THE BROWNS BOARD

How the Dolphins did it.

hammertime

This is not an anti quinn post.

Parcels felt that to make the dolphins his team, Mr. Miami Jason Taylor had to go.

When the new coach starts up in Cleveland who is the locker romm leader that needs to go?

Coaching is only part of the leadership, what players did we count on for leadership in the clubhouse only to have it disinegrate?

Parcels felt that to make the dolphins his team, Mr. Miami Jason Taylor had to go.

When the new coach starts up in Cleveland who is the locker romm leader that needs to go?

Coaching is only part of the leadership, what players did we count on for leadership in the clubhouse only to have it disinegrate?

I think that key injuries were the worst part of the equation. Before the opener when they reported that Donte Stallworth was out with a pulled quad in warmups, that was a killer.

The healthiest game the Browns played all year was against the Giants and the Browns won easy. The second most healthy game was vs the Broncos but they lost, in large part due to the backup QB playing at the owner's request.

And a lot of the teams' problems came directly from the fans. The chanting for Quinn and Cowher hurt the morale of the team. This was evidenced by several players challenging fans to fight outside of the stadium a few games back.

Clearly the 800 lb gorilla in the locker room is Quinn. Because of the fans he is bigger than the team as a whole. Until that changes the Browns will be stuck in this rut.

I do not understand the injury claim. The Browns were essentially injury free this year and the key injuries occurred after the meltdown. NE has had several players put out for the season with injuries and they are in the hunt. The Steelers lost their nos one back for a good part of the season and no 2 back for the whole season and have playoff bye. Denver lost seven running backs. NE lost the best QB in the league in the first seven minutes of play this year. The Giants lost their best pass rusher before the season started. Tennessee lost their starting QB in game two. A lot of teams had way more severe injuries than the Browns

the Browns problem is not injuries it is total lack of depth everywhere as result of paying average players that are starters way too much money and filling the roster with mediocre subs...........average to mediocre at places on the roster in essence is the issue

Not sure how Quinn fits the role of Team leader or DA did not fit the role.........there clearly is no Ray Lewis on D..........or clear on the field leader on O..........

locker room leader ???? ...............

We need to clean house...............top to bottom

Lumbergh Wrote:

And a lot of the teams' problems came directly from the fans. The chanting for Quinn and Cowher hurt the morale of the team. This was evidenced by several players challenging fans to fight outside of the stadium a few games back

Fans don't cause "team" problems. Crappy and hyper-sensitive players are the problem. In order to be physically tough you have to be mentally tough. If a player says "oh boo hoo, he booed me, I can't take it anymore, I'm going home to cry to my mommy" you seriously need to replace that player.

Not that I think DA your answer at QB, however he can't catch his own passes. The highlight (or is it lowlight?) reels from Cleveland clearly show your top recievers dropping many passes they should've caught. Therefore I find your argument hard to believe DA singlehandedly lost every game for the Browns this year. I think DA is the best QB on your team. I think he'd make a wonderful back-up QB. I don't think BQ is starter material.

Lumbergh Wrote:

Fans don't cause "team" problems. Crappy and hyper-sensitive players are the problem. In order to be physically tough you have to be mentally tough. If a player says "oh boo hoo, he booed me, I can't take it anymore, I'm going home to cry to my mommy" you seriously need to replace that player.

Not that I think DA your answer at QB, however he can't catch his own passes. The highlight (or is it lowlight?) reels from Cleveland clearly show your top recievers dropping many passes they should've caught. Therefore I find your argument hard to believe DA singlehandedly lost every game for the Browns this year. I think DA is the best QB on your team. I think he'd make a wonderful back-up QB. I don't think BQ is starter material.

...... based on?

I do not understand the injury claim. The Browns were essentially injury free this year and the key injuries occurred after the meltdown.

