappointed with Wade as D-ccoordinator, but I don't think he'd be my first choice.

Archived