THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Fans Prefrence?

BUNSofSTEEL08

As a whole ...what is you guys preference in a new Coach , Experience or Upside ? The Steelers last two choices were Upside as Bill Cowher and Mike Tomlin were relatively inexperienced for a head coaching job. So a Marty or say a Josh McDaniels ? Josh`s dad Thom coached the High School Team in my town for several years Warren Harding. I do wish you luck in coming out of this funk , and don't take great Joy in kicking dogs when they are down. I really just wondered what the prevailing wish was for ... to get better NOW or get better (and maybe take a few to get there) and Stay better. And you may be able to get both , not like there is no talent in Cleveland. Again Good luck.

Freak, Im looking for someone to come in that can make us competitive. I'm not for losing, but I feel alot better if I watch the game and see the team is at least competing...not just collecting its paycheck. Im not for the one hit wonder....I want something built thats going to be a foundation for years to come. I think to do that you need to change the mindset in cleveland. Ive Lewis mention it at times how its a different atmosphere in cleveland that it was in baltimore. I read into that it was more business like and the players were sold on they had a job to do and they had to work at getting better. I think the browns after last season with all the hype were in the mindset that the nfl was just gonna give them the keys to a ride right to the superbowl off of what they did in 07. I really don't even have a coach or gm in mind I would like to have. The only coach I was really interested in already said he wasnt interested in the browns job....and I dont really blame him much.

As a whole ...what is you guys preference in a new Coach , Experience or Upside ? The Steelers last two choices were Upside as Bill Cowher and Mike Tomlin were relatively inexperienced for a head coaching job. So a Marty or say a Josh McDaniels ? Josh`s dad Thom coached the High School Team in my town for several years Warren Harding. I do wish you luck in coming out of this funk , and don't take great Joy in kicking dogs when they are down. I really just wondered what the prevailing wish was for ... to get better NOW or get better (and maybe take a few to get there) and Stay better. And you may be able to get both , not like there is no talent in Cleveland. Again Good luck.

Class post. Thanks. My preference is for an experienced guy- but we just saw what happened in Miami and Atlanta.

And don't mind Lums- he's just a disillusioned DA butt-smoocher.

The preferred coach will be the one who will pull his pants down and spread his cheeks for Brady Quinn.

STFU already and go root for the BILLS like Savage suggested! seriously lay off football till your fatal attraction is on another team and stalk him there.

The freakin Steeler trolls (not talking all Steeler fans, just the trolls) add more to this board then you do. At least they back a team, not just one player on it.

ohh..btw stayin on topic,,

i am all for marty ball...but feel Pioli is the best shot we have for front office...i was stoked his name came up 4 years ago..but it never happened...

if they go young inexp. head coach(McD) they need older experienced coords.

dude come on lum..get over it.. no need to be like that ..

warren g harding a?..i am from lordstown originally..that school (warren) has pumped out some talent over the years..

its so sad you ended up a steeler fan...

Kool I had friends in Lordstown I played softball and Hoops with.

Well I was Born in Pittsburgh. My dad moved us here when I was 5...he didnt make us be Steeler fans , but i distinctly remember a conversation where he told me me and my brother "That team in Brown and Orange... you will Hate that team". LoL !

somebody that will be a coach and not a friend. as for lum he has a huge man crush da and wants to have his man baby if he could. i would josh mac or eric man

Mangini HAS to be attractive. Hes not a Puzz...called out Bill B. on cheating...and I think is the fall boy in NYC when Farve is the guy who tossed 3 picks yesterday !

somebody that will be a coach and not a friend. as for lum he has a huge man crush da and wants to have his man baby if he could. i would josh mac or eric man

Cowher was my first choice but..

Im for both youth and experience thats why i like the pioli/ MickeyD combo these guys are already on the same page it would make the transition much smoother and the results faster..

Mangini HAS to be attractive. Hes not a Puzz...called out Bill B. on cheating...and I think is the fall boy in NYC when Farve is the guy who tossed 3 picks yesterday !

I agree, Mangini got a raw deal with the Jets. Farve was gawdawful in that losing streak that cost them the playoffs. The Jets GM has his nose so far up Bret's butt it's pathetic. It was either Mangini or a 39 year old qb, and he chose the 39 year old legend. Serves him right if Farve retires.

Wouldn't mind at all if Eric winds up in Cleveland either as HC, or DC.

I'd honestly prefer experience at this point.

Why?

We've taken upside every time to this point, and every time we do EVERYONE from front office to the guy who scrubs the cans are people learning their jobs for the first time. It's setting ourselves up for failure. We need a Parcels or a Marty to come in and bring in people that know their jobs, get a solid system in place then step down for a hot prospect to take over. When you've got nothing to build on, you don't bring in a house and try to lay the foundation underneath, you lay the foundation then bring in the house and for too long we've gone house first.

I know I'm going to be slammed for saying this, but...

We're not the Steelers where you have a deep core of talent and capable staff on hand. You could plug in the next guy and it work because everyone knows their role and everyone their has faith in the next guy. It's a real team and I can only hope we develop that here.

I was praying for Wade to get canned down in Dallas so we could bring him in as a DC up until the Eagles just mopped the floor with Dallas.

Honestly, if we could bring in an experienced OC and DC with proven systems we could afford a rookie head coach, but I see fresh staff with all rookies at their positions the death kneel for the new regime.

Jason Garrett playing calling and offensive playbook is way to simple for Defense to read. Didnt you see what the Ravens did to that offense? I dont want to see that twice a year. Defenses usually dont come out and say "That was the easiest gameplan we have ever had to plan for, the Dallas offense is just to easy to read"

Josh McDaniels is a home grown coach and would be a good HC imo. He proved this year he can win without Brady and if not McDaniels. Steve Spagnuolo would be a good guy for the job to, but would probably require a Defensive change to a 4-3 base.

Archived