THE BROWNS BOARD

Big Ben is a Faker

Guest ATENEARS

When they won SB XL starting during the playoffs I was gettin run off route 28 by Mercedes with Steeler magnets on them. Steeler stuff everywhere.

The next year around week 12 or so...when they were out of the playoffs...it was go Pens. I live in Pa, and I know who the Steeler "faithful" really are.

Two losing seasons..and it'll be a hockey town again.

Tell that to all the Steeler fags on the board.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
... and Ben went on to have one of the greatest end of game drives ever in the history of the Super Bowl, culminated with one of if not the greatest catch and play ever in Super Bowl History by Santanio Holmes...

Actually, I believe you are confusing the Squealer's SB game with the time Eli Manning led the Giants down the field to beat the Patriots. You know the one, where Plax pinned the football against his helmet to make the Greatest Catch in Super Bowl History.

Yep. I live here too. I remember when they were poor before Ben came and I was getting offered tickets for face value all the time.

For example: I hate the Steelers. But I can talk about them, their off season moves, their wins and losses, etc, like a civilized person. Because I am a FOOTBALL fan and a Browns fan. I cannot have a decent FOOTBALL conversation with a Steeler fan about anything but the Steelers, without them rolling their eyes, making fun or becoming disinterested. It's because they are ONLY Steeler fans, not FOOTBALL. That is why the fan base excitement ebbs and flows with the teams' success.

I love football and the Browns....but it is still just a sport, something none of us can take a bit of credit for. When a SPORTS TEAM becomes your IDENTITY, like MOST STEELER FANS.....then you've become a sorry human being.

One for the Thumb!

benthumbsup.jpg

Atenears gets MORE than 1 thumb up for this classic. I don't think the Clumsy Candyass deserved a dime that day when Byron's Leftwich did all the work.

It's amazing what Human Growth Hormone has done for that franchise. They were 5-7 a few years ago when Ben Raping gave us the Bambi pose. 1-2 weeks later he's sprinting around the field like he's Randall Cunningham with Larry Csoncka's power. After the season, we would read about some crooked team doctor purchasing excessive amounts of Human Growth Hormone for clinical practices. Geee, there's a surprise!

- Tom F.

Atenears gets MORE than 1 thumb up for this classic. I don't think the Clumsy Candyass deserved a dime that day when Byron's Leftwich did all the work.

It's amazing what Human Growth Hormone has done for that franchise. They were 5-7 a few years ago when Ben Raping gave us the Bambi pose. 1-2 weeks later he's sprinting around the field like he's Randall Cunningham with Larry Csoncka's power. After the season, we would read about some crooked team doctor purchasing excessive amounts of Human Growth Hormone for clinical practices. Geee, there's a surprise!

- Tom F.

I agree - this was an awesome post by Atenears. And for the Preacher - go preach somewhere else. I never liked the guy from the beginning, always getting pissed off from comments on a message board. Are you serious - its a message board dude!

As for the HGH comments - as a Steelers fan - I love it! Whatever it takes to win more hardware - raping, cheating, stealing - doesnt matter to me - I have no class and proud of it!

Actually, I believe you are confusing the Squealer's SB game with the time Eli Manning led the Giants down the field to beat the Patriots. You know the one, where Plax pinned the football against his helmet to make the Greatest Catch in Super Bowl History.

No I have the game and the catch right. Santanio Holmes catch with 34 seconds left to win the game has already been named by Steve Sabol the head of NFL films as the greatest catch in not only Super Bowl history but greatest catch of all-time. As for the Giants game with the Pats it was David Tyree that caught the pass against his helmet you xxxxing moron not Plaxico Burress. So I guess your credibility is already shot there with that statement...

greatest catch of all time? talk about a homer....holy shit. to even think that was better than 'the immaculate reception' is fuking laughable at best.....

its not even the greatest catch in your franchise history, let alone the catch of the year, catch of all superbowls, or all-time.

you get a pass though....i can see how it would be difficult to watch TV with your head constantly up your own ass.

No I have the game and the catch right. Santanio Holmes catch with 34 seconds left to win the game has already been named by Steve Sabol the head of NFL films as the greatest catch in not only Super Bowl history but greatest catch of all-time. As for the Giants game with the Pats it was David Tyree that caught the pass against his helmet you xxxxing moron not Plaxico Burress. So I guess your credibility is already shot there with that statement...

Greatest catch of all time? Wow, talk about being a stupid stoolers fan. The greatest catch of all time was by Dwight Clark, the wide reciever who caught a ball that was hideously over thrown. BTW, Santanio Holmes sucks dick!

