THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in The AFC North

Zombo

Last year the Browns had a QB that threw 29 TD to 19 INTs, was only sacked 14 times and lost just two fumbles. But they didn't make the playoffs.

This year the Steelers have a QB that has thrown just 17 TDs to 14 INTs, has been sacked 46 times and lost seven fumbles. But they're in the playoffs.

The difference? Defense. It's what keeps the Steelers, and the Ravens for that matter, ahead of the Browns and Bengals every year. It's what has kept the Browns from putting together two decent seasons since they re-emerged in 1999, and it's what is going to get Romeo Crennel fired by Tuesday afternoon: lack of defense. The very thing he was hired to fix.

But Romeo's going to win his last game. And it won't be because all of the sudden the Browns learned how to play defense in his last game. It'll be because:

A leopard doesn't change his spots: Last year, the Steelers stumbled badly in December, losing key games in the battle for playoff positioning, but still had their spot sewn up by the last game ... against 4-11 Baltimore. Coach Tomlin decided to "rest" key players and got his ass handed to him by the Ravens and they were quickly dismissed in the playoffs by the Jaguars.

This year, the Steelers stumbled again, losing home field advantage in a game against Tennessee in which they were badly outplayed, and now face ... 4-11 Cleveland. Does Coach Tomlin man up and take the Browns seriously to avoid flopping like they did the year before? Nope ... coaches don't change. The Steelers will give a half-assed effort again ... lose to a 4-11 team again ... and choke in their first playoff game again. That's what Tomlin does: Lose in December. And January. He's not going to change. It's who he is.

Who wants it more? That what the second factor is ... who really wants this game? From an outside point of view, you have to say: It doesn’t mean anything to Pittsburgh; they've proven they don’t care about these types of games, they just want to stay healthy. But it doesn't matter to Cleveland either ... their coach is as good as gone, off-season bags are packed ... looks like maybe no one wants it.

Well, I'll tell you who wants it:

, quarterback of the Cleveland Browns.

He was out of the league a few weeks ago, didn't know if he'd ever get another crack at the league.

Average salary for backup QB in the NFL: about $1,300,000

Average starting salary for a Toledo grad with a degree in Business marketing? Let's say about $35,000.

Think Bruce wants it?

This is his one chance to prove he belongs in the NFL. This is better than any reality show: Suck ass and never be heard from again, or play well and latch on to a backup NFL job that could pay you a $1,000,000 + for 5 or ten years if you're lucky.

I watched Gradkowski a lot in 2006, down here in southwest Florida, and I can tell you this: he has a live arm. He's also mobile. And the word "scrappy" is overused, but ... this guy is scrappy.

And on Sunday, with everything on the line for one Bruce Gradkowski ...he will beat the Steelers and earn another shot at keeping that dream job that every kid that picks up a football dreams about: NFL QB.

Bruce Gradkowski wants it. Lily Tomlin doesn't. It's that simple.

Kansas City at Cincinnati 1PM

I like the Thigpen kid. And the players want to see Herman Edwards stick around another year, so they're not going to mail it in, so I like the Chiefs. Bungles always lose when you expect them to win. It's their way. CHIEFS 23 BUNGLES 10

****************************Zomboni Guarantee*************************

Cleveland at Pittsburgh 1PM

Gradkowski will play with fire, as will Jamal Lewis, who wants to prove one more time that he can take over a game. The defense will give Romeo a good effort, and for once that will be enough ... because the Steelers will mail it in. If Tomlin does somehow get the balls to play Big Gay Ben for any length of time, he will get drilled into the turf Old-School Turkey-Style. Once the Browns score on offense and the defense realizes it has a chance to beat the Steelers ... they will smell blood and run down Ben's Big Gay Ass. Or slow as phuck Leftwich. Either way, the Steelers will get punked, The Great Zomboni guarantees it.

BROWNS 24 STEELERS 13

****************************Zomboni Guarantee**************************

Jacksonville at Baltimore 4:15 PM

As much as I'd love to say the Jaguars D is going to rough up Joe Flacco and possibly derail the Ravens playoff chances, this isn't the Jags team of years past, and I just can't see the Ravens losing at home to a bad team with so much on the line. Actually this is still a tough pick, because if the Patriots lose at 1:00, then the Ravens are in, and then they will probably rest guys for next week's playoff game and give away this game. Still, I'll play favorites: Patriots win, so Ravens win..

RAVENS 17 JAGUARS 13

Zombo

Last year the Browns had a QB that threw 29 TD to 19 INTs, was only sacked 14 times and lost just two fumbles. But they didn't make the playoffs.

