THE BROWNS BOARD

DA's Trade Value is good.

BrownIndian

DA will be gone. I can't imagine that I even have to say it, but he's five kinds of gone. There is ZERO chance that the new Browns brass will try to trot that turd out as a starter every again.

shep just because you want it really bad doesn't make it true.

If Quinn had actually played well this year, as you guaranteed he would and which did not happen, then you would have a better case for your boy getting the job handed to him.

As it stands Quinn is a 49.5% passer who hasn't thrown a TD in his last 70+ passes and who's last pass thrown was a picked in the red zone.

DA has zero chance of being the starter. The Browns are past that era. They won't publicly trash DA for obvious reasons, but this isn't '07 (when Parcells was interested), it's the end of '08 and DA has shown himself - and it isn't good.

Lerner reportedly pulled the plug on DA to avoid further national embarrassment. DA is gone. Nobody wants him as a starter and the Browns made their decision on him mid-November. He's officially at Ty Detmer back-up status at best.

Oh, and Parcels isn't coming anymore than Cowher or Urban Meyer was. Why come from Miami, North Carolina, or Florida to rainy northern Ohio when you have a good situation with nothing to prove?

I'm still hoping for Pioli + McDaniels.

I do not like the idea of competition or having 2 first team QB's with first team salaries waiting on the bench. It is going to bring in a feeling of ill will and discontent among the two. With the salary cap and rebuilding in mind we must make sure that we go with one QB and trade the other QB for good draft picks.

We may disagree on our predictions for Quinn -- I say he'll be a great quarterback in this league for 15 years because of his intelligence, leadership, and work ethic on top of the physical ability -- but it's tough to argue that he won't get his 20 starts or so, like every first round QB. Who didn't?

There haven't been any predictions on my part. I just told you why he stayed on the bench so long and why he got pulled so fast.

And it has very little to what some fans call "IT FACTOR" and everything to do with "THROWIN A FRIGGEN FOOTBALL FACTOR" as Chris Mortenson would say.

Guest Masters
And it has very little to what some fans call "IT FACTOR" and everything to do with "THROWIN A FRIGGEN FOOTBALL FACTOR" as Chris Mortenson would say.

The same Mortenson who did an about face after Quinn's first start??????

Guest Masters
But just wondering, in your BQ-infatuated mind what exactly have DA and BQ done to make someone decide that they should go with BQ?

Well, for starters, DA is the same QB he was in HS that he is now. In 20+ NFL starts he hasn't gotten better, he actually got worse.

Does that mean Quinn will not do the same? No. Quinn might bomb out. But he's still the unknown, while DA is the known.

I don't have a "BQ-infatuated mind." He has a nicer touch with better accuracy (most of the time), more mobility, better leadership qualities (i.e. more fiery and head strong). Laid back leaders are always the first to the guillotine. BQ has actually developed his game beyond high school. DA is a streetballer. DA couldn't read a defense if the defenders held up cue cards.

Do I have as much faith in BQ as Shep does? Certainly not. I think BQ will be a decent QB. I think he compares to Ken O'Brien, who made it to two Pro Bowls, but I don't think he'll be anything spectacular. BQ's "mechanics under pressure" still need alot of tweaking.

-Al

Guest Masters
BQ's "mechanics under pressure" still need alot of tweaking.

-Al

I am curious, which mechanics are you refering to? One of Quinn's better qualities is his mechanics, especially when moving out of the pocket to avoid the rush. High chop steps with the ball remaining high in a position to throw w/o having to reload.

Apparently Randy Lerner is leaving the question open to the new coach.

But just wondering, in your BQ-infatuated mind what exactly have DA and BQ done to make someone decide that they should go with BQ?

go away you DA knob sucking fag

Based on 2008 any reasonable person would half a brain would say Quinn is the starter going into 09.

No they wouldn't.

That's why there's still a question about it.

Quinn did NOTHING on or off the football field this season to make anyone say he is a better teammate, leader, or football player than DA. If you want to argue something different, go ahead and make a case.

But it is well known that Quinn's followers want his 2008 stats removed from the books because they were not what they expected.

The entire case for Quinn is still based on "potential" which happens to consist of incredible mythical qualities such as "it factor" and the unfounded beliefs that Quinn works super hard and is an incredible leader.

And BTW, the leadership argument that shep swore up and down to took a big hit a couple weeks ago when Quinn took a fist to the face in the locker room.

I am curious, which mechanics are you refering to? One of Quinn's better qualities is his mechanics, especially when moving out of the pocket to avoid the rush. High chop steps with the ball remaining high in a position to throw w/o having to reload.

Your quote of JasonJ comes from the same JasonJ that I quoted. (Speaking of which, I hope we hear more from him soon.)

I think it's not so much a matter of scrambling out of the pocket as it is "staring down the barrel." BQ moves well when out of the pocket, but his mechanics under pressure inside of the pocket leaves something to be desired. He tends to hurry through his motion, throw off of his back foot, etc., etc.

I know it's not easy to stand up to that barrel loaded with 250+ pound LBers and DL. He's gotta learn to stand tall and take the occasional beating.

-Al

Guest Masters
Your quote of JasonJ comes from the same JasonJ that I quoted. (Speaking of which, I hope we hear more from him soon.)

I think it's not so much a matter of scrambling out of the pocket as it is "staring down the barrel." BQ moves well when out of the pocket, but his mechanics under pressure inside of the pocket leaves something to be desired. He tends to hurry through his motion, throw off of his back foot, etc., etc.

I know it's not easy to stand up to that barrel loaded with 250+ pound LBers and DL. He's gotta learn to stand tall and take the occasional beating.

-Al

I keep trying to get him to post here. I am gonna have to brow beat him and his wife more...lol

I see what you are talking about now. You were talking in the pocket. The little hop is a bad habit, that seems to come and go for him (broke it in college but started to do it this year in his few starts), and he does hold the ball a little low when in the pocket and the presure coming.

He does have to learn to stand tall and take the occasional beating. I think he will (he took plenty against Ohio St. in the bowl game). But he's got to play in order for that to happen.

We were worried that DA's trade value will be low cos of the presence of McNabb and Matt Cassell. After watching Yesterday's game I dont think Kevin Kolb can do the things that McNabb has done and they would have to be filtered idiots to actually trade McNabb.

Also, It seems Brady's recovery is rather slow (he might miss preseason and opening games of 09) and NE might not want to let go of Cassell until they know for sure that Brady is ready.

So the two people who might dent the trade value of DA will not be traded. If NE were to trade Matt Cassell worst case, they would still need a good backup guy and DA can be traded there (if they are interested).

And trade him for what?

another back-up QB..cuz now there is no depth at at that position........Dorsey is awful and gradkowski...well, he just is more stink.

-Al

Do you mean not change his mechanics, because he certainly took the beating - it was a little more than occasional, thanks to Hank Fraley.

Guest Masters
Do you mean not change his mechanics, because he certainly took the beating - it was a little more than occasional, thanks to Hank Fraley.

Not on those free blitzes up the middle. More when he has a true pocket that is starting to colapse in on him (say at that 2 second point in that mental 3 second clock). That is where slips into that hop step and almost starts to pull the down if you will, as if to be making the move out of the pocket. Not keeping it up and still looking to deliver, even if the protection/defenders are about to hit him.

Archived