THE BROWNS BOARD

Who is on Randy Lerners wish list?

Mr. T

Since it is a given fact that Crennel will be Fired after Sundays game... http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1329346/nfl_coaches_that_will_be_fired_after.html

Fox NFL insider Jay Glazer reported that the Browns are not planning on hiring Marty Schottenheimer to replace Crennel. He added that Bill Cowher is Cleveland owner Randy Lerner’s top choice, but the former Steelers boss is unlikely to take a job with another team in Pittsburgh’s division.

Glazer also said Patriots assistant Josh McDaniels and Giants defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo are on the team’s short list of coaching candidates, while New England player personnel director Scott Pioli could become the Browns’ general manager.

What about Billick if Cowher says no?

He does have a Super Bowl Ring, and knows the division pretty good. What we need is a man who knows how to beat the Steelers. This will be our biggest road block no matter how much talent we aquire through free agency or the draft, we need a coach who will take command and knows how to win. He is 9W& 9L Reg. Season vs. the Steelers.

Billick has a 85–67 record in nine seasons , including 5–3 in the playoffs. far better than anyone else we have had in the last decade.

Coaching tree

Assistant coaches under Brian Billick that became head coaches in the NFL:

Jack Del Rio, Jacksonville Jaguars (2003-present)

Marvin Lewis, Cincinnati Bengals (2003-present)

Mike Nolan, San Francisco 49ers (2005-2008)

Mike Singletary San Francisco 49ers (2008-present)

Mike Smith, Atlanta Falcons (2008-present)

Billick Ties to Ohio

born in Fairborn, OH 1954

http://www.daytondailynews.com/o/content/s...f_cowher_s.html

Expect to see Jim Fassel pop up, too, as a candidate. He’s also had some success in the league, taking the New York Giants to the Super Bowl the year the Ravens beat them.

I don't see Pioli coming without McDaniels, which would preclude us from getting Spags because he isn't going to accept a lateral move to DC and neither will McDaniels (to OC).

And T, if we happen to hire Billick or Fassel in any capacity I'll go xxxxing apoplectic.

I would like to see:

GM-Scott Pioli

HC-Steve Spagnuolo

OC-Chud

DC-??

Oh gawd no more chud his cowardly and simplistic gameplans are largely responsible for this years offensive outcome we may as well keep tucker too he is just as impressive on the other side of the ball...first things first this club needs to rid itself of rac and all of his asswipers we need self motivated people that will kick the dog crap out of the spoiled children we call the browns players..pioli is a guy that would begin the process but i would betcha chud would absolutely not be in his plans...

Guest ATENEARS
What about Billick ........... ?

Dude, if you ever mention Billick's name here again as a possible canidate I will personally kick your ass.

I will go as far to say that if Brian Billick is hired here, I will end my fanship with the Cleveland Browns. I hate that MF'er.

He had his chance at coaching in Mecca.

Guest 88fingerslewy

Just kidding Stan, LOL. Merry X-Mas buddy, hope Santa gives all of us what we really want....BOOBIES!!!!

Cue the music........AAAAANNNDDD GO!!!!

Well the look of things is that Savage will keep his job while Romeo is going to be let go.

And as we all know that Savage loves to go back to his roots and that leads me to believe that asshole will be his choice.

billick_i.jpg

HiStan.jpg

BRIAN "The Badass" B.I.L.L.I.C.K is the MAN!!!

One thing I will say in Billicks defense. Name me one player other than Jamaal Lewis that has been drafted on the offensive side of the ball in Baltimore that is worth spit.

Since '96, here are their first round OFFENSIVE picks:

1996 Ogden - good pick, but not a skill guy

2000 Lewis - great RB (the won the SB with him)

2000 Travis Taylor, WR - who???

2001 Heap - nice player...but not a huge impact

2003 Boller - bust

2005 Clayton - best WR on the team...and he is a possession guy

2007 Grubbs - nice OL

In '08 they got Flacco, but asshole is already gone by then.

My point is...they drafted DEFENSE, not offense, so asshole had very little to work with.

One thing I will say in Billicks defense. Name me one player other than Jamaal Lewis that has been drafted on the offensive side of the ball in Baltimore that is worth spit.

Since '96, here are their first round OFFENSIVE picks:

1996 Ogden - good pick, but not a skill guy

2000 Lewis - great RB (the won the SB with him)

2000 Travis Taylor, WR - who???

2001 Heap - nice player...but not a huge impact

2003 Boller - bust

2005 Clayton - best WR on the team...and he is a possession guy

2007 Grubbs - nice OL

In '08 they got Flacco, but asshole is already gone by then.

My point is...they drafted DEFENSE, not offense, so asshole had very little to work with.

Tells me just how bad this season/team is...when i think asshole/Nolan "what an improvement that would be over this disaster we have seen"

I think if asshole is on the short list then Savage may be safe. asshole most likely would keep Chud and bring in Marvin Lewis if he is fired. That really doesn't impress me. Teams adjused to Chud's scheme and he wasn't smart enough to readjust. Was Lewis a good DC in Balt or was the personnel good enough to make Lewis look good. He has had horrible defenses at Cincy.

