THE BROWNS BOARD

Zorn staying with Redskins

Guest mz.

Common sense (and all of the insiders for awhile now) have claimed that if Bill Cowher is to come back and coach, the Skins would be a preferred landing spot.

With Zorn evidently coming back as HC of the Skins next season, according to talent evaluator extraordinaire(!) /Skins VP Vinny Cerrato, and with the Panthers contending for the Super Bowl (Fox was thought to be on the hot seat and Cowher lives in NC/went to NC State), the Browns look to be his best option if he were to return.

Save for a McDaniels/Pioli combo (I wil not accept McD without Pioli), Cowher as Coach/GM would be atop my management wish list.

Common sense (and all of the insiders for awhile now) have claimed that if Bill Cowher is to come back and coach, the Skins would be a preferred landing spot.

With Zorn evidently coming back as HC of the Skins next season, according to talent evaluator extraordinaire(!) /Skins VP Vinny Cerrato, and with the Panthers contending for the Super Bowl (Fox was thought to be on the hot seat and Cowher lives in NC/went to NC State), the Browns look to be his best option if he were to return.

Save for a McDaniels/Pioli combo (I wil not accept McD without Pioli), Cowher as Coach/GM would be atop my management wish list.

There's no reason why Zorn's job would be in jeopardy... Wait till Romeo gets fired.. you'll see if Cowher is interested or not. He's just being professional right now because RAC still has the job.

While reading this I was sitting here figuring how many HC jobs just might be available.

Cleveland, Detroit, Buffalo, Cincy, KC, St. Louis, SD is still touchy, Oakland, you never know what Jones will do in Dallas, maybe Philly, there has even been speculation that Mangini is on shaky ground with the Jets and then as stated here, Redskins were said to be rethinking things.

Hard business, win or your gone.

Now, is there that many coaches ready to step up to take over a team. I think it is very important for Lerner to move quickly and get this done. If he waits and interviews GMs before he interviews coaches, then some good ones could be gone.

Personally, I don't see Cowher coming. He just doesn't seem to be ready to jump back into the game. I believe Pioli/McDaniel may be a good fit and they might just want to come here. Lerner backed off Pioli last time because of his friendship with the Pats owner.

The more I look and think about it I'm strongly for a FO sweep. I was thinking Savage with a reduced role might work, but know I think, blow it up. Savage's sitting back and not saying shit or doing anything the last month while this team fell apart shows he just wants to be a scout. YOu can't have a owner and a GM that don't want to be in the public.

Let's move on...............................................

Discounting Cowher and Marty, who I think are not going to happen, who's a good fit. GM and HC.

Archived