This year the Steelers have a QB that has thrown just 17 TDs to 14 INTs, has been sacked 46 times and lost seven fumbles. But they're in the playoffs.

The difference? Defense. It's what keeps the Steelers, and the Ravens for that matter, ahead of the Browns and Bengals every year. It's what has kept the Browns from putting together two decent seasons since they re-emerged in 1999, and it's what is going to get Romeo Crennel fired by Tuesday afternoon: lack of defense. The very thing he was hired to fix.

But Romeo's going to win his last game. And it won't be because all of the sudden the Browns learned how to play defense in his last game. It'll be because:

A leopard doesn't change his spots: Last year, the Steelers stumbled badly in December, losing key games in the battle for playoff positioning, but still had their spot sewn up by the last game ... against 4-11 Baltimore. Coach Tomlin decided to "rest" key players and got his ass handed to him by the Ravens and they were quickly dismissed in the playoffs by the Jaguars.

This year, the Steelers stumbled again, losing home field advantage in a game against Tennessee in which they were badly outplayed, and now face ... 4-11 Cleveland. Does Coach Tomlin man up and take the Browns seriously to avoid flopping like they did the year before? Nope ... coaches don't change. The Steelers will give a half-assed effort again ... lose to a 4-11 team again ... and choke in their first playoff game again. That's what Tomlin does: Lose in December. And January. He's not going to change. It's who he is.

Who wants it more? That what the second factor is ... who really wants this game? From an outside point of view, you have to say: It doesn’t mean anything to Pittsburgh; they've proven they don’t care about these types of games, they just want to stay healthy. But it doesn't matter to Cleveland either ... their coach is as good as gone, off-season bags are packed ... looks like maybe no one wants it.

Well, I'll tell you who wants it:

, quarterback of the Cleveland Browns.

He was out of the league a few weeks ago, didn't know if he'd ever get another crack at the league.

Average salary for backup QB in the NFL: about $1,300,000

Average starting salary for a Toledo grad with a degree in Business marketing? Let's say about $35,000.

Think Bruce wants it?

This is his one chance to prove he belongs in the NFL. This is better than any reality show: Suck ass and never be heard from again, or play well and latch on to a backup NFL job that could pay you a $1,000,000 + for 5 or ten years if you're lucky.

I watched Gradkowski a lot in 2006, down here in southwest Florida, and I can tell you this: he has a live arm. He's also mobile. And the word "scrappy" is overused, but ... this guy is scrappy.

And on Sunday, with everything on the line for one Bruce Gradkowski ...he will beat the Steelers and earn another shot at keeping that dream job that every kid that picks up a football dreams about: NFL QB.

Bruce Gradkowski wants it. Lily Tomlin doesn't. It's that simple.

Kansas City at Cincinnati 1PM

I like the Thigpen kid. And the players want to see Herman Edwards stick around another year, so they're not going to mail it in, so I like the Chiefs. Bungles always lose when you expect them to win. It's their way. CHIEFS 23 BUNGLES 10

****************************Zomboni Guarantee*************************

Cleveland at Pittsburgh 1PM

Gradkowski will play with fire, as will Jamal Lewis, who wants to prove one more time that he can take over a game. The defense will give Romeo a good effort, and for once that will be enough ... because the Steelers will mail it in. If Tomlin does somehow get the balls to play Big Gay Ben for any length of time, he will get drilled into the turf Old-School Turkey-Style. Once the Browns score on offense and the defense realizes it has a chance to beat the Steelers ... they will smell blood and run down Ben's Big Gay Ass. Or slow as phuck Leftwich. Either way, the Steelers will get punked, The Great Zomboni guarantees it.

BROWNS 24 STEELERS 13

****************************Zomboni Guarantee**************************

Jacksonville at Baltimore 4:15 PM

As much as I'd love to say the Jaguars D is going to rough up Joe Flacco and possibly derail the Ravens playoff chances, this isn't the Jags team of years past, and I just can't see the Ravens losing at home to a bad team with so much on the line. Actually this is still a tough pick, because if the Patriots lose at 1:00, then the Ravens are in, and then they will probably rest guys for next week's playoff game and give away this game. Still, I'll play favorites: Patriots win, so Ravens win..

RAVENS 17 JAGUARS 13

Zombo

Adding gasoline to your own fire here is all I will say about this post...You just keep on telling yourself that all of this stuff with Gradkowski and the Browns and Tomlin mailing it in and not caring will happen. It's a hard thing trying to convince yourself which is clearly what you are trying to do here when you keep on making these insanely Retarded predictions of yours. Are you sure you didnt escape from Verlin??

