THE BROWNS BOARD

DA's Trade Value is good.

BrownIndian

We were worried that DA's trade value will be low cos of the presence of McNabb and Matt Cassell. After watching Yesterday's game I dont think Kevin Kolb can do the things that McNabb has done and they would have to be filtered idiots to actually trade McNabb.

Also, It seems Brady's recovery is rather slow (he might miss preseason and opening games of 09) and NE might not want to let go of Cassell until they know for sure that Brady is ready.

So the two people who might dent the trade value of DA will not be traded. If NE were to trade Matt Cassell worst case, they would still need a good backup guy and DA can be traded there (if they are interested).

We were worried that DA's trade value will be low cos of the presence of McNabb and Matt Cassell. After watching Yesterday's game I dont think Kevin Kolb can do the things that McNabb has done and they would have to be filtered idiots to actually trade McNabb.

Also, It seems Brady's recovery is rather slow (he might miss preseason and opening games of 09) and NE might not want to let go of Cassell until they know for sure that Brady is ready.

So the two people who might dent the trade value of DA will not be traded. If NE were to trade Matt Cassell worst case, they would still need a good backup guy and DA can be traded there (if they are interested).

I highly doubt theyre interested in a caca QB like anderception......wishful dreaming...Id say the Lions and maybe the Bears are DA's best bets...Maybe Minny...

Add into that the fact that the rookie salary structure has been extended to the end of 2010 (some young QB's may stay in college) and the fact that it is now anticipated Favre will REALLY retire...

(just to keep everyone happy, this increases the value of BOTH our QB's)

Guest Masters
You're getting warmer Knickers.

Try Cleveland.

And can you imagine how long it would take Bill Parcells to put Brady Quinn on a bus to Kansas City?

5 seconds? 10 maybe?

Actually Quinn sooner fits the QB mold Parcells likes to play....

You're getting warmer Knickers.

Try Cleveland.

And can you imagine how long it would take Bill Parcells to put Brady Quinn on a bus to Kansas City?

5 seconds? 10 maybe?

I have to agree with Masters....Parcells likes guys who PROTECT THE BALL...and DA has only 9 starts WITHOUT an INT. That kind of leaves him off the Parcells radar.

Guest Masters
I have to agree with Masters....Parcells likes guys who PROTECT THE BALL...and DA has only 9 starts WITHOUT an INT. That kind of leaves him off the Parcells radar.

He also likes smart game managers, who can read the whole field, as well as a bit of cocky in them.

yeah Quinn is totally Drew Bledsoe, Vinny Testaverde, and Tony Romo, right??? Haha!

FYI fellas, it was Miami who was working with Dallas to get DA last offseason.

and we see how well that went didnt it...after the season your derek bear posted this season....I doubt Parcells would have any interest in him...DA is the reason besides edwards the season went into the tank...

Guest Masters
yeah Quinn is totally Drew Bledsoe, Vinny Testaverde, and Tony Romo, right??? Haha!

FYI fellas, it was Miami who was working with Dallas to get DA last offseason.

Rumored to be working....

Yeah, Quinn totally fits Simms, Hostettler, and Pennington, right??? Haha!

J-E-T-S. JETS. JETS. JETS. :)

Jets first move should be to say thank you and good bye to Favre. As soon as he started his "it might be my last game" crap the decision should have been made for him. I look for the Jets to draft a QB and look for an experienced QB to transition him in. Anderson could be a good addition to start for a year or two until that QB is ready.

Jets first move should be to say thank you and good bye to Favre. As soon as he started his "it might be my last game" crap the decision should have been made for him. I look for the Jets to draft a QB and look for an experienced QB to transition him in. Anderson could be a good addition to start for a year or two until that QB is ready.

Add in that if he is one and done the Jets get a 7th round pick back from GB next year....

Jets drafted Kellen Clemens with a 2nd rounder two years ago. He'd probably get the gig if Favre retires.

Im thinking a new coaching staff and gm would want to see what DA has to offer after a training camp with a real qb coach i most certainly do and im a bq fan but i have always thought anderson and bq were not being coached properly or managed correctly by crennels crudsuckers..

I think our next coach should have a qb competition i think bq will fit more with pioli/mcdaniels plans but DA could be awesome if actually mentored and they both need some real recievers to catch the ball braylon edwards is most likely and rightfully a goner..we dont need that kind of half-heartedness on this team..