I would take Wade Phillips as a DC, but not a HC.

I would highly consider Andy Reid is he gets let go. He will bring Jim Johnson with him as DC. Also, if that team is let go in Philly and we brought in Spagnola, he would bring in Jimmy Johnson and I would love that.

That brings me back to Pioli and Josh McDaniels. Great fit but I don't know if Lerner will raid NE because the owner there is his best friend and mentor in the NFL. I remember him saying that he asked for his permission for hiring Crennel and also was told "NO" about taking Pioli.

Marty seems to be out and Cowher again said he isn't interested in coaching in 2009. He said he wants to see his last daughter graduate and move on to college before he thinks about coming back to coaching.

I think the problem might be who do you interview first coaches or GMs. I'd really like to know where he is at on Savage's future. That might give you a clue where he may go for a coach.

Guest ATENEARS
Why the hell don't I get gaydar points or whatever for my astute observations on the Baltimore Badass?

This gay rater is tainted and skewed. Matter of fact, it's just flat out unfair.

Dude, I started the day with only 1 fag-o-meter ranking, I now have 8.

I am a fag-o-meter magnet!

Why the hell don't I get gaydar points or whatever for my astute observations on the Baltimore Badass?

This gay rater is tainted and skewed. Matter of fact, it's just flat out unfair.

Isn't a picture of asshole fag-O enough?

Since it is a given fact that Crennel will be Fired after Sundays game... http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1329346/nfl_coaches_that_will_be_fired_after.html

asshole Ties to Ohio

born in Fairborn, OH 1954

http://www.daytondailynews.com/o/content/s...f_cowher_s.html

Thanks for the good discussion piece. Just a couple questions and random thoughts. I know you're just thinking outloud and bouncing stuff off us so I'm just going to give you some concerns with some of the ideas.

Has Daniels reached puberty yet? It's going to have significance when the next pompous overpaid asshole shows up unmotivated on game day as his infectious attitude spreads into the collective thought: "this ain't NE with Robert Craft in charge." Do we have a Wes Welker opposite our #1 WR? Playing chess on game day changes considerably when you're attacking with nothing but pawns thinking "just give me my damn game check." What would give Daniels the competance that Charlie Weis and Romeo Crennel have lacked when we look at things like experience and dealing with a roster lacking the team leadership they're spoiled with in NE? At least Spags looks like he has the intensity to cut someone's ass right on the spot if necessary. We gotta be careful with getting a guy that's perfect in NFL utopia under strong supervisors because the culture shock here is mowing down Head Coaches like dominos.

As for Brian: full of insults the last time he was approached about coming here - why would he be any different today? For that matter, he had absolutely NO impact on Ray Lewis' defense. I'd rather have a Ray Lewis giving a marginal QB like Trent Dilfer the margin of error that allows you to win important games on days your QB is oonly capable of completing 25-35% of his passes. Ozzie drafted defensive playmakers like Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, and T-Suggs so his defense can score more TDs than passing game by Dilfer. Meanwhile, they had a YOUNGER, more inspired version of Jamal Lewis running 4.2s and 4.3s out of college gaining 2000 yards. We didn't WANT him until his gas tank had fumes in it.

It appears to me the Ratbirds have indicated they've had the most FUN playing defense for Bounty Ryan Jr in Baltimore so what was Harbaugh's first priority? Making sure he stayed, which brought him instant vet cred. If Ryan came here - he'd prolly leave the offense in the hands of someone trustworthy while he's removing estrogen and mini skirts from our defense. This wouldn't even be a thought IF I was confident in Lerner to get Cowher or Marty. There's a reason we're right back where we started from in pursuit of a HC a 4th time since 99. My compass of blame points to WHO does the hiring more than it points to the sequel of who EMERGES as the Scapegoat. If Lerner says Cowher is his #1 guy like Pappa Lerner said asshole was his #1 guy - do we want to hear the next Head Coach wasn't our first choice again? No, we want stimulation of knowing that EVERYONE on this planet has a YES price tag and Lerner just purchased it. THEN I'll trust the "we're gonna compete right away" as something more than lip service.

- Tom F. (Randy should deep 6 some of his hobbies on the other side of the Atlantic or IN itif he's serious about what he's doing as an NFL owner)

Thanks for the good discussion piece. Just a couple questions and random thoughts. I know you're just thinking outloud and bouncing stuff off us so I'm just going to give you some concerns with some of the ideas.

Has Daniels reached puberty yet? It's going to have significance when the next pompous overpaid asshole shows up unmotivated on game day as his infectious attitude spreads into the collective thought: "this ain't NE with Robert Craft in charge." Do we have a Wes Welker opposite our #1 WR? Playing chess on game day changes considerably when you're attacking with nothing but pawns thinking "just give me my damn game check." What would give Daniels the competance that Charlie Weis and Romeo Crennel have lacked when we look at things like experience and dealing with a roster lacking the team leadership they're spoiled with in NE? At least Spags looks like he has the intensity to cut someone's ass right on the spot if necessary. We gotta be careful with getting a guy that's perfect in NFL utopia under strong supervisors because the culture shock here is mowing down Head Coaches like dominos.

