THE BROWNS BOARD

Gradkowski era to begin on Sunday

Lumbergh

Fourth-string quarterback Bruce Gradkowski will probably start Sunday's season finale against the Steelers in Pittsburgh because of Ken Dorsey's mild concussion, coach Romeo Crennel said this morning.

Echoes of the ill-advised phrase "he couldn't be worse than the last guy" are ringing throughout Cleveland...

Echoes of the ill-advised phrase "he couldn't be worse than the last guy" are ringing throughout Cleveland...

Seriously. How stupid we all are to think that another QB couldn't do better than the lowest rating in the NFL. Its Cleveland after all and we deserve the worst rated passer.

Fraud.

Fourth-string quarterback Bruce Gradkowski will probably start Sunday's season finale against the Steelers in Pittsburgh because of Ken Dorsey's mild concussion, coach Romeo Crennel said this morning.

I'm sure he'll do as well as the other three in that great "cockpit" that we built for our QBs.

Zombo

Over-rated O-line, aging lumbering running back, oft-injured TE, Butter-fingered #1 wideout, absolutely NO #2 wideout ... How Did Derek only win three games?

This was Cumberg's attempt to say that we all said Brady Quinn "couldn't be worse than the last guy" and that he indeed was. Unfortunately for the Browns haters like Lumberg, Quinn was all-in-all better than DA and showed that he is the future.

You know, I haven't been around much this year, which was great timing, because I hate these QB soap operas. I hope Quinn takes over next year and keeps the job for 12 years so we have don't have to have any more gay QB controversies.

But I have to say that Browns fans, and this board in particular, have been WAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY to harsh on Anderson. Maybe you guys just don't like Lumbergh, so you hold it against Anderson. Maybe Anderson's an "outsider" cause he's a West Coast guy or something. But anybody who started for the Browns at QB this year deserves a medal of honor just for getting abused by a horrible surrounding cast that couldn't catch, couldn't run, and had numerous blocking breakdowns.

Anderson was 13-10 as a starter the past two seasons as a former 6th rounder with limited experience. I'm glad he came along. Some of the games like the barn-burner against Cincy last year, the last-second win over Seattle, and the stomping of the Giants this year were the most entertaining games of the new era and Anderson brought a live arm and a great attitude, too.

Not sure why everyone around here hates him. We haven't done any better without him. And we didn't do any better before him.

You're right, Zombo.

We (well, I can only speak for myself so perhaps I should have said "I") don't hate him, per se. We just realized he wasn't the QB of the future and just wanted to move on. I wish Derek no ill will whatsoever. And if the $$$ would have worked out better/differently, I wouldn't mind/have minded keeping the guy as a backup.

The DA lover(s) who hijacked my/our team were admittedly irritating, though. And by irritating, I mean IRRITATING.

Funny part is Gradkowski can play........was thrown to the dogs......confidence destroyed....will he really be given a chance ..........or is he quinn road kill..........'

bottom line is Bruce won more games against stellar opponents than glamour boy Quinn

too funy as politics goes into football ............as well

Funny part is Gradkowski can play........was thrown to the dogs......confidence destroyed....will he really be given a chance ..........or is he quinn road kill..........'

bottom line is Bruce won more games against stellar opponents than glamour boy Quinn

too funy as politics goes into football ............as well

Grad has a live arm. I could see him sticking around to backup Quinn next year.

Sunday he will do what ONLY Tim Couch has done in the new era: Beat the Steelers.

So when he wins that game, he IMMEDIATELY moves ahead of Detmer, Holcomb, Wynn, Pederson, Garcia, Dilfer, McCown and Anderson in Cleveland Browns annuls. He gets a lifetime pass to the Dawpound, next to Dr. David Mays.

Zombo

---Yes, we will beat the Steelers. I guarantee it.

Grad has a live arm. I could see him sticking around to backup Quinn next year.

Sunday he will do what ONLY Tim Couch has done in the new era: Beat the Steelers.

So when he wins that game, he IMMEDIATELY moves ahead of Detmer, Holcomb, Wynn, Pederson, Garcia, Dilfer, McCown and Anderson in Cleveland Browns annuls. He gets a lifetime pass to the Dawpound, next to Dr. David Mays.

Zombo

---Yes, we will beat the Steelers. I guarantee it.

funniest part here is Grad won big time in college and our resident massive hugo stupendo hero Quinn lost big time on college and the numbers are available to prove it...........

BUT WAIT..........Brady is annoited a huge star...........FOR DOING NOTHING..........and Grad is annoited to be pissed on for winning when he had a chance

and the world goes round and round and BRowns fandom get stupider by the minute

Evidently, stuff like strength of schedule and pro scouting reports have eluded you, rich.

What the fcuk do you think Quinn's numbers and W-L record would have looked like playing a MAC schedule like Grad's?

Come on, man. Get a grip. You may not like Quinn, but claiming Grad is a superior QB based upon his collegiate W-L record is really quite stupid.

ummmmmmmmmmmmmhhhhhhhhh, Me thinks Quinn would have lost the MAC championship instead of winning it like 'Grad..........and me thinks we would have what we have.....Mr a number one round pick and a mr two round pick.............who never won shit at any level........

and NOW PRAISE THE LORD BRADY QUINN AND PHIL SEWAGE ARE GOING TO LEAD US TO AT LEAST FIVE SUPER BOWL WINS'

or maybe one winning season...........right now a proven stiff (sewage) and a guy who never won a game against formidable opposition

wtf is wrong wit diss assessment

Methinks, my ass. Quinn (the all-time leader at Notre Dame in many categories) would have lost in the MAC? This is what you're saying? As a self-professed numbers guy, that assessment should embarrass you. Give me a piece of data, just one, to back this ludicrous assertion. I am an avid Notre Dame hater, by the way.