Guest ATENEARS

Vintage Zippy .... for those newbee's out there, this is what it is about. Quit being pussies and put your name on the bottom line.

Where's that freaking Thank-you button?

And I hate this pompous asshole, but he's schooling you wannabe Browns Fans.

Guest Ghoolie

Good grief,

talk about wasting time with mental masturbation?

There are MANY differences between the Browns and Steelers. Defense is just one. The Ravens have had GREAT defense for ages yet even the schidt Browns were able to beat them, UNTIL that is, that they got a QB. THATS the BIG difference.

Ben has engineered comebacks to DIRECTLY win football games. He is a stud, regardless of how may MEANINGLESS interceptions he throws. If he played for the Browns the Browns would be a 10 game winning team.

If Ben played for the Browns the DEFENSE would be fired up as would be the rest of the team.

You morons got your GREAT OL and it has made NO DIFFERENCE. YOu got your but-buddy Homosexual Winslow, old men McGinnest and Jamal and it asn't done squat.

The difference between the Steelers is THEY HAVE GOOD PLAYERS................... WE HAVE SHIT PLAYERS. We have no Ben, Troy, Hines, Parker, etc. etc. etc. We have NONE of that. Let me repeat it for you Zomblow, WE HAVE SHIT PLAYERS. NO TALENT, anywhere to be found.

The entire team needs to be released.

Shawn Rogers picks up Cryin' Hines Ward and spikes him into Ben Frankenstein's surgically altered face. Both are removed by lifeflight to the Cleveland Clinic as Pittshole is not in possession of a real hospital.

Lameass Sweed replaces Ward and promptly trips over Byron Lefttit's leg and breaks it in 4 places. The Browns sack third stringer Donna Dixon 18 times en route to a 63-3 victory.

F Pittsburgh

F Frontrunning Squeeler trolls

F Urine stained towels

F Myron Cope's rotting corpse

F that Retarded gondola thing they always show climbing that slag heap outside of Heinz Dump

F the steroid manufacturers

F the officials

Go Browns!

Doug

Vintage Zippy .... for those newbee's out there, this is what it is about. Quit being pussies and put your name on the bottom line.

Where's that freaking Thank-you button?

And I hate this pompous asshole, but he's schooling you wannabe Browns Fans.

- Smile Bambi

LOL! He already kicked my ass on Christmas but the tuneup to this was worth every ounce of it.

- Tom F.

If Tomlin does somehow get the balls to play Big Gay Ben for any length of time, he will get drilled into the turf Old-School Turkey-Style.

Zombo

Well, well, looks like the Great Zomboni nails it again.

Zombo

--I can't believe Tomlin was dumb enough to play him.

Zombo

Haha what about the rest of it Zombo did you not write the other part too or did somebody else write it?? You know the one where you said Tomlin was a choker and Gradkowski was going to play well and the Browns offense was going to hang 24 points on the Steelers?? What about that you xxxxing douche comment on that instead...

You know the one where you said Tomlin was a choker

Well, I think he proved that today.

Winning the playoffs was more important than a meaningless end of season game. But Lilly thought it would be a reeeaal good idea to go ahead and play his starting QB

Zombo

--Good Call!

Well, I think he proved that today.

Winning the playoofs was more important than a meaningless end of season game. But Lilly thought it would be a reeeaal good idea to gahead and play his starting QB

Zombo

--Good Call!

Youre such a pussy and a xxxxing douche look at you trying to twist what you said about the Browns winning this game into only the things that you want to believe. Dont worry had the Browns won this game which they never had any chance of doing I would have never heard the end of it on here from you. And by the way xxxxtard Ben is fine the tests were negative and with the bye week and the week off he will be back for the playoff game in a few weeks. Let me know when your team has a head coach and GM xxxxnut...

Guest ATENEARS

Zombo

Wow, you nailed that prediction. As soon as Big Gay lay on that cow pasture field, I couldn't help laughing so hard and thinking about your prediction.

Great Job ... Thumbs up to you!

105195.jpg

And by the way xxxxtard Ben is fine the tests were negative

They scanned for a brain and it came back negative?

Last time Ben was "fine" when when he came back after he wiped out his Big Wheel and threw about 40 interceptions.

Glad to hear he's "fine".

Zombo

--The Browns just knocked the Steelers out of the playoffs ... with a little help from Lilly.

