THE BROWNS BOARD

Memo to Cleveland Browns owner Randy Lerner: Hire Bill Parcells

Mr. T

Memo to Cleveland Browns owner Randy Lerner: Hire Bill Parcells

Cleveland Browns owner Randy Lerner made it a clean sweep today when he fired coach Romeo Crennel, the day after he let general manager Phil Savage go.

Now all Lerner needs to do is hire his next coach and GM in Miami executive vice president of football operations Bill Parcells. Not Bill Cowher as GM/coach. Not Marty Schottenheimer as GM/coach, and not Scott Pioli as GM.

That's right. Make Parcells GM and coach.

Parcells may be available because there is a clause in his contract that will allow him to walk away with the rest of his guaranteed contract if the Dolphins are sold.

Miami Dolphins owner Wayne Huizenga's sale of his majority ownership of the team could go through next month. That is the only opening Lerner would need.

Bill ParcellsThe Browns could use a GM/coach like Parcells. He has the resume (Parcells is 172-130-1 in his NFL career as a head coach, with an 11-8 record in the playoffs and two Super Bowl wins). In Miami, Parcells helped turn a team around from 1-15 to 11-5 and AFC East champions.

A Parcells-led Browns team can do the same thing, right?

At times, the Browns lacked discipline and consistency. Parcells' no-nonsense approach is exactly what this team needs.

100% YES!

THE best option out there is Parcells. The Browns should have done it last year. The Browns should have done it when he went to Dallas. The Browns should have done it in 1999. The Browns should do it now.

-Al

100% YES!

THE best option out there is Parcells. The Browns should have done it last year. The Browns should have done it when he went to Dallas. The Browns should have done it in 1999. The Browns should do it now.

-Al

He would bring Hope. Even if he didnt take us to the promised land, he would bring in a blue print for winning!

no

Why not?

Parcells has brought a winning atmosphere to everywhere he has gone. Has he won Super Bowls everywhere? No, nobody has. However, he does what needs to be done to create a winning organization. Even as the President/GM, he brought winning to a 1-15 team with much less talent than what Cleveland has.

It didn't take Miami years to learn a new system. It didn't take them years to to turn shit into shinola. Parcells probably never fetched a cup of coffee in his life.

The shit talent on that team is going to the playoffs while his star studded former team (Cowboys) will be sitting at home with the rest of us. That alone should open up some eyes.

-Al, who doesn't understand the anti-Parcells crowd.

Parcells certainly has great credentials and has won everywhere he ever went..........

However, remember this.......Bill Parcells NEVER won a playoff game without Bill Belichick as his assistant coach

Why not?

Parcells has brought a winning atmosphere to everywhere he has gone. Has he won Super Bowls everywhere? No, nobody has. However, he does what needs to be done to create a winning organization. Even as the President/GM, he brought winning to a 1-15 team with much less talent than what Cleveland has.

It didn't take Miami years to learn a new system. It didn't take them years to to turn shit into shinola. Parcells probably never fetched a cup of coffee in his life.

The shit talent on that team is going to the playoffs while his star studded former team (Cowboys) will be sitting at home with the rest of us. That alone should open up some eyes.

-Al, who doesn't understand the anti-Parcells crowd.

no loyalty. and no coach has ever won superbowls with two different teams.

Guest Aloysius

From the Newark Star-Ledger

One other tidbit I gathered this morning is that a certain former coach of the Giants, Patriots, Jets and Cowboys has the itch to coach again. That's right, a source has told me Bill Parcells is telling those close to him he would consider a return to the sidelines. I'm guessing it would have to be the right opportunity for a premier franchise (Jets again????). Parcells has an out in his Dolphins contract if Wayne Huizenga sells the team, which apparently is going to happen. So far, reports have Parcells potentially jumping ship to be the GM of another franchise. But I'm hearing he would also like to coach the talent he selects.

You think he can get Belichick to be his assistant because Parcells never won squat on the sidelines without Belichick right next to him........NOT A SINGLE PLAYOFF WIN EVER

You think he can get Belichick to be his assistant because Parcells never won squat on the sidelines without Belichick right next to him........NOT A SINGLE PLAYOFF WIN EVER

I would trade draft picks for Belichick, as much as some people hate him over the Kosar deal, he was a young and naive HC at that time and Model was pulling his strings to make him the Bad Guy!

I would trade draft picks for Belichick, as much as some people hate him over the Kosar deal, he was a young and naive HC at that time and Model was pulling his strings to make him the Bad Guy!

This is actually more exciting then talking about the piss poor Browns season that just ended. Who will be our next Coach/GM? Let's hope that this time next year we are talking about the playoffs. :)

This is actually more exciting then talking about the piss poor Browns season that just ended. Who will be our next Coach/GM? Let's hope that this time next year we are talking about the playoffs. :)

I agree! its like making out your wish list for christmas!

I like pioli and the big tuna.. since cowhers rejection and lerner isnt interested in marty our options are very limited and pioli or the tuna are really the best options available to randy lerner unless we want an absolutely gauranteed disaster..

Pioli wants to come to brownstown and bring Mcdaniels with him im all for it mickeyD may be the next billyboy under a properly restructured front office..

Would you rather have someone like carl peterson thrown together with rex ryan?

Not me...

Archived