I think our next coach should have a qb competition i think bq will fit more with pioli/mcdaniels plans but DA could be awesome if actually mentored..

According to Lerner's press conference quotes he said that it will be up to the new coach, and he also said that a competition is a possibility.

Im thinking a new coaching staff and gm would want to see what DA has to offer after a training camp with a real qb coach i most certainly do and im a bq fan but i have always thought anderson and bq were not being coached properly or managed correctly by crennels crudsuckers..

I think our next coach should have a qb competition i think bq will fit more with pioli/mcdaniels plans but DA could be awesome if actually mentored and they both need some real recievers to catch the ball braylon edwards is most likely and rightfully a goner..

I don't agree. I think we need to make a decision as soon as possible....and I think we will.

There is a small matter of a $5M dollar bonus on March 1st for a roster bonus to DA.

Then there is the small matter of us not having a 3rd/5th/7th round pick in this upcoming draft.

Add those 2 things together with a new GM (who will want to put his mark on the team immediately) and you see that either BQ or DA will be traded (and need to be traded) for draft picks.

It also settles matters going into camps, so no dealing with SPLIT REPS...and everyone knows the QB that sticks around is THE GUY and it is HIS TEAM.

Stability.

QB competitions haven't done us any good over the past 2 yrs...and enough is enough. Pick one and go forward.

According to Lerner's press conference quotes he said that it will be up to the new coach, and he also said that a competition is a possibility.

Since it is up to the new coach...of course a competition is a 'possibility'....just not likely for the reasons I just stated.

I think our next coach should have a qb competition i think bq will fit more with pioli/mcdaniels plans but DA could be awesome if actually mentored and they both need some real recievers to catch the ball braylon edwards is most likely and rightfully a goner..

I agree...While I absolutley believe the DA is not a franchise QB, it's obviuos he is 10 imes better than most backups. Why trade him and have to search for another decent backup? I also think it's obvious that the browns problems went way deeper than a QB this past season. Now if you can trade him for a great Lewis replacement, LB, or OL...that may work.

Guest Aloysius
Unless we get some sort of ridiculous trade offer for him (3rd round or higher) I say we keep DA on the roster, make him restructure that ridiculous bonus due to his shitty play, and then let let him ride the pine. Seriously guys DA is the perfect QB to have as a backup, he usually plays extremely well when there is little to no expectations on him, and thats what a backup role would allow him to do.

I don't see how that works. We ask DA to forgo a big payday...so that we can bench him? Why would he agree to that?

Unless we get some sort of ridiculous trade offer for him (3rd round or higher) I say we keep DA on the roster, make him restructure that ridiculous bonus due to his shitty play, and then let let him ride the pine.

DA won't be restructuring anything this offseason.

The QB decision will be made by the new coach. If the new coach goes with DA then expect BQ to ask for a trade. If the new coach goes with BQ then expect DA to ask for a trade. If the new coach wants a competition then it will get interesting.

QB competitions have never done us any good as of late.

This is just my opinion, but I think it's safe to say that DA is the QB of Christmas past, BQ is the QB of Christmas present, and neither will be the QB of Christmas future. Although, BQ will have every chance to redeem his "throw it at Vickers's feet from two feet away" ability.

At least BQ has a nice touch most of the time, which is a cut above DA's "throw it at everyone's feet from every distance" ability. I don't think DA is worth much more than a case of urinal cakes for trade value. Maybe we can get two cases if we package him with #54.

-Al

There is also the larger matter of the extra $11M in bonuses due to Quinn if he takes 70% of the snaps next year.

Again, numbnuts, that isn't a BONUS...it is AVAILABLE ESCALATORS (to base salary).

8/7/2007: Signed a five-year, $9.25 million contract. The deal contains $7.75 million guaranteed, including a $4.3 million roster bonus in the second year. Another $11 million is available though escalators in 2010 and 2011 based on Quinn taking at least 55% of the snaps in each of the first two years or at least 70% in his third season. Another $9.8 million is available, but is unlikely to be earned. 2008: $370,000, 2009: $655,000, 2010-2011: $700,000, 2011: Free Agent

Even if BQ gets those escalators, his remaining contract is 3yrs for $13,055,000

DA is $15,600,000 for the next 2yrs.

Do the math!!!

Archived