What about Bruce Gradkowski wanting it and being this scrappy QB that you talked about Zombo?? What were his stats today 5 of 16 for 18 yards 2 ints and a passer rating of 2.3. Yea he really wanted it more the only thing he wanted after this performance today was for no NFL team to ever look at him again which will definitely be the case after that horrific performance today...

They scanned for a brain and it came back negative?

Last time Ben was "fine" when when he came back after he wiped out his Big Wheel and threw about 40 interceptions.

Glad to hear he's "fine".

Zombo

--The Browns just knocked the Steelers out of the playoffs ... with a little help from Lilly.

Haha are you mentality Retarded or completely insane?? The Browns knocked the Steelers out of the playoffs?? Hahahahaha. Explain that one to me because as far I know the Steelers still have a game in 2 weeks when at the sametime the Browns shit stained team wont even have a head coach or a GM yet. Keep trying though to convince yourself with all this moronic stuff you are saying here.

The Browns knocked the Steelers out of the playoffs?? Hahahahaha. Explain that one to me because as far I know the Steelers still have a game in 2 weeks

Well, it's like this: your idiot coach started your injury-prone starting QB in a meaningless game and he got his brains scrambled and now he will either a) not play or b)throw the game away when you play in two weeks.

Looks like you'll get the Colts too.

Zombo

--Buh bye!

Well, it's like this: your idiot coach started your injury-prone starting QB in a meaningless game and he got his brains scrambled and now he will either a) not play or b)throw the game away when you play in two weeks.

Looks like you'll get the Colts too.

Zombo

--Buh bye!

Blah blah blah blah blah blah yap yap yap yap no wins against the Steelers in 5 years since 2003, 14 years no playoff wins, 14 years no home playoff games, the last 2 times the Browns have been in the playoffs the Steelers eliminated them both times. Blah blah blah blah he will throw the game away or get hurt blah blah blah. The Browns will have no head coach or GM in 2 weeks as the Steelers get ready to host a playoff game and be 2 wins away from going to the Super Bowl blah blah blah Zombo next Retarded statement keep em coming...

Hi Zamboni,

Last year Big Ben had the best season ever for a Steeler QB, and he was the second best QB behind Brady. He was much better than your 5 game wonder Derek Anderson.

Here are Big Ben's stats from 2007;

2007 Pittsburgh 15 404 264 65.3% 3154 7.8 83 32 11 104.1

Feel free to post DA's stats again, you dam fool.

Shawn Rogers picks up Cryin' Hines Ward and spikes him into Ben Frankenstein's surgically altered face. Both are removed by lifeflight to the Cleveland Clinic as Pittshole is not in possession of a real hospital.

Lameass Sweed replaces Ward and promptly trips over Byron Lefttit's leg and breaks it in 4 places. The Browns sack third stringer Donna Dixon 18 times en route to a 63-3 victory.

F Pittsburgh

F Frontrunning Squeeler trolls

F Urine stained towels

F Myron Cope's rotting corpse

F that Retarded gondola thing they always show climbing that slag heap outside of Heinz Dump

F the steroid manufacturers

F the officials

Go Browns!

Doug

Pittsburgh has some of the world's best hospitals. The vaccine for polio was invented by a Pittsburgher, first organs transplant done by a Pittsburgh doctor, and first lasic eye surgey was done b a pittsburgher for a Pittsburgher.

Guest ATENEARS
Pittsburgh has some of the world's best hospitals. The vaccine for polio was invented by a Pittsburgher, first organs transplant done by a Pittsburgh doctor, and first lasic eye surgey was done b a pittsburgher for a Pittsburgher.

And the specimen that they used all of these procedures on in the experimental stage was strapped to a backboard and carted back to the lab today.

Rothlistein2.jpg

You Cleveland fans are so pathetic....It used to be comical...now its just pain sad. If your gonna pick a team to smash...pick another team than the one who has absolutely dominated you twice a year since Dan Rooney for some reason got you back into it. Also, that Wild Card game brings back good memories as well!

The sad part is...you wish you could be what the Steelers are. 5 time Super Bowl Champions who are constantly in the Super Bowl hunt. I realize that being out of playoff contention in early October sucks...but, take it out on someone else.

To find the differences between the Steelers and Browns...look no further than right at the top. The difference between Dan Rooney and Lerner is absolutely staggering. And it shows why the Steelers are great....and the Browns are what they are....below average.

...but, take it out on someone else.

Wow, another Steeler fan wailing like a woman.

Can't say I'm surprised.

Sorry that we are picking on you.

In our forum.

Zombo

--"Please, please .. take it out on someone else ... I am but a delicate flower, unable to handle your barbs and innuendos."

Archived