THE BROWNS BOARD

A reasonable Steelers fan!

Polamalu43

Hello all.....

I am a peaceful Steelers fan just trying to mix it up with some other fans from Cleveland. As you all are painfully aware, its been another tough year in Brown town. However, I truely believe there are brighter days for you guys. Here is why I think that:

*As I see it, the Browns will have right around the 8th pick in the draft. I am a true believer in building in the trenches. You guys when healthy have a dominant offensive line. You defensive line is solid but a guy like Brian Orakpo would be a very good pick. Jamal Lewis should also be shown the door and if that is the case, I would not be supirsed to see the Browns take a young, explosive back like Chris Wells from your back yard.

*As far as the coach goes, I don't see you guys landing Bill Cowher. But, I hope for your sake you don't get Marty either. I would be rooting for a young defensive assistant like a Tomlin or Harbaugh and let them lead this franchise. If you did land Cowher, look for him to mange Quinn like he did Roethlisberger and in that case, he may keep Lewis around because Cowher loves the power back i.e. Jerome Bettis.

*Braylon Edwards and Winslow need to grow up in a hurry. They really drag you guys down and are more about themselves then they are the team. But, I believe Romeo has misused Edwards to an extent. Getting a good slot receiver would not hurt either.

No matter what, you guys will be awfully tough to beat in the next 3-4 years if you land the right coach and you rebuild this franchise the right way.

Merry Christmas to all in Cleveland!

Guest ATENEARS
Hello all.....

Merry Christmas to all in Cleveland!

Screw the 'Thanks' Button, we need a feature where you can click a button and it punches a new poster right in the face through their monitor.

Hello all.....

I am a peaceful Steelers fan

You are a fag.

rebuild this franchise the right way.

Oh Ok. Hey Lerner, quit hiring experienced, succesful NFL guys like Savage, or considering winners like Schottenheimer, Cowher, or Stoops. Opie in Shadyside has the formula for building a franchise. Tap into Opie.

Zombo

Wow...you Browns fans are out of you mind. I've been to Cleveland and I know you all are pretty decent people. This season has taken a toll on all of you pretty hard! You've seen how the experienced GM's can do. And if Bob Stoops left OU for Cleveland, that may be the dumbest thing ever for both sides....Butch Davis anyone?

Wow...you Browns fans are out of you mind. I've been to Cleveland and I know you all are pretty decent people. This season has taken a toll on all of you pretty hard! You've seen how the experienced GM's can do. And if Bob Stoops left OU for Cleveland, that may be the dumbest thing ever for both sides....Butch Davis anyone?

Actually, you are being rewarded for all the a$$wipe Steeler fans that came on here before you...all season long. I would say out of the several dozens that showed up here...only 2 were worth conversing with.

As for the FO thing....I personally of the mind that Cowher and Shotty are NOT the way to go. I would like to see a more pro-active approach than going with retreads.

I like Rex Ryan, DC/AHC, Baltimore as the next Browns HC. I think he brings a toughness and attitude that the Browns would benefit from. He is also well acquainted with Phil Savage and his draft picks. I think the Browns need to demote Phil Savage to Personnel only. Then go out and get a true GM. Somebody like Scott Pioli or Floyd Reese. It also would probably allow us to keep Rob Chudzinski as OC. This would mean BQ would be able to maintain the same system he has been under for the past 2 yrs and continue his progression instead of trying to learn a new system (although he seems bright and should be able to learn a new system pretty quickly).

Anyway...if you keep it about the Browns...or at least keep the Steeler stuff in Steeler threads...you are welcome aboard.

Wow...you Browns fans are out of you mind. I've been to Cleveland and I know you all are pretty decent people. This season has taken a toll on all of you pretty hard! You've seen how the experienced GM's can do.

What are you saying Opie, that Savage didn't have enough experience for the job? You know drafting Joe Thomas, Brady Quinn and Eric Wright in 2007 is going to pay HUGE dividends for years to come. He's not a freaking idiot. If he's gone, he's gone. But he brought in more talent than Butch Davis ever whiffed at.