You are kidding, right? I have posted about this at least a dozen times:

DA - concussion and no practice until the season started

BE - ankle/foot laceration, no practice until the season started

JJ - IR

Stallworth - OUT until week 6

Peek - IR

R.Smith - IR wk 5

Tucker - out wk 9, coming off surgery, no pre-season

Holly - IR

Friedman - IR

Pool - missed game 1...and ineffective for early season

Jones - missed games 2-6

and that is not even beginning the dings

I do not understand the injury claim. The Browns were essentially injury free this year and the key injuries occurred after the meltdown. NE has had several players put out for the season with injuries and they are in the hunt. The Steelers lost their nos one back for a good part of the season and no 2 back for the whole season and have playoff bye. Denver lost seven running backs. NE lost the best QB in the league in the first seven minutes of play this year. The Giants lost their best pass rusher before the season started. Tennessee lost their starting QB in game two. A lot of teams had way more severe injuries than the Browns

the Browns problem is not injuries it is total lack of depth everywhere as result of paying average players that are starters way too much money and filling the roster with mediocre subs...........average to mediocre at places on the roster in essence is the issue

Not sure how Quinn fits the role of Team leader or DA did not fit the role.........there clearly is no Ray Lewis on D..........or clear on the field leader on O..........

locker room leader ???? ...............

We need to clean house...............top to bottom

with only 3 games to judge quinn on, is he part of the housecleaning? Is there a better QB to be had in the draft? if your going to start all over again is he a 'franchise qb' after only 3 games?

I think that key injuries were the worst part of the equation. Before the opener when they reported that Donte Stallworth was out with a pulled quad in warmups, that was a killer.

The healthiest game the Browns played all year was against the Giants and the Browns won easy. The second most healthy game was vs the Broncos but they lost, in large part due to the backup QB playing at the owner's request.

And a lot of the teams' problems came directly from the fans. The chanting for Quinn and Cowher hurt the morale of the team. This was evidenced by several players challenging fans to fight outside of the stadium a few games back.

Clearly the 800 lb gorilla in the locker room is Quinn. Because of the fans he is bigger than the team as a whole. Until that changes the Browns will be stuck in this rut.

0-3 to injuries yes. the rest was the combo platter of shit from players, coaching, fans. If your quinn is the gorilla then save face and admitt that DA was never the answer at QB

Goodness - they seemed pretty healthy at the Redskins game. Didn't we lose that one? What was Derek Bear's rating with a healthy team in that game?

The 'fans' weren't chanting for Cowher early in the season - they didn't start until it became obvious that

a) The season was lost AND

B) RAC wasn't going to play Quinn when Anderson was stinking it up AND

c) RAC is COMPLETELY lost as a head coach.

But then, you wouldn't know that since you only look at stat lines on the morning following the game.

I don't know if BQ was a locker room cancer or not. When you replace the starter there will almost always be people choosing sides. Other than when he got injured and cheered by some of the Browns fans for being injured has DA said or done anything to make you think he was a locker room cancer?

The reason that the Browns injuries hurt more than New Englands is depth and talent evaluation. The Browns have no depth so when a starter goes down they are in real trouble. And if you look at total losses for the year, New England has lost 5 more games than last year, so have the Browns. Difference is where they started from. Cleveland is not New England.

I think allot of Browns fans over simplify the issues for the Browns. It is all DA, Changing to BQ will solve all the problems. If BQs 3 starts proved anything it is that the Browns have more issues than the QB and also proved that you need two QBs.

After DA is traded the Browns really need to bring in a proven veteran to back up BQ. They need to get more depth on the OL, RBs and receivers. They need to get some play makers on the defense. They have tons of issues to say it is all the Qb is kind of funny.

You start the season with a QB and receiver corp that did not play the preseason together (basically) and against a very very tough schedule. And you blame starting 0 3 as the reason that the team fell apart. I am sure that there is no team anywhere that overcame a 0 - 3 start to accomplish anything. Team and coaches lack character might be more of an issue.

And if you want to point at turning point for the season. Let me think it could have been that perfectly thrown pass from DA to BE against the Cowboys. When he dropped that pass it let all the air out of the offense. Or it could have been the perfectly thrown pass from DA to BE in the second Ravens game. That changed all the momentum in that game going into the fourth quarter. That game would have put the Browns back in the playoff picture.

