THE BROWNS BOARD

Cowher Turns Us Down- Thank God!!!

Bob806

I just heard on WKNR that Lerner met with Cowher on Saturday, and he turned the Browns job down. I know I'm in the minority, but I think that's GOOD....he can keep his Steeler legacy with those fans, and we don't have to root for a guy who kicked our butts for 15 years.

The biggest non-surprise of the year. Why, in heaven's name, would Cowher come out or retirement to join an organization like this?

Never in the cards - only in the fan's minds. Those same fans who used to ridicule him while he was in Pittspuke.

He'd have to be crazy to leave his TV gig for the Cleveland position. He now lives in NC and, maybe, would take a position like Carolina - WHEN he is ready to come out of the TV booth.

Baloney on Cowher. His big flappin jaws spit so much, in freezing temps the Steelers' side of the field looked like Siberia in late Winter.

My Browns coaching staff dream team:

Pioli would be a great move as GM, I still like Russ Grimm as Head Coach, and Josh McDaniels as assistant HC/OC.

Then the Browns should hire Beans as quarterback coach, and Stan as DC, Flugels as oline coach, Zombo as dback coach,

and the rest of the board as their assistants...

Rich can be waterboy.

Thanks Cal, thats is what I am and want to be the waterboy........cause without water you eventually die..........and I been bringing water and hope for so long it is a miracle I kept the thing together this long........never underestimate de WATER BOY..........again tanks Cal.........I am having a boat load of fun and chuckles now listening to the obvious experts here on whom should be the new GM when they these experts nearly universally wanted praised the great Sewage for his masterful job and wanted me to be castrated because of repeatedly saying he needed fired even in year ONE............and until November it was nearly universal by the experts that Sewage really upgraded the team............this is too funny...........I like the almost universal modcium until a few weeks ago..........IN SAVAGE WE TRUST!.........laughing my ass off..........thanks all....except for Ghollie that jamoke was wit me all along...........

Guest Ghoolie
Many of us had doubts, me first, on Cowher's ability to run a football team from A to Z.

I still consider him a good option as HC but I don't rate him good enough to run the Browns.

Yeah, he would crack under the pressure of trying to keep up with Phil Sewage.

It is going to really be hard to follow in the footsteps of what Lerner has built.

Do you realize that it is going to take 5 wins per year to be considered an improvement? You are right, Cowher is too dumb for that. He doens't know the first thing about mentoring.

Guest Ghoolie
The biggest non-surprise of the year. Why, in heaven's name, would Cowher come out or retirement to join an organization like this?

Never in the cards - only in the fan's minds. Those same fans who used to ridicule him while he was in Pittspuke.

He'd have to be crazy to leave his TV gig for the Cleveland position. He now lives in NC and, maybe, would take a position like Carolina - WHEN he is ready to come out of the TV booth.

Words of great Wisdom from Johnny B.

This franchise blows, it really does. Lerner is about to recruit another coffee fetcher. Oh wow, another Bill Belichik bitch.

Rumor has it that Cowher wasn't ready to step up and finally coach a major league franchise. He's scared of a longtime fan base and prefers the newbee's from the mid-70's on.

That is the word that I heard.

Maybe we can finally put the Cowher thing to rest. Apparently when he says no to Cleveland, we shouldn't think $$ can buy anybody.

Lerner has now asked permission to talk to Pioli. Pioli is already a Vice President in New England and if the owner (who is a friend of Lerner's) says no, then Cleveland may be required to compensate New England for Pioli.

Actually, if Lerner gave Pioli more power, as in control over personnel, which he currently does not have, then NE cannot stop him from talking to the Browns, and the Browns do not have to compensate the Pats. Only when its a strict lateral move is permission and compensation involved.

So why do we want a guy who has no power over personnel to be GM.....power over personnel is the main responsibility of a GM..........or do we just want Pioli to fetch coffee for someone like he did at NE and Savage did at Baltimore?????????????/

Guest Masters

I am not sure Pioli is the real thing on his own, but the following would seem to lead me to believe he is a bit more than a coffee fetcher. Or BB is good at fooling everyone in the entire NFL into believing anything he wants.

From Patriots own site

"In recognition of his achievements, Pioli was awarded The Sporting News' George Young NFL Executive of the Year award (voted on by NFL executives) following the 2003 and 2004 seasons. He is one of just three NFL executives, along with Bill Polian and Bobby Beathard, to win the award in consecutive years. Pioli is the youngest executive to win the award."

Hmmmm.... So BB quitely didn't want credit (that would seem out of character) or wanted every other NFL exec to think Pioli was pulling some of the strings.

"Pioli was honored with Executive of the Year honors from national media outlets following the 2001, 2003, 2004 and 2007 seasons."

Hmmmm.... So BB quitely didn't want credit (that would seem out of character) or wanted news outlets think Pioli was pulling some of the strings.

"Two seasons later, following Super Bowl XXXVIII, he earned Executive of the Year honors from Pro Football Weekly (voted on by the media), The Sporting News (voted on by NFL executives) and Sports Illustrated"

Hmmmm.... So BB quitely didn't want credit (that would seem out of character) or wanted news outlets think Pioli was pulling some of the strings.

"In 2004, Pioli's accolades included the NFLPA's Award for Executive Achievement and NFL Executive of the Year awards from The Sporting News, USA Today, the San Francisco Chronicle and SI.com."

"In 2007, Pioli again earned Executive of the Year honors from Pro Football Weekly, the Dallas Morning News and the San Francisco Chronicle."

Archived