Greatest catch of all time? Wow, talk about being a stupid stoolers fan. The greatest catch of all time was by Dwight Clark, the wide reciever who caught a ball that was hideously over thrown. BTW, Santanio Holmes sucks dick!

dwight-clark--the-catch.jpg

Now thats a catch....

Holmes was basically standing in the corner of the endzone waiting for the ball. He didn't even have a defender on him.

greatest catch of all time? talk about a homer....holy shit. to even think that was better than 'the immaculate reception' is fuking laughable at best.....

its not even the greatest catch in your franchise history, let alone the catch of the year, catch of all superbowls, or all-time.

you get a pass though....i can see how it would be difficult to watch TV with your head constantly up your own ass.

Well here is the video of Sabol calling Holmes catch the greatest catch of all-time so there ya have moron...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/pittsburgh-steel...eatest-TD-catch

dwight-clark--the-catch.jpg

Now thats a catch....

Holmes was basically standing in the corner of the endzone waiting for the ball. He didn't even have a defender on him.

Yea you're right it was a routine catch no doubt. Holmes only had 3 xxxxing defenders between him and the ball. I am sure Braylon Edwards would have caugh I mean dropped it like he does everything else that hits his xxxxing hands...

so you've got one guy sayin it, and that makes it fact?

your dumber than i thought.

Well considering Steve Sabol is the president of NFL Films and is a main face for the NFL and is the only person to ever attend all 43 Super Bowls I would say it gives the catch a lot of credibility. Now I probably wouldnt call it the greatest catch of all-time even I think that's a bit of a stretch but other then David Tyree's grab 2 years ago against the Patriots, and John Taylor's game winning TD to win Super Bowl 23 in 1989, Santanio Holmes td catch ranks right up there as one of the greatest catches and greatest plays in Super Bowl history. Ask any NFL expert on tv or around the league how signifcant Holmes catch was and they will all tell you it ranks right up there as one of the top 3 catches ever as well. I know you hate the Steelers like most Browns fans on this board do and that's fine, but sitting there and saying it's not one of the greatest catches in Super Bowl History because of what it meant is absolutely ridiculous...

Well considering Steve Sabol is the president of NFL Films and is a main face for the NFL and is the only person to ever attend all 43 Super Bowls I would say it gives the catch a lot of credibility. Now I probably wouldnt call it the greatest catch of all-time even I think that's a bit of a stretch but other then David Tyree's grab 2 years ago against the Patriots, and John Taylor's game winning TD to win Super Bowl 23 in 1989, Santanio Holmes td catch ranks right up there as one of the greatest catches and greatest plays in Super Bowl history. Ask any NFL expert on tv or around the league how signifcant Holmes catch was and they will all tell you it ranks right up there as one of the top 3 catches ever as well. I know you hate the Steelers like most Browns fans on this board do and that's fine, but sitting there and saying it's not one of the greatest catches in Super Bowl History because of what it meant is absolutely ridiculous...

Yadda, yadda, yadda. I could name a ton more amazing catches than Santionio Holmes' catch. Seriously, that catch was lame. The best catch ever made was by a guy named Randy Moss. Oh yeah. It's not a superbowl catch, but it's a xxxxing great catch by Moss.

This picture will make you forget about Holmes real quick.

9__1226643462_3185.jpg

Yadda, yadda, yadda. I could name a ton more amazing catches than Santionio Holmes' catch. Seriously, that catch was lame. The best catch ever made was by a guy named Randy Moss. Oh yeah. It's not a superbowl catch, but it's a xxxxing great catch by Moss.

This picture will make you forget about Holmes real quick.

9__1226643462_3185.jpg

Dude you have no credibility at all. Especially when you made a post bringing up that snow game with the Bills and the Browns from 2007 which meant nothing and won you nothing yet you're still trying to pass that off as some great win in Browns history. You must be grasping at straws at great games you have seen and witnessed if you had to pull that worthless game up. Show me a Braylon Edwards great catch of signifigance Dawg?? Great catches and plays are not just based on the catch but based more so on when they are made and what games they are made in. Randy Moss did make a great catch there last year against the Jets. But what did that catch and game mean?? Nothing!!! As a matter of fact, the Patriots ended up losing that game in overtime right after that catch was made. Plus, Moss is a jinx and will never win a Super Bowl. He was on the 2 highest scoring teams in NFL history in the 98 Vikings and the 07 Patriots both or at least one of them should have won a Super Bowl and both of those teams with Moss on them gagged. Ill take future hall of famer Hines Ward who has broken every single Steelers receiving record known to man anyday of the week over Randy Moss.

