THE BROWNS BOARD

2009 Draft Slot - Browns Pick 5th

WPB Dawg Fan

Well, just about everything went the way of the best case (worst case, depending on view point) scenario for the Browns in the 2009 draft on this last weekend.

The Raiders went into Tampa and won.

The Bengals beat the Chiefs.

Combine those two games with the loss in Pittsburgh, and the Browns are now picking 5th overall in the 2009 NFL Draft.

Two other tidbits that are going to effect the Browns and the value of that 5th pick.

Donovan McNabb went nuts in Dallas and the Eagles are now in the playoffs. I think the chances of McNabb flying the coupe out there have just diminished greatly.

News out of New England regarding Tom Brady are NOT GOOD. In fact there is speculation he will NOT be available for the 2009 season...which means the Pats will likely be signing Cassel.

Brady Behind Schedule, 2009 in jeopardy

With all those things happening, we will pick high...and the value of our QB's has just increased exponentially. Could be a huge draft for whomever replaces Savage...and will make coming here a TON more interesting to top Coach/GM candidates.

At least something broke our way this year and moving up to #5 could end up being franchise-changing if we end up with Curry or Crabtree because of it, or better yet, we get to hold whomever over the other teams in the top 10 who may want them and we trade down a few spots and maybe pick up a third (if we're lucky).

That was the greatest run-on sentence ever.

Well, just about everything went the way of the best case (worst case, depending on view point) scenario for the Browns in the 2009 draft on this last weekend.

The Raiders went into Tampa and won.

The Bengals beat the Chiefs.

Combine those two games with the loss in Pittsburgh, and the Browns are now picking 5th overall in the 2009 NFL Draft.

Two other tidbits that are going to effect the Browns and the value of that 5th pick.

Donovan McNabb went nuts in Dallas and the Eagles are now in the playoffs. I think the chances of McNabb flying the coupe out there have just diminished greatly.

News out of New England regarding Tom Brady are NOT GOOD. In fact there is speculation he will NOT be available for the 2009 season...which means the Pats will likely be signing Cassel.

Brady Behind Schedule, 2009 in jeopardy

With all those things happening, we will pick high...and the value of our QB's has just increased exponentially. Could be a huge draft for whomever replaces Savage...and will make coming here a TON more interesting to top Coach/GM candidates.

If we can get more than a sack of seeds for Anderson, I'd be thrilled.

If we take anything other than the best available defensive player with our first round pick, I'll puke. We were tied for second last in sacks, and #28 in rush defense. (I'm sure Mr. StatMaster is well aware of that) Those two areas HAVE to be addressed. We need someone other than China Doll Stallworth as a #2, and who knows if Joe J. can make it back- Robiskie in round #4?

As others have suggested, I'd trade Edwards to his hometown Lions for their second rounder in a heartbeat, and unloading Winslow (who I suspect is breaking down) while he still has value wouldn't upset me much either.

Pass on Crabtree, he is nothing but a bust imo. He can't even beat DBs at the college level at this point. If we want a WR, go after Juaquin Iglesias or for a 2nd day pick guy Jordan Shipley.

We have no need to pick a WR at #5, Stallworth was given a huge contract and will be given another chance.

What we need is someone who can change our whole defense and that man is Brian Orakpo.

Archived