And we weren't talking about "Sewage" here.

I think Gradkowski will play well, and I'm serious about the Browns winning it, they will.

I see us scoring 24. Jamal Lewis is a proud man. He is ninety-some yards from 1,000 and when a team like the Steelers is in a position where they are more concerned with staying healthy than anything else, they can be run on.

The players like Romeo, they know this is his last game and with the Steelers playing some backups and thinking about the playoffs, the Browns will win.

If you look at Gradkowski's stats from 2006, they were pretty similar to Leftwich that year. I assume he'll be starting or playing most of the game? Grad will play well, the Browns will run well, and the Romeo factor will push us over the top.

Then we can hire a real coach and grad can compete to backup Brady next year.

Zombo

I think Gradkowski will play well, and I'm serious about the Browns winning it, they will.

I see us scoring 24. Jamal Lewis is a proud man. He is ninety-some yards from 1,000 and when a team like the Steelers is in a position where they are more concerned with staying healthy than anything else, they can be run on.

The players like Romeo, they know this is his last game and with the Steelers playing some backups and thinking about the playoffs, the Browns will win.

If you look at Gradkowski's stats from 2006, they were pretty similar to leftwich that year. I assume he'll be starting or playing most of the game? Grad will play well, the Browns will run weel, and the Romeo factor will push us over the top.

Then we can hire a real coach and grad can compete to backup Brady next year.

Zombo

I'm doing my festive holiday colors. :) The only thing I agree on is- this is Gradowski's audition to be Quinn's backup next year. Dorsey has proved he's not an NFL level backup. I don't totally rule out Anderson coming back at a greatly reduced price, but I seriously doubt it. Someone's going to offer DA stupid money after we cut him loose. All I want for Christmas is a decent coach for the Browns. Cribbs got a broken arm, or something? You'd think they should throw once in awhile out of the flash formation.

Oh and I don't share your optimism about beating the Steelers. If they can't beat a lousy team like the Bengals at home, how are they going to beat a decent Steeler team on the road? The Browns have just looked horrendously unmotivated the last couple of games. Bye, Romeo.

I like Bruce .........he played big in big games in college as opposed to centerfold boy Quinn............

I firmly believe he can give a REAL SHOT become a noteworthy QB in the NFL

but never as worthy as some ........dyh er lineman

And there it goes folks

WE THE BROWNS PAID A FORTUNE FOR OL GUYS GOING NOWHERE

and here is Bruce on the chopping block

Go figure how absolute dumb the mentality can be

I like Bruce .........he played big in big games in college as opposed to centerfold boy Quinn............

Since you ignored me the first time, I'll give you the opportunity to try again, since you're obviously not ready to give it a rest.

I said:

Methinks, my ass. Quinn (the all-time leader at Notre Dame in many categories) would have lost in the MAC? This is what you're saying? As a self-professed numbers guy, that assessment should embarrass you. Give me a piece of data, just one, to back this ludicrous assertion.

Along with some data, please list all of the "big games" Bruce has played in.

Merry Xmas.

Championships and lighting it up..............Bradkowski did at Toledo.............meanwhile Quinn lost nearly every big game he was in and massacred by OSU and LSU in consecutive bowl games

hope that suffices............I got my evidence show me yours

After watching Dorsey play I'd say 3rd string is WIDE open.

I'm cool with Gradkowski nailing that spot down. He toiled in Toledo so he deserves a break.

Meaningless game or not, I hope we destroy Pittshole.

Doug

That's evidence??? C'mon, man. If you don't feel like debating this seriously, just say so.

I can say as well Gradkowski won the MAC almost single handidly in the

Championship Game what has Quinn ever won besides glowing awards for ...........sumtim????????????

and sucking huge in every big game he played in

"Losing games against better teams" and "sucking hard in big games" are not the same thing, rich.

And calling MAC Championships "big games" is funny. I fondly remember being glued to my seat during the Buffalo/Ball State game...

You know, I haven't been around much this year, which was great timing, because I hate these QB soap operas. I hope Quinn takes over next year and keeps the job for 12 years so we have don't have to have any more gay QB controversies.

But I have to say that Browns fans, and this board in particular, have been WAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY to harsh on Anderson. Maybe you guys just don't like Lumbergh, so you hold it against Anderson. Maybe Anderson's an "outsider" cause he's a West Coast guy or something. But anybody who started for the Browns at QB this year deserves a medal of honor just for getting abused by a horrible surrounding cast that couldn't catch, couldn't run, and had numerous blocking breakdowns.

Anderson was 13-10 as a starter the past two seasons as a former 6th rounder with limited experience. I'm glad he came along. Some of the games like the barn-burner against Cincy last year, the last-second win over Seattle, and the stomping of the Giants this year were the most entertaining games of the new era and Anderson brought a live arm and a great attitude, too.

Not sure why everyone around here hates him. We haven't done any better without him. And we didn't do any better before him.

You have to be kidding. Anderson had one season, and not even that one was a full season where he played well. After the 6th game last season, he started to come back to earth and crashed playing the bungles. He was overrated to begin with and had most of his stats in a few games against teams with very poor records.

I have nothing invested in your team or your QBs except that I would like to have the division be competetive instead of a pushover. Quinn gave you the best chance of that, but your dumbass coach never made the adjustment until it was near the finish for your team. Quinn should have been in by the fifth game you played at the latests. He will be your teams future and if you can get a coach that is not a complete dumbass, you should do well. Considering all the high draft picks and offseason moves, your team should have excelled. Instead they floundered and the buck stops with Romeo. He is the dumbest coach in all of football and was so uninspiring that your team fell worse than ever. He should be ran out of town right before this game.

Sorry, I had to. I seriously expected much more from the browns this year.

Archived