Dude you have no credibility at all. Especially when you made a post bringing up that snow game with the Bills and the Browns from 2007 which meant nothing and won you nothing yet you're still trying to pass that off as some great win in Browns history. You must be grasping at straws at great games you have seen and witnessed if you had to pull that worthless game up. Show me a Braylon Edwards great catch of signifigance Dawg?? Great catches and plays are not just based on the catch but based more so on when they are made and what games they are made in. Randy Moss did make a great catch there last year against the Jets. But what did that catch and game mean?? Nothing!!! As a matter of fact, the Patriots ended up losing that game in overtime right after that catch was made. Plus, Moss is a jinx and will never win a Super Bowl. He was on the 2 highest scoring teams in NFL history in the 98 Vikings and the 07 Patriots both or at least one of them should have won a Super Bowl and both of those teams with Moss on them gagged. Ill take future hall of famer Hines Ward who has broken every single Steelers receiving record known to man anyday of the week over Randy Moss.

No you don't have credibility. Moss is not a jinx, and will win a superbowl before you stoolers will ever will. And Hines Ward is really a shitty reciever. Breaks only Steelers records, wow, that's amazing. Who gives a xxxx? I sure don't. And also, Moss doesn't choke, NE's defense did.

Yea he breaks guys by the name of Swann and Stallworth's records guys that are also hall of famers and Super Bowl MVP's. Those are the kind of Steelers records he breaks. You keep making yourself sound more like an idiot with every single post you make. Ill keep going back to Braylon Edwards buddy what has he ever done in the NFL that is even noteworthy?? How many records has he broken?? How many Super Bowl MVP's has he won?? How many playoff games has he helped the Browns win since he has been a Brown?? Let's all the do the math because it wont take long ZERO!!! Oh yea and Hines Ward lights up the Browns every xxxxing time he plays them you should know you have witnessed the last 11 ass whoopings he and the Steelers have put on your shitty worthless team...And no your wrong Randy Moss will never win a Super Bowl and the Steelers will win another one before he ever sees one namely this upcoming season...

Edwards actually broke Webster Slaughter's record of 1,289. Despite the drop-off that happened last year, I expect Edwards to do better than Ward. And guess what, unfortunely for you, the Pats will the superbowl, and Moss will get his ring. As for the stoolers, they suck.

Yea Webster Slaughter's record...That's a far cry from guys like Lynn Swann and John Stallworth. Dont even sit there and say that Slaughter was just as good or better then these 2 because you will really sound like a complete moron if you do...Id be more worried about when the Browns will win A Super Bowl or better yet play in a Super Bowl and not whether Moss and the Patriots or the Steelers will win one again...

Swann didn't have as much as yards as Slaughter.

5462 total recieving yards- Swann

8111-total recieving yards- Slaughter

And Swann averaged 47.2 yards per catch whereas Slaughter averaged 50.1 ypc.

So there.

Slaughter > Swann

I said Swann and Stallworth. And dont compare numbers with the amount of big plays that Lynn Swann made in the Super Bowls for the Steelers in the 70's to go along with becoming the first wide receiver ever to win Super Bowl MVP. I guarantee you you could ask 500 knowleadgeable football fans all across the country if they would take Lynn Swann or Webster Slaughter on their team and I would venture to say that 85-90 percent of them would say Swann. And yea btw you failed to compare Stallworth's numbers to Slaughters since you probably knew already or maybe you didnt since you're an idiot that they are better. Stallworth had 537 catches for 8,723 yards and 63 TDS... So Slaughter had 27 more catches yet 600 less yards and 19 career less touchdowns and no big catches in the Super Bowl and records that Stallworth set in the Super Bowl...Sorry buddy you fail again keep trying...

I never mentioned Stallworth. I just mentioned Swann. BTW, I am done discussing and talking with a stooler fan.

I never mentioned Stallworth. I just mentioned Swann. BTW, I am done discussing and talking with a stooler fan.

Yea you're done because you have nothing to say because you know you're wrong. I clearly said compare Slaughter's number to both guys Swann and Stallworth not just one if you look up above at what I wrote. By the way you never answered my question when you think the Browns will be in the Super Bowl much less win one?? I gotta feeling it's not going to happen this season and probably next as well. At least the Sony Reed guy that post here is a logical Browns fan who is realistic and admits that this team currently is no good and is years away from seriously competing. And then there are morons like you who sit there and say the Browns are better and deeper then the Steelers at rb,wr,and o-line like you did a few weeks back in the one post you made. If any Browns fan on this board thinks that the Browns are actually going to make the playoffs or are close to catching up and competing with the Steelers in this division they seriously need to have their head examined along with their football knowledge...

Archived