As for Brian: full of insults the last time he was approached about coming here - why would he be any different today? For that matter, he had absolutely NO impact on Ray Lewis' defense. I'd rather have a Ray Lewis giving a marginal QB like Trent Dilfer the margin of error that allows you to win important games on days your QB is oonly capable of completing 25-35% of his passes. Ozzie drafted defensive playmakers like Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, and T-Suggs so his defense can score more TDs than passing game by Dilfer. Meanwhile, they had a YOUNGER, more inspired version of Jamal Lewis running 4.2s and 4.3s out of college gaining 2000 yards. We didn't WANT him until his gas tank had fumes in it.

It appears to me the Ratbirds have indicated they've had the most FUN playing defense for Bounty Ryan Jr in Baltimore so what was Harbaugh's first priority? Making sure he stayed, which brought him instant vet cred. If Ryan came here - he'd prolly leave the offense in the hands of someone trustworthy while he's removing estrogen and mini skirts from our defense. This wouldn't even be a thought IF I was confident in Lerner to get Cowher or Marty. There's a reason we're right back where we started from in pursuit of a HC a 4th time since 99. My compass of blame points to WHO does the hiring more than it points to the sequel of who EMERGES as the Scapegoat. If Lerner says Cowher is his #1 guy like Pappa Lerner said asshole was his #1 guy - do we want to hear the next Head Coach wasn't our first choice again? No, we want stimulation of knowing that EVERYONE on this planet has a YES price tag and Lerner just purchased it. THEN I'll trust the "we're gonna compete right away" as something more than lip service.

- Tom F. (Randy should deep 6 some of his hobbies on the other side of the Atlantic or IN itif he's serious about what he's doing as an NFL owner)

Flugs I share the same concerns and hold the whole front office in contempt for not removing Romeo 2 years ago when it didn't need to be done. the problem at that present time was the front office moved to slow and at the end of the 2006 season the first 3 head coaches to be fired were all black coaches and the media was in a frenzy, and sometimes I feel this had something to do with excepting complacency within the organization. then Banda Bing we get a NE Patriots type schedule in 2007 and go 10-6 and RAC is redeemed and Hope is alive!

But what was in store for 2008 season was the fact that RAC would have to actually coach and would not be able to play 7 on 7 football in full pads so to speak. And once you enter into the equation that there were smarter and brighter coaches RAC was doomed.

My request would be to get the Best Damn coach we can find, one who is a proven winner in the NFL.

Flugs I share the same concerns and hold the whole front office in contempt for not removing Romeo 2 years ago when it didn't need to be done. the problem at that present time was the front office moved to slow and at the end of the 2006 season the first 3 head coaches to be fired were all black coaches and the media was in a frenzy, and sometimes I feel this had something to do with excepting complacency within the organization. then Banda Bing we get a NE Patriots type schedule in 2007 and go 10-6 and RAC is redeemed and Hope is alive!

But what was in store for 2008 season was the fact that RAC would have to actually coach and would not be able to play 7 on 7 football in full pads so to speak. And once you enter into the equation that there were smarter and brighter coaches RAC was doomed.

My request would be to get the Best Damn coach we can find, one who is a proven winner in the NFL.

Very good points I wasn't even considering Mr T. I'm anxiously awaiting what Lerner does because it will tell me whether to get excited or just realize I've got the 2nd consecutive Peter Angelos burying a favorite team of mine. Just remember EVERYONE has a yes price tag before we hear if we got our first choice, second choice or 3rd choice this time around. You'll learn whether we're getting more empty lip service or somebody's putting their money where their mouth is.

BTW, I'm LMAO because someone with power and serious style points was replacing former Ratbird Coach Brian's last name with asshole in my reply. I was only crediting the overpaid FA stiffs with that pleasantry. I kept trying to edit it back to Brian's last name and it didn't work until I snuk in Brian. I LOVE the sick basterds we have on this message board. I'm gonna type his name one more time because I need to: Brian asshole. See, you don't get these kinds of goodies on limp wristed message boards that only want "play-nice" nonsense.

- Tom F.

Guest ATENEARS
I kept trying to edit it back to Brian's last name and it didn't work until I snuk in Brian. I LOVE the sick basterds we have on this message board. I'm gonna type his name one more time because I need to: Brian asshole. See, you don't get these kinds of goodies on limp wristed message boards that only want "play-nice" nonsense.

- Tom F.

Ahhhh ... It's good to be the King. The only other time I've ever considered a ban on a name was when Scott Mitchell was available as a free agent and some loose screws kept touting him a few moons ago. (and of course we've masked that team to the East a few times).

Archived