THE BROWNS BOARD

The GM we should be going after...

BrownsFan17

Ozzie Newsome!

There is no reason for him to remain with the Baltimore Ravens. I understand his loyalty to Modell for giving him his opportunity but Art is no longer there. He belongs back here with the Browns. He can bring Rex Ryan with him, too.

Go get him Lerner!

Ozzie Newsome!

There is no reason for him to remain with the Baltimore Ravens. I understand his loyalty to Modell for giving him his opportunity but Art is no longer there. He belongs back here with the Browns. He can bring Rex Ryan with him, too.

Go get him Lerner!

They couldn't get him without giving up picks to Baltimore, if he is still under contract. It would be a lateral move.

They couldn't get him without giving up picks to Baltimore, if he is still under contract. It would be a lateral move.

If he could turn this franchise around, it would be well worth some draft picks.

Well, we've given up more than a couple draft picks when we chose Ozzie's Secretary instead. It's obvious Phil doesn't bring that level of experience Ozzie has and Ithink we've seen on more than a couple of occasions where Phil is in over his head.

That said, if Cowher or Marty came here - their experience levels as Head Coaches might prove to be a much better working chemistry with Phil Savage.

I've never had a problem with Phil's DESIRE to succeed or his ambition to sign guys he thinks are proven vets. I've had the problem with him OVERRATING the need for a smart football mind buffering some of his noviceness to the position. There's a difference. And Lerner not being a football guy has opened his wallet at almost every Savage request. The RIGHT Head Coach might make Phil worth keeping for 1 more chance at a challenging gig. On the other hand, I never really understood what transpired with the whole Collins saga so is he mature enough to allow more experienced NFL minds to buffer him in life after Ozzie? I say this because there's an ego factor involved with him wanting to be THE guy that changed Cleveland like Ozzie was that guy in Baltimore.

Does anyone REALLY think Brian asshole was MORE important than the GM/VP toward makign Baltimore a SB Champion? That's a BIG reason I often HOPE we do the right thing at GM because this will be the 4th Head Coachign Change since 1999.

- Tom F.

Ozzie Newsome!

Go get him Lerner!

It was a nice fast dreamy thought but thats less likely to happen then cowher or marty coming to cleveland ozzy has to be insanely comfortable in baltimore and since savage isnt around the ravens seem to be improving again but they kept modells structure in place the browns under our current owner lack a disciplined or an acceptable structure unfortunately..

Which makes it hard to draw disciplined stucture type personnel to clevelands front office instead we get on the job trainees in important positions like pres,vp,gm and coaches we could really use some veteran structure building like cowher,marty or ozzy could bring but its not happening...and i dont think its a money issue with randy i think its his total hands off approach but yet he sets gay perimeters on control issues that will send bonified winning candidates running away not walking..

Bringing in a guy like butch davis (on the job nfl training)doesnt justify those absurd controls on proven qualified candidates so perhaps he will get the right people and loosen the grip of his ummm hands off approach to the game and truly let some professionals run the team..

Ozzie Newsome!

Go get him Lerner!

What about Kosar? I think that he would be perfect for the GM position. Head coach......I don't think so. He certainly has the brains, and has, on several occasions, on WKNR stated that he would do just about anything Randy Lerner would ask of him. His arena team is kind of up in the air with the league shut down, so maybe it would be a possibility. I think he has a lot of respect around the NFL, and would probably make good decisions in picking a HC.

What about Kosar? I think that he would be perfect for the GM position. Head coach......I don't think so. He certainly has the brains, and has, on several occasions, on WKNR stated that he would do just about anything Randy Lerner would ask of him. His arena team is kind of up in the air with the league shut down, so maybe it would be a possibility. I think he has a lot of respect around the NFL, and would probably make good decisions in picking a HC.

Come on now, you have to have some semblance of rationale here, as I see this spewed all the time. It takes years of working up through a franchise before one can ever become a GM, and Bernie hasn't even worked for a team yet.

Now, I could see Berns stepping in and serving as an offensive coordinator, but he'd have to be willing to put forth the time the job commands.

People in this area need to chill out on the Bernie is god crap and look at things a little more realistically.

I think Kosar would be an excellent President of the oraginzation. We need a face of the franchise especially if Savage stays so.

Come on now, you have to have some semblance of rationale here, as I see this spewed all the time. It takes years of working up through a franchise before one can ever become a GM, and Bernie hasn't even worked for a team yet.

Now, I could see Berns stepping in and serving as an offensive coordinator, but he'd have to be willing to put forth the time the job commands.

People in this area need to chill out on the Bernie is god crap and look at things a little more realistically.

Well....how much experience did Newsome have before he became the Ravens' GM? How about Savage, before he became our GM? Kosar not only knows football, and has connections....he is a successful businessman. I have heard a lot of fans mention Bernie as a HC, and I agree that he is probably not cut out for that position....but GM. talent evaluator, decision maker....that would be his niche...in my opinion.

We're in this mess because Lerner brought in two rookies at their jobs with nobody to report to.

First, Ozzie didn't walk into Balt as GM. He started as Player Personnel director and worked up to GM. Savage was Player Personnel under Ozzie but they brought him in here with a inexperienced HC andhe won a power struggle with Collins and all of the sudden this rookie was ahead of football operations.

Savage may have ended up a very good GM if he had someone with experience and knowledge of FO operations to report to. But, his ego got into the way and Lerner wasn't smart enough to step on him.

So, forget Bernie and let's start at the top a get it right before we hire a HC. Besides, Bernie has said he doesn't want a GMs job, he is a finance guy and is looking for a VP job.

Archived