THE BROWNS BOARD

Aren't the Patriots the team....

Dawgstucknpa

Hey....I was just thinking....aren't the Patriots the team the Browns ran all over and embarassed last week?

That's what I thought....It's strange how a team as complete and dominant as the Steelers got DOMINATED by the same team we DOMINATED...

I can't figure it out...unless the Steelers are just OVERRATED with a poor secondary, predictable offense and poor backups....

who knows?!?!?!

You can't apply the transitive property to football. Every week you're fielding a different team, with a different matchup and gameplan to address that matchup.

too logical.

we're looking for a reason to jump on the trolls that live here, to hear their excuses or reasoning for how this happened.

this year is crazy though. a lot of parody. sure there are the top teams but the rest are up and down like the blue streak at cedar point.

You can't apply the transitive property to football. Every week you're fielding a different team, with a different matchup and gameplan to address that matchup.

Yup, the Browns just got the Patriots very mad. I guarantee you had Brady played like that against the Browns, it would have been a totally different game. But really, this has been a totally wacky year. Seems "on any given Sunday" is truer than ever. The Cowboys and Broncos come out of the dumpster to beat the Giants and Chiefs respectively.

Larry,

I disagree with you totally on this. The Browns didn't beat the PAtriots by the " On ANy Given Sunday" rule. Maybe Brady has a less than Steller day, but you can't blame all the Pats shortcomings on their shit performance. THe Browns did some physical ass kicking.

If that was any given Sunday, then the Browns would have gone back to getting clobbered today. That didn't happen.

I am not saying that they are ready for prime time, we both know they need some additions. At the same time, these guys aren't laying down and despite the shortcommings they are playing hard and they made the Jets work today. Save a fumble on OT, who knows, this could have been our game.

7 pts behind, we tie it up and get to OT? MAke the OT almost run out, having a chance to win screwed up by a fumble?

Sorry bro, that's not any given Sunday.

The Steelers today? THey got clobbered by TWO teams we beat. SO shoudl I believe we won because of the any given sunday phenomenon, and the Steelers got beat by New England and New Orleans for the same reason?

Sorry, I don't buy it. Here is what is happening. The gap between the best teams in teh NFL and the Cleveland browns has narrowed. We aren't getting embarassed, we aren't laying down and we aren't making asses of ourselves. I like Mangini and I think the Browns play with intensity that DOES cause pressure and it is making it harder to beat us.

The Steelers aren't that good. I am nto saying they are horse meat, but they aren't a world beater. Ward is gtting old, people are getting wise to big dumb gay Ben and if the Browns don't shoot themselves in the foot, they will beat the Steelers.

Why is it so hard to believe that the PAts who ass pounded the booger pickers today were not teh same team we ass pounded? HIllis just was lucky to wear them down? Sorry, we kicked the shit out of them, The left not bitching about mistakes that gave it away, the left with bruises and bitchslapped egos.

Why do you think the PAts were on today and the Steelers were off? Hell, Cincy beat teh Steelers to hell, Wards TD would have been overruled if MArvin Lewis red flagged the obvious mis-call. That leaves CIncy kicking a FG for the win.

Sorry bro. This team can beat anyone, and it isn't because of the any given Sunday thing.

Odd, isn't it? Me breathing firey orange and seal brown? I waited a long time to believe in this team again. We're on the way bro.

Just like I told you in 1995 that Bill B would be a SB winning head coach. I am telling you now, you will see the Browns in teh SB no later than teh 2012 season.

Ok you bet the Pats and the Browns were playing at the top of their game, BUT if you for one second thought the Pats were even close to their B game never mind their A game then you watched a totally different game!!

Now as I said before I think it would been a much better game if the Pats team from last night had shown up and not the sleep walking one.. Would the pats have won?? ~~shrug ~~ not sure but would have been a damn fun game to watch.

And Brown fans the Pats are good we beat EVERYONE ELSE in the AFC north and 2 of them we spanked like red headed step children..

Ok you bet the Pats and the Browns were playing at the top of their game, BUT if you for one second thought the Pats were even close to their B game never mind their A game then you watched a totally different game!!

Now as I said before I think it would been a much better game if the Pats team from last night had shown up and not the sleep walking one.. Would the pats have won?? ~~shrug ~~ not sure but would have been a damn fun game to watch.

And Brown fans the Pats are good we beat EVERYONE ELSE in the AFC north and 2 of them we spanked like red headed step children..

HA! Evil ginger kids put aside, even if you guys brought your A game against the Browns, it would have been a close game like the one we just had against the Jets. It wouldn't have been a blow out, which is the point that I think every Browns fan in here is trying to make.

HA! Evil ginger kids put aside, even if you guys brought your A game against the Browns, it would have been a close game like the one we just had against the Jets. It wouldn't have been a blow out, which is the point that I think every Browns fan in here is trying to make.

Then I agree with you guys, been close but it sounded to me the guy I quoted thought the Pats DID bring their A game. And the browns just dominated them into looking that bad. (Yes on domination but No they looked that bad from the opening kick) IMO the Browns should be a AFC North contender next year, you just need your young QB get confidence so he can do to Pitt what Brady just did. (FYI I don't think I ever seen Brady's uniform look so shiney and clean after a game as I did last nite. lol)

Archived