DA did not play great and deserved to get benched. But, he is not the reason that the Browns season fell apart and him getting traded is not going to make the Browns contenders. DA is the worst QB the Browns have ever had? But he had the second best season in Browns history in his first year as a starter. Wow, that is a big statement there.

Next year will be BQs first year as a starter with 3 starts under his belt going in. He will be 24 (same age as DA and same number of starts going in). If BQ does not thrown for 3700 Yards, have 29 TDs and less than 19 ints then he should be considered the Worst QB in Browns history, is that what you are telling me? Oh and go at least 10 - 6. That is interesting because if BQ does that I think you will call him a God and call him the greatest Qb since Sipe. Oh and one more simularity is that in thier first year of starting they will have a new offensive scheme more than likely. This will actually be a time when you can truley compare the two QBs in similar situations.

I am looking forward to seeing how the Browns do next year and really excited to see what they do in the off season. I want to see who they draft, who they hire as coach, who they trade and what they get for them and who is willing to sign as a Free Agent. It is time for BQ to put on his charms and be the franchise that he is supposed to be a lure FA's to the team.

This is going to be an interesting off season and the Browns organization is lucky that BQ is the QB because the fans WILL give the team a pass for this year and will give them a chance to build on what they have. As far as fan base goes I don't think you can over emphasize the importance of BQ to the organization.

Tucker is a team leader and his presence was really missed.

Why would the fans complain about the team quiting during a game when the fans quit before the game even started? There is a fine line between giving your best and giving what you think is your best. When the crowd is against you at home it would be pretty easy to give up.

with only 3 games to judge quinn on, is he part of the housecleaning? Is there a better QB to be had in the draft? if your going to start all over again is he a 'franchise qb' after only 3 games?

Sorry Hammer you are dealing in the noise......the house cleaning starts with Sewage

BQ will not get moved. And to be honest I don't think there should be a major house cleaning. You do trade DA, this will make the fan base happy and allow the team at least a two year building process as the fan base will accept it better with BQ under center.

Like I said earlier, This coming year is apparantly the year where we make our decision on BQs abilities. He started 3 games the previous year, he will be 24 (I think) and he will be working with a new OC. Basically the same situation as DA was in his first year of starting.

I think it will be an interesting year. The off season should be entertaining and the Draft is huge. This should be a big year for this forum. There is going to be so much to talk about. New coach, trades and finally the draft.

BQ will not get moved. And to be honest I don't think there should be a major house cleaning. You do trade DA, this will make the fan base happy and allow the team at least a two year building process as the fan base will accept it better with BQ under center.

Like I said earlier, This coming year is apparantly the year where we make our decision on BQs abilities. He started 3 games the previous year, he will be 24 (I think) and he will be working with a new OC. Basically the same situation as DA was in his first year of starting.

I think it will be an interesting year. The off season should be entertaining and the Draft is huge. This should be a big year for this forum. There is going to be so much to talk about. New coach, trades and finally the draft.

This forum thrives best under these circumstances.

The team that amazes me with a VERY mediocre quarterback is Carolina. Delhomme is at best the 24th best QB in this league (he has really dull numbers)... but their defense is playing well and they have two truly amazing running backs at the peaks of their careers. But at some point, you ask your quarterback to win for you and I don't think very highly of Delhomme.

*cough*85 Bears*cough*

shep that's because you rank QBs by how sexy you think they are instead of by football ability.

Lums, explain why every football analyst this side of the pacific saw BQ as a first round pick, were they all members of BQ nation? Or were they awestruck by his "stunning" looks and are all gay for BQ? Or maybe, just maybe he might have some serious talent that Warranted a first round pick?

There was a reason DA was drafted in the sixth round and BQ went in the first and it wasnt looks... Do you have any explaination for this phenonmena? Or are you just full of shit and have manlove for DA because he played in Oregon?

• 2 weeks later...

What is mangini's first move???

Who is it gonna be the sacraficial lamb?

Archived