And if Bob Stoops left OU for Cleveland, that may be the dumbest thing ever for both sides....Butch Davis anyone?

I can tell you one thing, Opie, Lerner will leave no stone unturned this time. John Clayton was on ESPN last night saying the Browns will offer Cowher 7 to 9 Million PER YEAR to come to Cleveland. If he's dumb enough to turn that down (Or the Jets lure him with an equal or better offer), then somebody like Stoops, a Northeast Ohio native who, if he beats Florida, will have accomplished everything possible on the college level, has to at least look at that kind of money and challenge and go "hmmm".

Personally, I think Cowher takes the money and kicks Omars Epps ass twice a year. But don't worry your pretty little head about all this, you better catch that last minute sidewalk sale in Shadyside.

Zombo

--Can we find one steeler fan that isn't gay? Please?

I like Rex Ryan, DC/AHC, Baltimore as the next Browns HC. I think he brings a toughness and attitude that the Browns would benefit from. He is also well acquainted with Phil Savage and his draft picks. I think the Browns need to demote Phil Savage to Personnel only. Then go out and get a true GM. Somebody like Scott Pioli or Floyd Reese. It also would probably allow us to keep Rob Chudzinski as OC.

I like some of the names you throw out there, Ryan and Pioli is a nice combo, but if there is a house-cleaning, it will be complete: Savage will not be demoted, he will be gone, as will all of Romeo's staff including Chud.

It's the way of the football world: The new GM and Coach will bring in their own people. Even the secreteries will get fired unless they are really hot.

Zombo

Savage is a decent GM....but, Cleveland can do better. You named 3 players who are decent...Joe Thomas might be the best tackle in football, Eric Wright is a solid corner, but my be a better nickle or dime guy, but Brady Quinn is a total mystery right now. He played OK when he was in there, but did not blow anyone away.

Zombo....all these college guys success is a reflection of the school they are at and the blue chip prospects they are able to recruit. Look at the coaches who had success in the college ranks but blew it hard in the pros. Pete Carroll, Steve Spurrier, Bobby Patrino, Dave Wanstedt you get my point. So, if you guys really want Bob Stoops, go get him...but, you may regret passing on an accomplished defensive coordinator who is ready to lead an NFL team like Rex Ryan.

Look at the coaches who had success in the college ranks but blew it hard in the pros. Pete Carroll, Steve Spurrier, Bobby Patrino, Dave Wanstedt you get my point.

Who won the Super Bowl last year? Tom Coughlin. In case you forget he was the Head Coach at Boston College before going to Jacksonville. Wanstedt, on the other hand, was an assistant with the Cowboys before coaching the Bears and Dolphins. He became a college head coach AFTER NFL.

I see the point you are making, but your facts are wrong, and I think Stoops could coach at any level. Some guys can just coach and win at any level.

Zombo

--Paul Brown comes to mind.

I've posted this before around here...NO Cowher, and please, let's hire an offensive minded coach, and let him bring in a decent defensive coordinator. We've had our fill of defensive-minded coaches around here for far too long (Rutigliano was the last offensive-minded one, discounting Chris Palmer).

If Stoops wants to coach in the NFL, it wouldn't surprise me if he was hired here. We need some young energy to turn this around.

Welcome to our board, I apologize for my fellow Browns fans who were a little harsh, as much as I hate the Steelers, if there is a fan that posts here, and they post worthwhile messages and dont insult us or brag or anything I think they're O-K. Merry Christmas!

Just to make this point clear, I go on the record once again to say that I hate Bill Cowher and we shouldnt even think about making him our coach, he is a steeler, we dont need a Steeler to win, I dont care if he used to play for the Browns, he went to the Dark Side. We can find better and I hope we will

Thanks playground....not here to do anything but talk football. I dont care to brag. I actually respect the Cleveland fan base and believe they are one of the most loyal in all of sports. I say that because I am a loyal Pittsburgh Pirates fan and I have seen a once strong fan base crumble in the face of a certain 17th consecutive losing seasons! :( So, kudos to you and the other loyal Browns fans who stick with them through thick and thin.

Zombo....point taken. I am just bias because I am not a fan of hiring college coaches into the pros. And there are examples of college coachs who have had success like Jimmy Johnson and like you mentioned Tom Coughlin. If I were a Browns fan, I would not forget the name Jim Schwartz the OC from Tennessee. With the way he likes to run the ball.....I would not be suprised if Lerner adopts that philosphy and applies it to Cleveland. Also, draft Wells from OSU and give you guys the very good combo of Lewis-Wells.

If I were a Browns fan, I would not forget the name Jim Schwartz the OC from Tennessee. With the way he likes to run the ball.....I would not be suprised if Lerner adopts that philosphy and applies it to Cleveland.

Schwartz is the DC in Tennessee. Mike Heimerdinger is the OC there, and he kinda sucks.

I mean, if I had Chris Johnson and LenDale White running the ball and Kerry Collins and Vince Young as my QB's, I'd run 50 times per game, too.

I dont think we have to worry about cowher or shottenslimer stepping foot into this pos organization at least as a coach the best we can hope for is some dense defensive minded guy like rex ryan or one of many "bright" offensive coordinator types that dont have a clue of how to do anything but coordinate and if savage stays on as gm it gets even more unlikely we will see any noticable progress in the next 4 years..

Merry christmas to everyone even the reasonable steeler fan..;)

Most of the Puker wads that come here are just pure ass grinders and low lives with no lives.

They live vicariously through their team. Their very successful, bandwagonnish team.

Sometimes they're cute, but usually just dummy inbreds who learnt that there computer thingy purdy good.

That was what amouted to the most stupid post I have ever read.......................

astongishly dumb

Love ya'll may 2009 bring better results all around .......football politics economy wars

and may those wit dere heads stuffed firmly updereasses finally recognize we been on a loser trajectory for some years Brownswize and Nationwize

Happy Holidays..........God bless Obama he needs way more help than the Browns................

love peace and prosperity............and make your goal to destroy those who want to replace that with WAR and Carnage..........which is indeed prevalent now

Jesus loves us if we act like adults..............udderwise.............kissyourassgoodbye

That was what amouted to the most stupid post I have ever read.......................

astongishly dumb

Love ya'll may 2009 bring better results all around .......football politics economy wars

and may those wit dere heads stuffed firmly updereasses finally recognize we been on a loser trajectory for some years Brownswize and Nationwize

Happy Holidays..........God bless Obama he needs way more help than the Browns................

love peace and prosperity............and make your goal to destroy those who want to replace that with WAR and Carnage..........which is indeed prevalent now

Jesus loves us if we act like adults..............udderwise.............kissyourassgoodbye

hittin da nog priddy hard today i see.......dis be da best

Actually, you are being rewarded for all the a$$wipe Steeler fans that came on here before you...all season long. I would say out of the several dozens that showed up here...only 2 were worth conversing with.

As for the FO thing....I personally of the mind that Cowher and Shotty are NOT the way to go. I would like to see a more pro-active approach than going with retreads.

I like Rex Ryan, DC/AHC, Baltimore as the next Browns HC. I think he brings a toughness and attitude that the Browns would benefit from. He is also well acquainted with Phil Savage and his draft picks. I think the Browns need to demote Phil Savage to Personnel only. Then go out and get a true GM. Somebody like Scott Pioli or Floyd Reese. It also would probably allow us to keep Rob Chudzinski as OC. This would mean BQ would be able to maintain the same system he has been under for the past 2 yrs and continue his progression instead of trying to learn a new system (although he seems bright and should be able to learn a new system pretty quickly).

Anyway...if you keep it about the Browns...or at least keep the Steeler stuff in Steeler threads...you are welcome aboard.

Major Exaggeration ! Yes MANY Steeler "fans" who come here are Just here to Yank your chains and rattle your cages...But I would say a Good Dozen of us were fair and didn't "Pile on" , we just wanted to see what our rivals were thinking and talking about. And The ANTEATER guy (On YOUR Side) ...wow ... they don't get much more bitter and Whiny than him. He goaded many posters into going on the Offensive with his BS act.

Welcome to our board, I apologize for my fellow Browns fans who were a little harsh, as much as I hate the Steelers, if there is a fan that posts here, and they post worthwhile messages and don't insult us or brag or anything I think they're O-K. Merry Christmas!
I agree and this guy seems like that kinda guy. Like Preach. Classy and football savvy. snatch, schuck, and Bynerfumbles not so much.

As far as the whole coach thing. I don't know which direction we should go... undecided. I do think though that I would have been looking since back at the bye, with good ole Rip as the interim head coach. oh and Quinn would have been starting in like week 4 or 5. If not starting he sure as hell would have been put in to "provide a spark." In one of many games when we looked flat on offense.

Ok I think that covers everyone I was hoping to rile up. Oh wait............Ghoolie and Itch your idiots.

B)

post-189-1230268312_thumb.jpg

Major Exaggeration ! Yes MANY Steeler "fans" who come here are Just here to Yank your chains and rattle your cages...But I would say a Good Dozen of us were fair and didn't "Pile on" , we just wanted to see what our rivals were thinking and talking about. And The ANTEATER guy (On YOUR Side) ...wow ... they don't get much more bitter and Whiny than him. He goaded many posters into going on the Offensive with his BS act.

I have come on here and yes I will admit I have given the Browns fans a hard time. But at the sametime I have been fair a lot of the time as well and been willing to talk about what the Steelers and Browns were going to do week in and week out. Dont worry about WPB he is just upset and bitter that everything he predicted was wrong about the Steelers back in late September and early October about the Browns being only 1 game behind the Steelers going into this final meeting of the season, and the Steelers falling apart after they had lost the game to the Giants or Colts. He is just a little bit upset that he was dead wrong and I for the most part was right on with everything or at the very least a lot more right about the way things have turned out then he ever was.

While I live in the Y-town Area, I was Born in Pittsburgh. I have lived in NE Ohio the Vast majority of my life. So I have a Lot of friends who are Browns Fans. I aint gonna disrespect you guys , though i will stand up for my side of the coin. And if you talk stupid , I will point that out. But face it , There are tons of bad fans on BOTH Sides. Face it Most fans (short for what ? Fanatics ) ONLY See their side of that coin. I tend to see both sides of the coin being sort of stuck in the middle of the two fan bases. Even this weekend , when I see most of our fans on our boards predicting a Blowout...I am not certain . It has the classic look of a "Trap-game" to me . Should the Steelers Roll ...Oh yes. Will they ... ? Thats Why they Play the Games ! The NFL is a Blast , and yes we all take it Way to seriously. We ...myself included need to remember that sometimes. Good luck in the Off-Season Browns fans ! But Not SUNDAY !

Even this weekend , when I see most of our fans on our boards predicting a Blowout...I am not certain . It has the classic look of a "Trap-game" to me .

See look, they are starting to really think about it, and one of them is getting weak in the knees already.

They are going to lose at home to a Cleveland team with a 4th-string QB that hasn't scored an offensive TD since Thanksgiving. It's really going to happen. Steeler fans are starting to have that "Oh Shit" moment.

Zombo

See look, they are starting to really think about it, and one of them is getting weak in the knees already.

They are going to lose at home to a Cleveland team with a 4th-string QB that hasn't scored an offensive TD since Thanksgiving. It's really going to happen. Steeler fans are starting to have that "Oh Shit" moment.

Zombo

Not Weak in the knees Bozo... err... I mean Zombo... I really don't see our guys giving a crap this week. Tomlin is talking tough. I just don't see us selling out when we have a REAL Game to play in 2 weeks. No disrespect intended , but you guys have deteriorated so badly, I think we might be sleepwalking through this game.

Archived